Guardians of the Galaxy (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Collection #4) [Korea]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: December 22, 2014
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti Type A - Lenti Type B - One Click (Pre-order on December 4 at 11 PM Korea time)
Price: $49 ($47 as promotional price for 1 day - Individual editions) - $141 (One Click)
Package type:
1) Lenticular A-type 580 coopies (Order limit: 1 copy per order)
2) Lenticular B-type 500 coopies (Order limit: 1 copy per order)
3) Full slip 700 copies (Order limit: 2 copies per order)
4) One click option 200 copies (Order limit: 1 copy per order, Same number from 1 to 200)

Group buy: masterblaster (ROW)
Premium supporters only: Get selected to purchase either lenticular or full slip @ cost here!

Package:
- SteelBook itself has worldwide artwork.
- Extras: 2x Poster card, GoG 4x character artcard, pre-order gift as plastic clear slipcase, Novamnm exclusive slips
- Combined Print run: 1.7K

Full slip:
Lenticular Type A :
10325203_522346471202463_7726185366925276919_n.jpg

NZyiYjh.gif

Lenticular Type B :
1557460_522346491202461_4197234281859389992_n.jpg
SjJHEvE.gif

Pre-order worldwide times:
img_89378471005990-jpeg.118143

Attachments

• 1586189353765.png
    1586189353765.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 510
Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it just highlights the different types of collectors. Some collectors are happy to pay a premium for a bit of paper and some post cards they will never look at. I can understand someone purchasing this if they enjoyed the film and like the Steelbook artwork and intend to open the package to enjoy it. I imagine most will keep this sealed though so they are effectively paying $50+ for a slipcase since they will never watch the disc, look at the postcards or see the Steelbook itself which I don't really understand. The only thing I find more mystifying is that many will order multiple copies/versions.

So it's still the same steelbook that you all hate but because they sell it with some colourful cardboard with a number on it it's now amazing? Is that what I'm reading?

I'm always surprised to see the main selling point of a steelbook is the paper around it for so many people.

It's very simple, really. People are different, they think differently. Collectors like different things for a number of reasons. Not everybody thinks like you (or me, for that matter). Just to state the obvious, as this topic seems to come up over and over again in different threads.

I'm tempted to say that "I can't understand why this is so difficult to understand", but I'm not going to say that :D :hilarious:

Reactions: lgans316
We each have our preferences folks, please let's stay on topic and feel free to take this discussion to either PMs or create a thread for it in the chat section. Thanks. :)

Reactions: Ranavalone
Interesting. Would like to see what the slips look like before deciding, though I do have the custom slip coming at some point so may just stick with that

Argh.............I kinda had a feeling something like this may be released. Love great packaging but the steel itself is an abomination :wtf: IMO. What to do ? What to do ? I guess if I like what I see, I may go for it, otherwise there is a major potential that blufans picks this up and will just wait for that

Well I hope I wont be hanged here for offering it BUT I have set up a GB Thread . It is awaiting its approval and then it can go live , so if you would be interested it would be good to keep an eye open for it... :)

Take caer
John

you're the best John. Without you my collection would be shame :thumbs:

Reactions: Marina Blue
Well, at least the slip fixes the issues of titles.
I just wish the titles were on the steelbook itself instead of a plastic slip that can become damaged over time.

Infact, I wish the artwork were completely different, but that's just a reinstatement of my earlier opinion.

is there going to be any group buy?

Masterblaster said:
Well I hope I wont be hanged here for offering it BUT I have set up a GB Thread . It is awaiting its approval and then it can go live , so if you would be interested it would be good to keep an eye open for it... :)

Take caer
John

Phew, no booklet and WWA so I don't need this. :p
I'll stick with my Zavvi pre-order plus the awesome djs1401 & zesty lenticular slip :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: djs1401
So that's:

One to open and watch
One to open but NOT watch (why have the Zavvi version then?)
One to probably sell

Still makes no sense to me to have 3 copies of the same film with the same steelbook.

Well yes you do make a good point there, generally I only get one copy of the movie. But, it's my favourite movie this year so I'm willing to stump up a little more for this one, maybe i won't get the lenticular we'll see, but I like to know I've got something in reserve to sell just incase I need it.

I get what you're saying about more than one copy of the movie etc. but I get the zavvi one because I know that's the one I'll watch and you can pretty much guarantee you're copy. Whereas with the Koreans I like the extras that come with it so that's why I want to get that and tbh if I could stand here and tell you every time I WILL 100% get the Korean one, I wouldn't get the one from zavvi

Reactions: Marina Blue