Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #45) [China]

Apr 5, 2013
Newport, UK
Release date: 1/4 edition only - this month (September)
https://shop.hidefninja.com/product...ay-3d-2d-blufans-1-4-slip?variant=42410166469
Notes: WEA, embossed and full gloss. 2D+3D.
Group Buy: hosted by cooey
1/4 slip - Very limited quantity, to be sold via the HDN store at a random time on September 9
1/4 slip + One Click - HERE
One Click - Ultimate Edition - Lenticular - Full Slip

One Click - $197
Double Lenti - $70
Single Lenti - $65
Full Slip - $64

9a438038gy1fk4thw10cfj22831imk7a.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti0xlc6j22881io4h2.jpg9a438038gy1fk4ti97c79j22851io4ik.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti5e06tj22821inasv-1444x985.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still gonna get a copy of this, but is anyone else a bit underwhelmed with the slips?

One side of the double lenti just looks awful IMO. Looks really badly photoshopped. Just look at baby Groot hovering there in the middle of nowhere.

I might have gone with the single lenti if they didn't put just Drax on the back. Should have been a group shot. These things really are designed for you to buy them all......

And I'm not really a fan if that full slip. Doesn't keep in with the tone of the film IMO.

Just expected a bit more.......

I'm still gonna get a copy of this, but is anyone else a bit underwhelmed with the slips?

One side of the double lenti just looks awful IMO. Looks really badly photoshopped. Just look at baby Groot hovering there in the middle of nowhere.

I might have gone with the single lenti if they didn't put just Drax on the back. Should have been a group shot. These things really are designed for you to buy them all......

And I'm not really a fan if that full slip. Doesn't keep in with the tone of the film IMO.

Well I'm not even scrutinizing these simply because I already ordered the group buy blind.
So blind, I still haven't even seen the movie! :wow:

So I figured once I locked in that the images that followed would be better than what I had seen so far, which was nothing! :LOL:

I'm not criticizing your opinion. I think when it comes to the art on all of this stuff, some people, if not most people, are always going to expect a bit more.

It's kinda the same as reading a book and then going to see the movie it's based on.
Doesn't come out the way you already saw it in your mind.

Double lenti, easy choice. Love the art they chose, though wish the front and back were reversed. It would be cool if Blufans offered a swapped version like they did with the TFA double lenti.

But that’s a minor gripe. Way to go Blufans!

Exactly my first thoughts as i saw the Beauty shots. And I was hoping for some inside print for the Box as Novamedia did with their AoU / GotG 1.
But i know at the end these will look great and i will love them.

Last edited:

I agree about the front of the double lenti but it's still an official poster.
If I remember groot is standing on the title (I think) in the original poster but they have moved the title above now leaving him randomly hovering in mid air.

Would prefer if they switched them with the imax art on the front But hopefully the front lenti looks good and has a good use of 3D but that imax art is what I wanted.
Actually most the slips include art I wanted (imax art, baby groot on rockets shoulders and both images used on the full slip) so it's win win for me.
Drax is a random one on the back of the single lenti but I do like the image used

Last edited:
Double lenti, easy choice. Love the art they chose, though wish the front and back were reversed. It would be cool if Blufans offered a swapped version like they did with the TFA double lenti.

But that’s a minor gripe. Way to go Blufans!

From Kevin @ Blu-ray.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowscythe85
What are the chances of there being an option to have the back artwork on the double lenticular be the side shown, similar to the Rey / Kylo switch on the Force Awakens double lenticular? I ask mainly b/c I like that artwork slightly better if only because it's not the same artwork used on the steelbook itself, like the front is, and I typically only ever see one side since I only open the slip enough to get contents out (leaving wrapping on to protect lenticulars).

Kevin:

Trust me, we are thinking the same, but the studio won't allow the switching.
icon_sad.gif

We will see what we can.
icon_wink.gif

From Kevin @ Blu-ray.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowscythe85
What are the chances of there being an option to have the back artwork on the double lenticular be the side shown, similar to the Rey / Kylo switch on the Force Awakens double lenticular? I ask mainly b/c I like that artwork slightly better if only because it's not the same artwork used on the steelbook itself, like the front is, and I typically only ever see one side since I only open the slip enough to get contents out (leaving wrapping on to protect lenticulars).

Kevin:

Trust me, we are thinking the same, but the studio won't allow the switching.
icon_sad.gif

We will see what we can.
icon_wink.gif

Then there’s hope! Thanks, very helpful post. I’ll have to jump on the other site and post in favor of that second variant.

• Thanks
Reactions: hummels23
I'm not criticizing your opinion. I think when it comes to the art on all of this stuff, some people, if not most people, are always going to expect a bit more.

It's kinda the same as reading a book and then going to see the movie it's based on.
Doesn't come out the way you already saw it in your mind.
I guess it's just that I'm really disappointed in the double lenti. That was the one I was going for. No question. Now, I'm not so sure.

Studios are obviously digging their heels in with permissions and making things awkward.

I'm a little bit confused looking at the images of the boxes.

Why is the steelbook removed from the left side of the box?
I mean isn't the image on the left side really the back of the box?
Even though it's being referred to as the front of the box?

The whole thing seems backwards to me.

9a438038gy1fk4ti0xlc6j22881io4h2-jpg.336897

That's how Blufans do it mate. Someone here told me the reason why, I think it was @Actarus that the Chinese read from the right, hence why the front looks like the back as it's loaded from the left. All of blufans releases are like this.
Used to bother me at first, now I'm used it and it dosent really phase me anymore.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Stygian

Blufans slip boxes (and HDZeta) are backwards. You'll get used to it

What's normally the back is the front and vice versa

• Thanks
That's how Blufans do it mate. Someone here told me they reason why, I think it was @Actarus that the Chinese read from the right, hence why the front looks like the back as it's loaded from the left. All of tgeurecreheases are like this.
Used to bother me at first, now I'm used it and it dosent really phase me anymore.

I always thought that might of been the reason but never asked

I'm with you on this, I'm slightly disappointed too. That double lenti dosent do it for me, both images look too similar to the steelbook front so looks over used.

The fullslip dosent do it for me either.

To me the single lenti is the better option, but I agree, the back could of been a group shot

That's how Blufans do it mate. Someone here told me the reason why, I think it was @Actarus that the Chinese read from the right, hence why the front looks like the back as it's loaded from the left. All of blufans releases are like this.

Thank you for the explanation. I was just looking at the Captain America First Avenger box and I was thinking "they got that one right"

I'm realizing now it's a different company. I keep getting the companies mixed up.
I forgot this is Blufans.

Captain America was Kimchi.

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
Thank you for the explanation. I was just looking at the Captain America First Avenger box and I was thinking "they got that one right"

I'm realizing now it's a different company. I keep getting the companies mixed up.
I forgot this is Blufans.

Captain America was Kimchi.
Although Blufans did do the first one also back in the day, but I think that was only a lenti o-ring if I'm not mistaken.

Just to confuse matters! :LOL:

• Thanks