Votes: 12 14.5%
  • 16+ years

Votes: 64 77.1%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Share your stats with fellow members and let us know how long you've been a "Gamer". What systems have you owned? Have fun! DB

consoles.jpg

Last edited:
I've been gaming since the first Nintendo 8-bit system came out. Instead of playing outside I was sitting pale inside playing Zelda and Mario Bros.

Reactions: Troll2Fan
Wow some of you make me feel old, some of you make me feel young. For most of my life I've been a diehard pc gamer. Only if the last 6 years or so have i converted to consoles.

Let's see, since I was 5 so 25 years a gamer!

The very first game I remember playing was King's Quest on the IBM PC Jr. My family was not big on spending money, except on computers.So I got into computers at an early age. I've never been a hardcore game, but have enjoyed many of them over the years. Owned a Nintendo, then picked up a Genesis towards the end of its run. I didn't own anything else until the PS2, but much on the in between was during college where we played N64 and Playstation a fair amount (plus PC games). I loved the N64 so much, picked up a used one for cheap many years later. Right now I own a PS3 and even have a Wii for more "family" games. Dating back to the PC Jr days, that's almost 30 years.

I've been gaming as long as I can remember. Ever since original Nintendo came out I remember playing it with my Dad. Ever since then I've had at least one system from every console generation I think in this order.
I've had
Original Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Nintendo 64
PS1
GameCube
Xbox
My brother had a ps2 it was never mine. :)
Xbox 360
Wii
PS3
PS4
Xbox One

I could list my handhelds. :) dang I've had a lot of consoles, wish I would have kept them all. lol my Grandpa also still has an Atari I use to play on sometimes. Makes me feel old. Lol

Last edited:
Good to see some other long time gamers out there as I have been at ~25 years since i was little kid and just going by recollection had virtually every system growing up. Used to be really into it and then since college been more of a hobby with a lot less time dedicated to it, but still a great pleasure when I have the time. Sure I will upgrade to the latest generation but have held off for now as I have such a backlog to get through its crazy.

Old System Growing Up
Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy
Sega: Master System, Genesis, Nomad, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Sony: Playstation, Playstation 2, PSP
Turbo Graphics: Turbo Graphics 16, Turbo Express

And the current ones
PS3 (x2 one being the PS2 backwards compatible)
Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
PS Vita
Nintendo 3ds

I started gaming back on the Atari 2600 when my dad brought it home. I remember we had to hook it up to our 2nd television, which was black and white. It made it very difficult to play Adventure or Circus because you needed color to figure out the keys or balloons... LOL!

Always played in the arcades too every chance I got.

The systems I owned were:

Atari 2600
Texas Instrument
NES - Still have this somewhere, with original Zelda game, box, maps. Used to subscribe to Nintendo Power too.
Gameboy
Sega Genesis and Sega CD - I still this with a bunch of games - still works. Have the original box too.
Turbo Graphix 16
Playstation - this go me through the college years!
PS2
Gamecube
Xbox
Xbox 360

Last edited:
I must have been gaming since I was about 3,on my older brothers atari 2600,commadore 64 & plus 4,but the first console i had was a nes(still have it,as i do most of my old consoles).The next console was a master systems,then a mega drive,snes,PS1,N64,dreamcast,PS2,xbox,xbox 360,PS3,wii,PS4.Ive also had various handhelds down the years,gameboy,gamegear,psp,vita etc.

I currently have/use-

PS3 60GB(upgraded to 500GB).
PS Vita 1000.
PS4.

I should've listed the systems I've owned too.

2nd Gen Consoles
1. Atari 5200
2. Intellivision

3rd Gen Consoles
3. NES

4th Gen Consoles
4. TurboGrafx 16
5. Sega
6. Super NES
7. Sega Genesis

5th Gen Consoles
8. PS1
9. NES 64

6th Gen Consoles
10. PS2
11. Gamecube
12. Xbox

7th Gen Consoles
13. PS3
14. 360
15. Wii

8th Gen Consoles
16. PS4

Played ColecoVision at my best friend's birthday party when we were like 8, I think (which was also the first time I saw Star Wars). Had another friend with an Intelevision system.

My first system was the original Nintendo, then Sega Genesis, then PS2. Haven't owned any system for at least 6 years; occasionally play the Wii at my in-laws with my son :D

I started with the original Nintendo back when I was just a kid. Little did I know that it would still be the greatest console to date. It was the great games like Mario and Megaman that started my love of video games like I'm sure it did for many others.

Need to break out the Refurb Atari 2600 from Best Electronics one of these days. If you don't know about them, they take Atari 2600's and completely refurbish them, and wire them with RCA's, so you don't need that old switch box thing. They bought the Atari warehouse, so they have factory parts. minus the rca's of course.

born in 1983, started gaming when I was probably 5 or 6. My first system was an NES. Fell in love with Excitebike, Blades of Steel, Tecmo Bowl, Mario, Pro Wrestling, Contra, NARC, and just a ton more.

I started playing video games during mid 80s. I kept playing occasionally up until today, but never been a hard core fan. :p