Godzilla vs. Kong (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 41) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 20, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on August 20, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed Title".
Box Set: Spot Foil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Spot Foil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Box_Packshot_4ba3fae9-f91e-46c7-ba6c-f9b39d864552_2000x.jpgFS_packshot_4ab66f05-ab71-4bd3-86da-de73336e349b_2000x.jpgLS_packshot_c692a244-e116-4b0f-97aa-1e3a8b731ff3_2000x.jpgDLS_packshot_11b02c7f-224a-47c0-9c51-be6d33775a0f_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Something about the perspective on the double lenti images is not quite right. The antagonists are too far away from each other and they just standing there staring at each other is very non-dynamic for the front and back of a premium edition slip box. Also, when looking at those images I keep hearing Ennio Morricone's standoff music in my head from The Good, The Bad And The Ugly. That music is not appropriate for the showdown of these brutes.

• Haha
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Ahhhh, this is better than I thought but was waiting for film arena to complete their set but so far no news…….. I’m trying very hard to potentially not double dip……

Seems like ppl don't like the SL that much? Tbh I'm also torn between the DL and the FS ;)

Seems like ppl don't like the SL that much? Tbh I'm also torn between the DL and the FS ;)
I like the SL a lot. I'd have grabbed that along with the FS but I don't like the idea of getting 2 copies through the GB since someone else will miss out on even getting one.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Chemartin_1
I like the SL a lot. I'd have grabbed that along with the FS but I don't like the idea of getting 2 copies through the GB since someone else will miss out on even getting one.

Go on bud. If you think you can afford them, go and get them. The designs deserve to be bought all. And they are for your collection (not for anybody else or to be sold in other sites).

Manta limits their quantities to 2 edition for customers. I don't think Aniv won't let you get them both.

Personally, I'd go for SL.

Reactions: JGCramp

I’m honestly surprised that the DL seems to be getting more love than the SL.
I think the DL reminds me too much of the drive DL and I wasn’t too happy with that in hand. Worries me this will turn out the same although there’s more clarity in the DL images for this release. More going on and much clearer imagery

What is trouble that some of their OC don't fit. I read something about MOQ.
I know that WeET some have 3 sets, others 4. Does Manta have some problem or troubles lie elsewhere?

MOQ is an acronym that stands for minimum order quantity. Meaning the minimum amount of a given product that a customer must order for the business to be willing to fulfill the order.

Take The Greatest Showman box set for example, there are only a few hundred sets, that's not enough to order protectors since the MOQ is in the thousands.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
I really love the back of the SL, probably my favourite shot of the set!
My only gripe with it is that both sides of the slip and the back of the steelbook have similar poses with Kong on the right side getting ready to punch Godzilla on the left side. It would have been an instabuy for me if it had the front of the FS