Is KOSM a scammer?!?!

larson1977

Premium Supporter
*** V I P ***
Mar 9, 2016
The Netherlands
MOD UPDATE - turns out King of Steel Media (@Kosm aka Matt) is most likely a scammer to some extent, so I urge people not to purchase from him. If you've been unfortunate enough to have done so already, then please make a claim through your bank/Paypal ASAP!

Hi All,

As I see more and more complaints about this reseller and have a issue myself with this guy, I was wondering what's going on, I ordered some 'in stock' items back in November;
Screenshot_20240403_111703_Shop.jpg

...And now still waiting for the refund as I wad done waiting and especially when this fella informed a couple weeks back that the OC of Tenet was NOT even in his possession. WTF?!?! And now I get these mails regarding these custom releases he's releasing himself...
How is it even possible if you cannot even manage forwarding 'in hand' items...

Last edited by a moderator:
All while this was going on, I'm seeing nothing but group buy and new website promoting from KOSM. It was infuriating.
I was waiting for the new website, thinking it would have the order history, but it doesn't.
Meanwhile he's launching new preorders for custom releases, and when I asked about refunds for MantaLab stuff there (some Spaces app), he referred to KOSM, and wrote that 'this is for KC Designs', as if he's not one and only same guy. :facepalm:

I never considered @Kosm to be a scammer...
However he does nothing to make me think otherwise.
He also does nothing to make me think he's not an absolute C##T to be honest.
Where are you, #kosm? You're clearly aware of what's being posted here but You're choosing to hide yourself away like the coward you are..
What a w##ker!!!

Reactions: yeslek and milky
I was waiting for the new website, thinking it would have the order history, but it doesn't.
Meanwhile he's launching new preorders for custom releases, and when I asked about refunds for MantaLab stuff there (some Spaces app), he referred to KOSM, and wrote that 'this is for KC Designs', as if he's not one and only same guy. :facepalm:
Dude, for real?? That's just utter douche time there.

Bombastically uncool for that to go down. All these issues, actually. So much apathy going down. Shameful.

Reactions: yeslek
Or a raffle for Noodles refund :cautious:
will refund you your 50 bucks if you participate in my raffle and win..
entry is 7,50 and at least 10 ppl have to participate

Edit: thanks @Noodles for participating. Who else wants to win a 50 EUR refund?
Edit2: thanks @hatredhorror
Edit3: thanks @tha_lunatic
1. Noodles
2. hatredhorror
3. tha_lunatic
4. tha_lunatic
5. tha_lunatic

Last edited:
Where did you see that? Im still waiting for King Kong UHD Club from him...
I've not seen it myself (was mentioned to me in a PM), but it's in his new private Facebook group which I won't link here for obvious reasons.

I'd put a claim in for your money back at this point... he's clearly just trying to rack up as much money as possible without actually delivering any goods.

Reactions: milky and leelee17
I've not seen it myself (was mentioned to me in a PM), but it's in his new private Facebook group which I won't link here for obvious reasons.

I'd put a claim in for your money back at this point... he's clearly just trying to rack up as much money as possible without actually delivering any goods.
Problem is that the 6 months to Claim money back via PayPal have passed already. So there isnt much that I can do anymore...

Ive also ordered one mediabook of Salems Lot by cinemuseum from him. I reveived an email 2 weeks ago that shipping would start soon and I would reveive tracking information in another mail, but nothing happened yet. And now he has relaunched his website without any products to buy on it.

Reactions: milky and leelee17
Problem is that the 6 months to Claim money back via PayPal have passed already. So there isnt much that I can do anymore...

Ive also ordered one mediabook of Salems Lot by cinemuseum from him. I reveived an email 2 weeks ago that shipping would start soon and I would reveive tracking information in another mail, but nothing happened yet. And now he has relaunched his website without any products to buy on it.
Bye bye money....

Still give it a go bud. I was left waiting for over a year for a 1/6 figure once but still got my money back through Paypal. At this point I imagine quite a few people will have opened claims against him, so PP will no doubt already be aware that he's dodgy and hopefully have no issue with refunding you. He seems to like making false promises to stall things longer anyway, so even if you have to explain that to them, then it's worth giving it a try!

Still give it a go bud. I was left waiting for over a year for a 1/6 figure once but still got my money back through Paypal. At this point I imagine quite a few people will have opened claims against him, so PP will no doubt already be aware that he's dodgy and hopefully have no issue with refunding you. He seems to like making false promises to stall things longer anyway, so even if you have to explain that to them, then it's worth giving it a try!
Still looks like that a lot of ppl dont know about the issues with KOSM. Maybe you should move the thread into the Steelbook section for visibility

Still looks like that a lot of ppl dont know about the issues with KOSM. Maybe you should move the thread into the Steelbook section for visibility
I'm still coming across people today that aren't aware their Manta orders have been cancelled and they're owed refunds, which isn't too surprising considering Matt only ever made one post about it through his private FB group which is now closed.

I would be tempted to move the thread but it's not really my decision to make... another Mod already moved some posts from the AP thread into here by the looks of it. I brought it up again with Wreck earlier anyway, so will see what he says regarding the situation.

I still have some hope that atleast the cinemuseum order will be shipped since I got that Email about shipping starting soon. I never received such an email for the UHD Club order.

It appears my dispute was successful as the money has now been refunded into my account. The bank never even contacted me to follow up my claims, which says a lot lol.

@Kosm's GB hosting privileges at HDN have also been revoked fyi, so if you previously joined any of them and are still awaiting your item(s), probably best to make a claim through Paypal.