HMV / Xtra-Vision - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK/Ireland]

This is a general thread to discuss your experiences with this retailer in regards to ordering and receiving Steelbooks. As of 8/29/2013, the site says they are working on improved website.

images

Important:

This store ships UK/IRELAND ONLY.

HMV UK : http://www.xtra-vision.co.uk/Search/Results?term=steelbook
HMV IRE: http://www.xtra-vision.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook OR http://www.hmv.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook

Typical example of packaging:
63qlg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have or know of a list of the HMV exclusive steels? I wanna collect all of them but I don't know if I'm missing any :ohno:

There's a list of all UK released Steelbooks on AVF...Just filter for the HMV ones :scat:

apparently the stores that are closing are having 50% off sales cheap steelbooks :D

When EEK! ;)

Reactions: riddlesNrhymes
I was in one today, and sadly that's not true. MIB3 was £32, and Avengers Assemble £27! There was 10% off selected blu titles, but nothing for 50%! :(

Same here. Croydon was having one but they had very few steels. Had a few beat up Resident Evils but i managed to nab a mint Dark Shadows. It was on show behind the counter, I asked the guy how much. He said 24 but when he scanned it it came up as £15. Its a nice steel and in better nick than the one I already have.

Same here. Croydon was having one but they had very few steels. Had a few beat up Resident Evils but i managed to nab a mint Dark Shadows. It was on show behind the counter, I asked the guy how much. He said 24 but when he scanned it it came up as £15. Its a nice steel and in better nick than the one I already have.

Also got a couple of copies of Dark Shadows (in Uxbridge HMV) today. As you said £24 but these rang up on till as £16.80, still not a bad price. Also quality of Dark Shadows was good as both Res Evil were terrible though.

As an aside, I spoke to one of the guys about the pureHMV card and was told that was linked to the website. However he also said that they hope to have website up again soon, which will be interesting, and then pureHMV points rewads etc can be used. Not holding out any hope though.

More store closures,

The 37 stores that are affected by the latest round of store closures are: Ashford, Basildon, Bolton, Cheltenham, East Kilbride, Enfield, Folkestone, Glasgow Argyle, Gloucester, Grimsby, Hatfield Galleria, Heathrow Terminal 5 - Departure Level, Heathrow Terminal 1, Heathrow Terminal 3, Heathrow Terminal 4, Hemel Hempstead, High Wycombe, Isle of Wight, Lancaster, Leadenhall, Mansfield, Middlesbrough, Newbury, Newcastle Silverlink, Newport, Nuneaton, Redditch, Salisbury, Scarborough, Southport, Stafford, Staines, Stockport, Swindon, Taunton, Torquay and Woking.

Source bbc news

Reactions: Nyvo
Nooooooooo... not the Enfield store! Not after Wood Green was earmarked for closure too! :(

More store closures,

The 37 stores that are affected by the latest round of store closures are: Ashford, Basildon, Bolton, Cheltenham, East Kilbride, Enfield, Folkestone, Glasgow Argyle, Gloucester, Grimsby, Hatfield Galleria, Heathrow Terminal 5 - Departure Level, Heathrow Terminal 1, Heathrow Terminal 3, Heathrow Terminal 4, Hemel Hempstead, High Wycombe, Isle of Wight, Lancaster, Leadenhall, Mansfield, Middlesbrough, Newbury, Newcastle Silverlink, Newport, Nuneaton, Redditch, Salisbury, Scarborough, Southport, Stafford, Staines, Stockport, Swindon, Taunton, Torquay and Woking.

Source bbc news

A lot of the time they'll be looking at when the rent review is due in the shopping centre they're based. Surprised that they're going to close all Heathrow sites (well I presume it's all), and equally Hatfield Galleria.

^ I got one through and thought their website was back up, but no. My e-mail said they are having a new sale from the 18th of March I believe, buy one blue cross item and get another free.

Apparently HMV will be doing 2 for 1 on all blue cross items from Monday and it may be brought forward to this Friday. Posted by MoneySavingExpert in their HMV thread and included on their weeky newsletter that I just received. Not sure what steelbooks will be included or what sort of stock is left at the moment!

the blue cross sale is a bit of a mislead-it seems items they either can't return or get rid of at top whack are only included in the deal-visited the canary wharf branch with a work colleague last week and the items were-sorry to say-not worth buying. before they went under the blue cross sales including all non chart & sale stock which was 80% of the in store stock-sad to see HMV in such dire straits but this has been coming a long time and I empathise with anyone who was let go..

I'm moving to Norwich! Two HMVs both selling more steel than I've seen in the UK before (load of copies of steals I thought were long sold out) AND a little steel book seller in the open air market (mostly open copies but seemed to be in good condition and prices were OK)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2