Ghost in the Shell (2017) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #127) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 2, 2017 (Standard) - April 1, 2020 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 899 CZK (Standard) - 1799 CZK (FAC)
Notes: Matte - debossed on front and back. FAC limited to 501 numbered copies.

E49D150C-6E3E-4CCA-A74E-F125F0DB6D93.jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 16.49.13.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of you potentially importing this probably won't care, but I can add that the Czech audio for this film has finished production about a week ago. In Czech cinemas the movie is distributed solely with subtitles, even though initially that was not supposed to be the case, and was dubbed exclusively for home video. I guess that perhaps the point of this message is that there shouldn't be any delays unless the distributor pulls the plug - which could happen since the Czech release date is currently far ahead of the US/UK. We'll see. I'm thinking about this edition, naturally, myself.

As for a 3D version, hard to say. The film is doing okay to average here, but I don't think the 3D print is as popular since it has been discontinued. IMAX stopped screening it last Thursday and most regular theaters are ending their 3D projections this week too. Is that early 2-3 weeks after the premiere? Maybe a bit. But I haven't seen any other shops offering 3D versions as of yet, thus I fear that a 3D release of any kind for the Czech market is a no. Which is a shame, even if 3D is dying and 4K is being pushed here a lot, because for this film the added depth worked quite well.

Jan wrote on facebook :

GHOST IN THE SHELL 3D + 2D + UHD

Is finally 3D included or is it a mistake ?

Yeah the FAC list on Facebook has this as 3D, 2D and 4K. Consider me interested

as many others on here keep saying - if 3D is included I'll bite(dont mind getting a 4K disc too, for sake of potentially future proofing my collections, but am not totally sold on upgradeing to 4K until I need a new TV/Player if am honest)

Yup. Just look yourself. They updated it on the site a few days ago. And it doesn't surprise me since the UK release date is August 7th. And US street date is still TBA AFAIK. It would be quite weird for the Blu to come out here June 28th, over a month earlier than rest of the world, to be honest. Rarely happens. It perhaps annoys me more than you since I am (as a native) looking forward also not just to the release itself, but also the Czech dub. Knowing it's already recorded and I won't be able to check it out for the next 3,5 months is painful.

• Thanks
Reactions: Phantasmic
I'm not to bothered about the FAC edition I just the Steelbook so I'm going to just order it direct.

Has anyone in the UK ordered from there if so which postage option should I choose.

Last edited:
If the Czech release includes 3D and UHD I hope UK one does too.
This will be blind buy so not sure I want to spend as much as a FAC edition on it.