HMV / Xtra-Vision - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK/Ireland]

This is a general thread to discuss your experiences with this retailer in regards to ordering and receiving Steelbooks. As of 8/29/2013, the site says they are working on improved website.

images

Important:

This store ships UK/IRELAND ONLY.

HMV UK : http://www.xtra-vision.co.uk/Search/Results?term=steelbook
HMV IRE: http://www.xtra-vision.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook OR http://www.hmv.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook

Typical example of packaging:
63qlg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems HMV webpage is up and running again, but only to say they are not under administration anymore. No accounts page is available as of now.

Taken from their FAQ page:

Unfortunately we’re not currently in a position to offer an online shopping service, but we are working hard to bring you a new and improved hmv.com. New digital services and a new website are all in the works. In the meantime hmv.com will keep you up to date on what’s going on, the latest releases, what’s hot and what’s coming up while we get everything ready to come back with a bang later in the year.

Doesn't sound like we will be able to buy direct from the website anytime soon.

Just got this:

You are receiving this email as at some time you have either subscribed to hmv, purchased from hmv or joined Pure, hmv's rewards program and so we wanted to let you know what is happening with the company and thank you for your custom and continued support.

As you are no doubt aware, HMV went into administration on 15 January 2013, however we are pleased to inform you that the company is officially out of administration and we're moving forward with the business.

you don't need to do anything
As an existing customer we'd like to keep in touch and let you know what's happening with hmv. Of course we respect your privacy and if you don't wish to receive emails from us please click here and your details will be removed from our database.

If you have friends or family who you think would like to be kept up-to-date with what's happening, please tell them they can register at hmv.com.

Once again, we'd like to thank you for your continued support.

Kind regards

missed it by (..) that much
i wonder what this means for Zavvi's pricing on steels .. and its apparent cornering of the steelbook market in the UK
will HMV try to regain some of its former glory ...

it just got real

I saw Robocop steelbook in HMV earlier for £15.98 pretty much the same price as zavvi online.

But i did see a copy of the avengers assemble steelbook unw***** for £27.99 :S

I saw Robocop steelbook in HMV earlier for £15.98 pretty much the same price as zavvi online.

But i did see a copy of the avengers assemble steelbook unw***** for £27.99 :S

I saw Avengers too, as well as Jaws for £27, which is particularly extravagant considering Base have it for £15. I really do hope hey can sort their pricing out, and do some more HMV exclusives, it'd be nice to see them compete with Zavvi :)

Probably at least they actually have a website up(not that it's up to much at the moment)
Would be good for them to return to the steelbook game

100% they will get exclusive steelbooks back, they are a huge company. They will be boosted by play shutting down their operations. Even now many people prefer to go to a shop rather than order online. The more competition the better i say :scat:

Reactions: flateric
Just got back with a bundle of avatar's - had about 15 at High wycombe.

Clash of Titans @ £24.99 :/
touch of Evil @ £14.99 - about 10 copies, lots of tears paint chips
Expendables 2 £14.99
Resi evil Afterlife @ 9.99
Hunger Games @ £21.99
Had a few Predators 2/ xmen and so on £16.99

Can't believe some of the stupid pricing at hmv.

Just got back with a bundle of avatar's - had about 15 at High wycombe.

Clash of Titans @ £24.99 :/
touch of Evil @ £14.99 - about 10 copies, lots of tears paint chips
Expendables 2 £14.99
Resi evil Afterlife @ 9.99
Hunger Games @ £21.99
Had a few Predators 2/ xmen and so on £16.99

Can't believe some of the stupid pricing at hmv.

Yeah the prices don't make sense sometimes. Ninja Scroll is 27.99 in my local HMV. Safe House use to be really expensive aswell but saw it for £11 yesterday.

Don't think there were any of the HMV exclusives when I went yesterday, apart from Dark Shadows. Couldn't find it on the shelf but asked at the till and they had one in stock and managed to find it for me. Ended up getting a couple of the horizontal wave for 9.99. They had Robocop and a couple of others from that wave.