Grindhouse (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #35) [Korea]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: September 30, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - Box Set (Pre-order on September 10 at 10 PM - Korea time)
Prices: $42.99 (Full Slip) - $43.99 (Lenti A or B) - $152.99 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - Box Set
Note: Total print run 3000. Domestic 1500, International 1500: Full Slip 500 copies - Lenti A 650 copies - Lenti B 650 copies - Box Set 400 copies

FS_full.jpgLA_Death proof_full.jpgLB_planet terror_full.jpgOC_full.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They've repurposed the uk amaray art for the front of the FS (with Russell instead) if anyone was interested where that image came from. I think they've made the PT image themselves on the back to match though...

View attachment 515093

still got the DVD with the reversible art.
Kurt on the otherside

can’t believe some people haven’t seen this art before. Been out since day 1

Reactions: samdavies
I can’t decide. All have grown on me. I might even one click it because DP is one of the greatest Tarantino films and PT is amazing too.

but I'm not feeling that steelbook at all unfortunately... it looks very amateurish IMO,

I don’t think it looks amateurish at all. I think it suits the grindhouse/ B movie vibe 100%.
Love that front. Also glad DP gets the front seat on the steel.

This Will be the final piece of the puzzle for me because I only own them as the grindhouse presentation on Blu ray. Not the single cuts. I only have the single cuts on DVD and both are much better films in the extended fashion. I just prefer them on their own. The only real selling point of the grindhouse double feature is the fake trailers

Reactions: Fmac72 and Hereticz
this should be the back on the steelbook

It is on a Best Buy/Futureshop steelbook, also kind of that, with the bike and bullet holes, on Zavvi steel. I got all of them, so I'm glad this one is different.

Yet this way you cannot arrange the complete Tarantino premium filmography without including that one Rodriguez movie in its middle. It'll stick like a sore thumb.

That's such a shame, especially since they're releasing them as stand-alone, full-length movies.
Would you have liked to pay $50 twice?
Here's your chance to buy with a slip featuring only one of the films, and getting the other 'for free'. Kinda like the point of double features was.

I can’t decide. All have grown on me. I might even one click it because DP is one of the greatest Tarantino films and PT is amazing too.

I don’t think it looks amateurish at all. I think it suits the grindhouse/ B movie vibe 100%.

This Will be the final piece of the puzzle for me because I only own them as the grindhouse presentation on Blu ray. Not the single cuts. I only have the single cuts on DVD and both are much better films in the extended fashion. I just prefer them on their own. The only real selling point of the grindhouse double feature is the fake trailers
I can't decide either, between the FS and the DP SL. I'm not prepared to OC it, so hopefully one of those looks considerably better in the live shots than the other to help me out deciding.

I really like DP, but PT i watched again recently and it didn't live up to what i remembered. It's okay and definitely pure B movie, i feel DP goes beyond that & is actually fairly gripping at times.

It's a shame the trailers aren't included as extras, honestly the only really cool trailer imo is Machete, which we've got film for.

Reactions: Flloydo

What's missing from the longer cut of PT can you remember?

What's missing from the longer cut of PT can you remember?

I don’t think much was cut from PT if I’m honest.
It’s about 13 minutes in total. Just some filler and extra/ extended scenes all around.

DP has the bigger cut. Mostly talking and some extended scenes. Much prefer the directors cut to the grind house cut tho. I think the lap dance is extended too

Reactions: samdavies
How did I not notice this? That back of the steelbook is going to annoy me a bit now that I've seen it's the wrong leg.
That’s what made the the decision between the FS and PT lenti for me! Although ironically the slipcover has it on the correct leg and it’s the steelbook that’s wrong!

Reactions: jailbird_joey
Praying this also includes a Deathproof full cut disc
fully uncut is the way to watch this movie, i much preferred it that way. that was the disc inside the Reel Synergy release.

i guess its stupid expensive now, Amazon product maybe can be found on an international amazon or other retailer etc. in usa. sold out at best buy too. Not that anyone wants a dvd but only 5.99 as dvd ... so maybe some searching one could get uncut and fully extended version somewhere if not inside this release.

Tarantino and Rourke have been having weird relationship. Bruce Willis' role was written specially for Rourke. Did not happen. In True Romance (TQ's script) is mentioned that Rourke is sexiest man alive or something.

@Flloydo Kurt Russell rules ok, but Rourke is way y y y better actor. He just destroyed his own career.
On the joe rogan interview he touches on the fact that it was Rourke's agent or handler that screwed that up and wasnt a dig at rourke. Not to say that he didnt screw up much of his career himself tho.

Reactions: Flloydo
Has anyone else noticed that the gun swaps legs...on the front of the PT lenti slip it's her right leg...on the steelbook it's her left leg!? :LOL:
How did I not notice this? That back of the steelbook is going to annoy me a bit now that I've seen it's the wrong leg.

It’s actually Like that on this particular poster Too. Never noticed that before and I had this poster years ago lol. I thought nova flipped it for the steel

6651C8EC-F5CE-4E2B-BCFA-37D2B207854F.jpeg

Reactions: jasong and JGCramp
fully uncut is the way to watch this movie, i much preferred it that way. that was the disc inside the Reel Synergy release.

i guess its stupid expensive now, Amazon product maybe can be found on an international amazon or other retailer etc. in usa. sold out at best buy too. Not that anyone wants a dvd but only 5.99 as dvd ... so maybe some searching one could get uncut and fully extended version somewhere if not inside this release.

On the joe rogan interview he touches on the fact that it was Rourke's agent or handler that screwed that up and wasnt a dig at rourke. Not to say that he didnt screw up much of his career himself tho.

Completely forgot the reel synergy has the uncut feature. Love that ammray art on the keep case too. Both sides