Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #45) [China]

Apr 5, 2013
Newport, UK
Release date: 1/4 edition only - this month (September)
https://shop.hidefninja.com/product...ay-3d-2d-blufans-1-4-slip?variant=42410166469
Notes: WEA, embossed and full gloss. 2D+3D.
Group Buy: hosted by cooey
1/4 slip - Very limited quantity, to be sold via the HDN store at a random time on September 9
1/4 slip + One Click - HERE
One Click - Ultimate Edition - Lenticular - Full Slip

One Click - $197
Double Lenti - $70
Single Lenti - $65
Full Slip - $64

9a438038gy1fk4thw10cfj22831imk7a.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti0xlc6j22881io4h2.jpg9a438038gy1fk4ti97c79j22851io4ik.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti5e06tj22821inasv-1444x985.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still gonna get a copy of this, but is anyone else a bit underwhelmed with the slips?

One side of the double lenti just looks awful IMO. Looks really badly photoshopped. Just look at baby Groot hovering there in the middle of nowhere.

I might have gone with the single lenti if they didn't put just Drax on the back. Should have been a group shot. These things really are designed for you to buy them all......

And I'm not really a fan if that full slip. Doesn't keep in with the tone of the film IMO.

Just expected a bit more.......

100% agree with you, especially the line you wrote about the front lenti of the UE.
Even though the FS doesn't keep in with the tone of the film so much, I will still try to get this. It's an interesting concept and could turn out great, if Blufans applied the same love as they did with the TFA FS.

A slap in the face of those Blufans haters. They have shown who the big daddy is. Other copycat retailers take a note.

Why the hostility? I read all the posts since the unveiling and no one has been bashing/hating Blufans. Maybe it's something from the past?

Why the hostility? I read all the posts since the unveiling and no one has been bashing/hating Blufans. Maybe it's something from the past?
I think it’s because blufans is THE premium reseller. When the first images of the steel were published some people had a different opinion. Mostly about the back artwork. This hurted a lot of blufans supporters. In their eyes blufans can’t do anything wrong and the rest of the resellers are less and they stick to that opinion even if they know other people with another opinion might be right.
But hey, that hurts!
When you read all the posts you can create the group of persons whose opinions goes hand in hand.

But it doesn’t mean that if you don’t like this blufans edition you don’t like the next one automatically.

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Love it

Called it ages ago that the single lenti should be Like the rocket and groot lenti for vol 1 but reversed.

My only gripe is the front of the double lenti. A) wish it was swapped with the back imax art but as they are both lentis it's cool I suppose and B) it's too similar to the steel art

The full slip is unreal

100% one clicking this

@Noodles @harry @Mickle_89
Oh yes!! :naughty: Thanks for the tag my good man ;):thumbs:

I agree with everyone saying the UE would benefit from a switch of lenti's front/back but I still like very much. The IMAX art is especially awesome :drool::cool: I really like the single lenti but also agree that it's a bit of a strange move just having Drax on the back. Still, imagine that next to Vol 1. Single Lenti ;):hungry: The fullslip... damn! :OMG: I f*cking love that art. That's perfect as is, thank you very much Blufans :drool::kiss: The Box looks good to me but I kinda hoped for a bit more creativity and finesse and also agree with @TheCollector86, take Baby Groot away from the front man :stop: There's enough of him to go round already lol and he's only teeny tiny :p:LOL:

Where are my 1 click ninjas :naughty:

@Mickle_89 @bloodsnake007 :whistle:
Over ere' buddy :woot: Complete package Ninja fyi :naughty::LOL: Knew I wanted a OC so had to be all or nothing in this instance :bag: Didn't want to risk missing out on the OC and not having the privilege of being a VIP General such as yourself ;) I decided to remortgage and One Click this motherf*cker :woot::hilarious:

The single lenti would want to be a significant improvement in sharpness/clarity compared to the Doctor Strange one.

You have mentioned many times about the Doctor Strange Single Lenticular Edition that it is Pixelated and lacks Clarity, but it's really not that bad.
It's actually a Really Nice Edition which I really Love. Yes it could be sharper, but has great depth and nice 3 transitional effect.
It's Not Perfect, but it's not as bad as you make it to be IMO.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
You have mentioned many times about the Doctor Strange Single Lenticular Edition that it is Pixelated and lacks Clarity, but it's really not that bad.
It's actually a Really Nice Edition which I really Love. Yes it could be sharper, but has great depth and nice 3 transitional effect.
It's Not Perfect, but it's not as bad as you make it to be IMO.
It's not bad, no (It's the edition I own) but it's not up to what we know Blufans is capable of.

I don't want to see a trend going forward where they only put the effort into the double lentis and the single lentis sufffer as a result.

Consistency is key here......

*And I've only mentioned it twice. Here, and once on the Doctor Strange thread (where I pointed out I still thought it was a better artwork than the double lenti)

It's not bad, no (It's the edition I own) but it's not up to what we know Blufans is capable of.

I don't want to see a trend going forward where they only put the effort into the double lentis and the single lentis sufffer as a result.

*And I've only mentioned it twice. Here, and once on the Doctor Strange thread (where I pointed out I still thought it was a better artwork than the double lenti)

Not wanting to derail too much, but I think had the Dr Strange single lenti lost the transitions and gone for just 3D depth then it would've looked a load sharper. Going for 3D depth and the 3 piece transition I think something had to suffer, and in this case it was the definition on the characters. I think it's a great lenti though when you think of what actually goes on within it :)

I'm conflicted; prefer the full slip in terms of artwork used, but the double lenti would go hand in hand and look good with the double lenti edition for Vol 1; get a bit OCD about silly things like this, but would set something off in my head owning two very different slips.

Yeah I totally get where you're coming from.

I was definitely on for the double lenti until I saw the artwork. Would've went well with the original double lenti. Now, I don't know what to do.

Hopefully something will give with that horrendous artwork and Blufans comes up trumps for us!!

Also, would be nice to have an idea of what exactly will be embossed on the full slip. If it's just the title then it will be a big let down....... It's got the worst extras though :(

• Thanks
Reactions: Andycadle84

Fair point, thanks for the clarification :thumbs:

Not wanting to derail too much, but I think had the Dr Strange single lenti lost the transitions and gone for just 3D depth then it would've looked a load sharper. Going for 3D depth and the 3 piece transition I think something had to suffer, and in this case it was the definition on the characters. I think it's a great lenti though when you think of what actually goes on within it :)

That makes a lot of sense !

It will almost certainly be the characters that are embossed on the full slip. There isn't really much else to emboss. It will add to the illusion of the characters standing out against the wall, which will look cool I think. As well as the silhouettes.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I'm still gonna get a copy of this, but is anyone else a bit underwhelmed with the slips?

One side of the double lenti just looks awful IMO. Looks really badly photoshopped. Just look at baby Groot hovering there in the middle of nowhere.

I might have gone with the single lenti if they didn't put just Drax on the back. Should have been a group shot. These things really are designed for you to buy them all......

And I'm not really a fan if that full slip. Doesn't keep in with the tone of the film IMO.

Just expected a bit more.......

Yeah I'm with you on this. I've only really had a good look at the double lenti, but yeah it's really really poor that they've basically just reused the steelbook art. I mean what's going on, are they taking slip advice from zavvi or something?! o_O

Yeah I'm with you on this. I've only really had a good look at the double lenti, but yeah it's really really poor that they've basically just reused the steelbook art. I mean what's going on, are they taking slip advice from zavvi or something?! o_O
Lack of permission from the studio seems to be restricting the use of certain artwork/designs.

From what I hear, Disney are notoriously difficult to deal with :(

They managed to pull it off with zootopia but then I suppose it was only the small square with transitional. But it all had 3D depth

I was a bit disappointed with the Romeo and Juliet lenti. The image around the transitional pictures was really flat. I thought the gun was going to have 3D depth

Same

I'm really hoping the rocket and groot lenti is as sharp and has 3D depth like the first one

It will almost certainly be the characters that are embossed on the full slip. There isn't really much else to emboss. It will add to the illusion of the characters standing out against the wall, which will look cool I think. As well as the silhouettes.

That's if the back is also embossed which I hope it is

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
Looks gorgeous (with a pinch of salt)/ Hoping they don't look dark and holo-fail these.

A slap in the face of those Blufans haters. They have shown who the big daddy is. Other copycat retailers take a note.

I hope Kimchi holofoil the hell out one side of the double lenti (you can guess which side)