HMV / Xtra-Vision - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK/Ireland]

This is a general thread to discuss your experiences with this retailer in regards to ordering and receiving Steelbooks. As of 8/29/2013, the site says they are working on improved website.

images

Important:

This store ships UK/IRELAND ONLY.

HMV UK : http://www.xtra-vision.co.uk/Search/Results?term=steelbook
HMV IRE: http://www.xtra-vision.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook OR http://www.hmv.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook

Typical example of packaging:
63qlg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how HMV manage to sell anything with most of their prices when some of the same titles can be found half the price well else. Then HMV why they are going under.

After receiving my last three steelbooks from HMV UK, in cheap jiffy bags bent and damaged. I cancelled my remaining dozen pre-orders and I'll never buy from them again.

Reactions: SaberTooth
In the past I have always pre-ordered my Steelbooks into my relatively small, local HMV store but this was always a process they advertised for Steelbooks and made sense as I worked in town. I don't work nearby anymore though so I have pre-ordered Looper and Skyfall online and they seem to have stopped advertising to order them in anyway according to some friends. Just hope they turn up ok!

On a side note HMV in Leeds (not where I live) had a few Steelbooks in their sale bit two days ago (Devils Double, Priest, Pirates and Rampart). The pricing on them was all over the place from £8 on DD to £15 I think on Rampart. They were all battered and scratched to pieces too.

Last edited:
HMV having 25% off instore and online sale from Saturday

25% of an absolute fortune is still a fortune. I can see this being as good as other HMV 'sales'. I will be happy to be proved wrong though, would be nice if they did 25% off everything at checkout :scat:

got dredd sent out to me today at the same price as other retailers that's the 1st time in months iv'e used hmv, very rarely do they even match other retailers prices and a lot of their stuff is double the price, its ridiculous and i doubt it will ever change

Popped into hmv on my lunch as I heard about them doing a blue cross sale and an extra 25% off thousands of items..... except they've put their prices up... for instance they had battleship advertised at £20 yday and today it has a blue cross sale logo but a price of £28 now!! Disgusting tactics

They also had dark shadows for £20 yday and today it is £24 advertised with a 25% off logo.

Popped into hmv on my lunch as I heard about them doing a blue cross sale and an extra 25% off thousands of items..... except they've put their prices up... for instance they had battleship advertised at £20 yday and today it has a blue cross sale logo but a price of £28 now!! Disgusting tactics

They also had dark shadows for £20 yday and today it is £24 advertised with a 25% off logo.

I wouldn't expect any better from HMV to be honest, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Checked out the blue cross sale at lunchtime - ridiculous - 80% of the stock had no prices on, so you couldn't work out how much it would be after the 25% discount!

I only wanted one item, but once I'd finally found out how expensive it was to start with I didn't want it - even with the 25% off...

Popped into the High Wycombe HMV store this afternoon...

Found the following on the shelves:

5 x copies of Wraith of the titans
2 x Rise of the Footsoldiers
4 x Dark Shadows
a few Tinker Tailor and other less wanted steels

bloody hell my 2 closest ones are closing, sad day for staff in those stores my brother in law works in one of them stores