Votes: 12 14.5%
  • 16+ years

Votes: 64 77.1%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Share your stats with fellow members and let us know how long you've been a "Gamer". What systems have you owned? Have fun! DB

consoles.jpg

Last edited:
About 30 years for me.

ZX Spectrum 48k, Spectrum 128k, Sega Master System, Spectrum 128k +2A, Sega MegaDrive, Nintendo Gameboy, Commodore Amiga, Nintendo SNES, N64, Sony Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo GBA, Gamecube, Microsoft Xbox, DS Lite, Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 3.

Not bad. Just have very little time to do some real gaming these days. :(

Gaming timeline: Gameboy (the oldest big ass block version), gameboy advance, n64, Xbox, Xbox 360 (original white design), 2nd Xbox 360 (original white design), mw3 Xbox 360

The mw3 360 is by far the sexiest game console I've ever seen. Plus the sounds!!! Mmmm :hilarious:

Oh and fun fact, first game on gameboy was looney tunes!!! Good stuff.

Uh I think I'm sitting at about 15 years I think. So almost longer than fanofgaming has been alive :p

I've been a Gamer for 23 of my 29 years on Earth! Started with NES and have owned every system on 1st launch day except Turbo Graphic 16! Im now retired, after finishing God of War 3 (with Platinum Throphy) and every Gears of War (with Seriously) I decided to back away! But Im very close to putting on the 45 and coming back in the game because of this...
[media=youtube]xMjYA1cLOLk[/media]&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLCiLMrpjcmWV7giPV4hy7gw
Best game dialogue EVER!

Last edited by a moderator:
I started playing on the Commodore 64 and then moved on to nes,snes,ps1,ns64 and then i got into PC gaming and ps3 when that finally came out.

I think my interest in gaming started when my older sister got an Amiga for Christmas one year... I was on it more than her lol. From there I went down the console route... Sega Master System, Super Nintendo (SNES), Playstation, N64, Dreamcast, Xbox, PS2, PS3 to name a few. Also had a number of handhelds over the years as well, my first being a Gameboy which I absolutely loved! Can't really get on with handhelds these days though lol. PC gaming has played a big part too! But to answer the question... I've roughly been gaming for around 20 years I reckon.

Last edited:
Reactions: tridon
For about 25 years.

Started off with:

Commodore 64------->NES----------->MegaDrive (awesome!)/SNES--------->PS1/NES (disappointment)--------->PS2--------->PS3---------->PS4 in the future :)

about 27 years. started with celco and atari, also did a little commodore 64. Then nes changed everything and made me a hardcore gamer. missed super nes and went the sega route with genesis , then onto playstation where i currently spend all my gaming hours. tho just recently i have come into the world of steelbook collecting, love those metal cases so nice, but also so expensive on ebay

Hard to say, my sisters had a sega megadrive when I was a one year old. They didn't play it after christmas day and it was in my room for as long as I can remember! Easily in the 16+ I was a bit behind my time - played what my cousins had been into a few years after they did so frogger was one ;)

others were:

Sega Megadrive
Nes
Gameboy
N64
PS2 replaced for XBOX when stolen..
..regretted this and now me and my PS3 are very happy together :)

16+ years here. In 1990, my Papa (grandfather) and Nannie (grandmother) returned home from their winter vacation in Arizona with a NES. My Papa said it was his, but he was going to leave it at my parents' house for the grandkids to play. My sister never cared much for it, but my brother and I were quickly hooked. Along with the console, my Papa purchased a Big Foot game (the monster truck, not the legend) and then, of course, it came with the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt combo pack. We played those over and over and over again. Of course, before the NES, I also played arcade and pinball games, but that console was what got me really hooked. I played casually while my brother was hardcore. My parents bought us a SNES and then eventually bought my brother a N64. They also bought me a Game Boy in 1992. In 1998, I purchased a PlayStation with my own money after stumbling on to info about Metal Gear Solid. I've been a Sony fanboy ever since (though I also purchased a GameCube, Xbox and Dreamcast along the way). :scat:

Reactions: Drum18
Think must be 20+ years when the Commodore 64 was my first chance with gaming and didn't get into console gaming till several years after having a Mega Drive and then an SNES passed onto me.

i had never really thought about this until i had to use it in one of my class papers.But , come to find out I've been gaming since i was four years old! And I'm twenty five now.Time sure does fly when your having fun.

I think the changes in my life are marked by the change in gaming machines.

In the 70s my parents had one of those Telstar consoles with the light gun. I vaguely remember playing it as a kid.

Then in the 80s I came home from school one day to find my mum playing Olympic Skier on a Commodore 64. I'll never forget that day. The look on my mum's face as she tried to make the blocky bloke ski faster.

Then came the Amiga 500, and after that I bought an Amiga CD32 (yeah I was the one). Eventually I moved onto the PSX, then after I moved to the USA I bought a PS2, then an Xbox, and now I have an xbox 360.

I'm not sure if I'll bother with the next gen, as I don't play as many games as I did.

I've been playing as far as my memory goes. Remember I was a little child and playing my Atari 2600 with daddy and my older brother. I just can't remember when we got our Master System. Then we moved on to Phantom System, then Snes, then PSX, PS2 and PS3.