Is KOSM a scammer?!?!

larson1977

Premium Supporter
*** V I P ***
Mar 9, 2016
The Netherlands
MOD UPDATE - turns out King of Steel Media (@Kosm aka Matt) is most likely a scammer to some extent, so I urge people not to purchase from him. If you've been unfortunate enough to have done so already, then please make a claim through your bank/Paypal ASAP!

Hi All,

As I see more and more complaints about this reseller and have a issue myself with this guy, I was wondering what's going on, I ordered some 'in stock' items back in November;
Screenshot_20240403_111703_Shop.jpg

...And now still waiting for the refund as I wad done waiting and especially when this fella informed a couple weeks back that the OC of Tenet was NOT even in his possession. WTF?!?! And now I get these mails regarding these custom releases he's releasing himself...
How is it even possible if you cannot even manage forwarding 'in hand' items...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry @Kosm, but your continued lack of communication has run me dry of patience and I'm now left with no choice but to open a dispute through my bank. I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt because of the crappy situation you were left in by Manta, but the fact you clearly have the time to promote your other stuff on socials whilst choosing to ignore people with concerns about past orders really doesn't sit well with me.

If you don't share an update and start issuing refunds for those of us still in the dark within the next 24 hours, then I will be reminding @Wreck of the situation and your GB permissions at HDN (which you previously requested through myself before I regrettably referred you to John) will no doubt be reconsidered, as will your membership here.

Sorry @Kosm, but your continued lack of communication has run me dry of patience and I'm now left with no choice but to open a dispute through my bank. I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt because of the crappy situation you were left in by Manta, but the fact you clearly have the time to promote your other stuff on socials whilst choosing to ignore people with concerns about past orders really doesn't sit well with me.

If you don't share an update and start issuing refunds for those of us still in the dark within the next 24 hours, then I will be reminding @Wreck of the situation and your GB permissions at HDN (which you previously requested through myself before I regrettably referred you to John) will no doubt be reconsidered, as will your membership here.
This is beyond crazy....
Sorry to all for opening this Box of Pandora but apperantly my feeling was right when opening this topic...

The sheer arrogance of this guy is staggering..

'I'll ignore the customers waiting for updates and refunds, however, in the meantime I'll request funding for my projects I have in the pipeline'...

Forgive my language, which hopefully won't be edited by the mods, but this guy is just scum...
Scum is putting it lightly at this point.

Have to laugh... no sooner had I opened a dispute, I received an automated email from him about the opening of his new webstore :LOL:

@Kosm Is clearly making no effort to defend himself here or via customer updates...
I know we're all being very critical but what are we supposed to think??
you're not telling me he isn't aware of the comments being posted here so he clearly has no intention of coming forward and defending himself or his shoddy customer service...

Reactions: milky and Noodles
@Kosm Is clearly making no effort to defend himself here or via customer updates...
I know we're all being very critical but what are we supposed to think??
you're not telling me he isn't aware of the comments being posted here so he clearly has no intention of coming forward and defending himself or his shoddy customer service...
Even when he has responded in here he's not been the slightest bit helpful by the looks of it... some of his responses come across as quite snarky IMO. People are obviously frustrated and he's done nothing to reassure any of us.

I both emailed and Facebook messaged regards 2 separate issues but received no reply. I then opened a Paypal dispute and again no reply. I finally had to raise the dispute and Paypal took over.
Thankfully Paypal refunded me on both accounts.

All while this was going on, I'm seeing nothing but group buy and new website promoting from KOSM. It was infuriating.

Never again will I purchase from this person.

Just a quick update and word of warning, since I know not everyone visits the General Chat section of the forums so maybe won't have seen the current situation he's left many of us in.

Member @Kosm still owes people a refund for their cancelled Mantalab editions, which he announced through his private FB group back on April 24. Since then there's been radio silence from Matt and he simply ignores all queries.

I warn everyone not to do business with him, regardless of how desperate you are for a particular edition (as I was). And certainly don't fund any of his fund me "projects" or new webstore that he keeps pushing.

If anyone wishes to discuss this further, then please do so here - https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/is-kosm-a-scammer.121540
I went through PayPal and got my refund. Sent the guy a nice email on the 5/5 and he left me hanging. Anyone still waiting on a refund, go to bank/paypal and make a claim, if PayPal don't forget to escalate it or it'll close automatically. Like you said noodles, he's not issuing them and is ignoring customers, we've given him plenty of time already, stick a claim in guys.

I put in a couple orders with him a few months ago, and though there was no communication of when they would be sent, one of them did finally arrive safely a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately I still have hundreds of pounds sat with him but with everything that's happened and this newest update saying 'you will not be able to access previous order records', I'm pretty worried about it to say the least. Thank goodness I saved the confirmation email.

I just came across this thread and sorry for everyone dealing with this nonsense. But seriously, if you paid with PayPal then immediately open a dispute or a fraud or item(s) never received charge back if you used a credit card. I know from experience with Film Arena (and some other charge backs I've had to file) that - if you are a US consumer, at least - it's not a bad thing for you if PayPal or your card provider get no response because they will end up refunding your money. But don't hang around and wait for someone you think is acting unethically to respond.

Reading through the thread and it sounds a bit like perhaps over time this evolved into almost like a Ponzi scheme (I'll assume unintentionally) in that lots of money was collected, evidently spent on other things, then no longer available to refund when Manta Lab pulled the plug and people demanded back their money.

I both emailed and Facebook messaged regards 2 separate issues but received no reply. I then opened a Paypal dispute and again no reply. I finally had to raise the dispute and Paypal took over.
Thankfully Paypal refunded me on both accounts.

All while this was going on, I'm seeing nothing but group buy and new website promoting from KOSM. It was infuriating.

Never again will I purchase from this person.
I went through PayPal and got my refund. Sent the guy a nice email on the 5/5 and he left me hanging. Anyone still waiting on a refund, go to bank/paypal and make a claim, if PayPal don't forget to escalate it or it'll close automatically. Like you said noodles, he's not issuing them and is ignoring customers, we've given him plenty of time already, stick a claim in guys.
I paid by debit card unfortunately, so it's a bit of a tricker/longer process than Paypal and something I've never actually had to do before. Glad to hear you both eventually got your money back though!

Not great to see so many others have been experiencing the same issues. Obviously wish I'd knew sooner! Makes me wonder how his PP hasn't been banned if so many are opening claims with him.

Reactions: milky and leelee17
I put in a couple orders with him a few months ago, and though there was no communication of when they would be sent, one of them did finally arrive safely a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately I still have hundreds of pounds sat with him but with everything that's happened and this newest update saying 'you will not be able to access previous order records', I'm pretty worried about it to say the least. Thank goodness I saved the confirmation email.
For your sake I really hope he follows through and you get what you ordered at some point. But after seeing so many others now coming out of the woodwork who've received the same treatment as myself, I honestly wouldn't hang about and would be requesting refunds sooner rather than later. Like you said yourself, that latest email about us no longer having access to previous orders is very concerning and an instant red flag!

Reading through the thread and it sounds a bit like perhaps over time this evolved into almost like a Ponzi scheme (I'll assume unintentionally) in that lots of money was collected, evidently spent on other things, then no longer available to refund when Manta Lab pulled the plug and people demanded back their money.

That's exactly how I see it. This all reminds me of a guy on bluray.com that ripped a bunch of people off, cudzndrips. They're collecting all this money and spending it with no plan in place if something goes wrong. That guy even has a pretty popular Youtube channel where he goes by BigPauly. While people were trying to get their money back, he'd be on Youtube making new videos showing off all the new movies he bought. And he's still there making new videos without a care in the world, but if you mention anything about all the money he stole your comment will immediately be deleted. Even though I was never personally affected by him, it's the main reason I've never trusted Group Buys.

Like JGC said, if he owes you money, don't wait any longer. File that claim as soon as possible. It's only going to get harder to get your money back the longer you wait.

That's exactly how I see it. This all reminds me of a guy on bluray.com that ripped a bunch of people off, cudzndrips. They're collecting all this money and spending it with no plan in place if something goes wrong. That guy even has a pretty popular Youtube channel where he goes by BigPauly. While people were trying to get their money back, he'd be on Youtube making new videos showing off all the new movies he bought. And he's still there making new videos without a care in the world, but if you mention anything about all the money he stole your comment will immediately be deleted. Even though I was never personally affected by him, it's the main reason I've never trusted Group Buys.

Like JGC said, if he owes you money, don't wait any longer. File that claim as soon as possible. It's only going to get harder to get your money back the longer you wait.

Is there anyone who's still waiting for their money back from that fat slug?

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo