Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: June 9th 2015
Purchase: BestBuy.ca
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18

Notes: This one is a huge deal! Something that hasn't been done in North America in many years. (fox studio in steelbook for NA)

kings.jpg

From 3D display:
01.jpg 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You bought 50 Shades? :censored::p
But yea I'm just gonna return them. One of them actually has couple of tiny dings on the front.

you bet your a$$ I did, 2 copies :p

I'll wait to receive my second copy and see what the deal is, if this one is damaged also will return both,

but returning for just a slash am I being over OCD, the rest is all perfect ?

you bet your a$$ I did, 2 copies :p

I'll wait to receive my second copy and see what the deal is, if this one is damaged also will return both,

but returning for just a slash am I being over OCD, the rest is all perfect ?
Yea 3rd one is good. Those 2 were copies I picked up for some friends. I'm not sure how OCD they are but once I saw it, I cant ignore it. One of them has small dings like I mention before, the second copy has a vertical slash all the way at the top of the spine where the 20th Fox logo is :confused: plus its underneath the shrink wrap. So on both of these occasions, I cant blame BestBuy. Its a manufacturing fault. Poor handling on this steel from all the posts I'm seeing.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Yea 3rd one is good. Those 2 were copies I picked up for some friends. I'm not sure how OCD they are but once I saw it, I cant ignore it. One of them has small dings like I mention before, the second copy has a vertical slash all the way at the top of the spine where the 20th Fox logo is :confused: plus its underneath the shrink wrap. So on both of these occasions, I cant blame BestBuy. Its a manufacturing fault. Poor handling on this steel from all the posts I'm seeing.

Yes I understand me too I feel same way... but glad that the 3rd copy is ok :) that gives me hope for my second copy :emb:

Reactions: AlienKing
Add 2 more damaged copies to the list :facepalm::banghead:
I received today my replacements for my damaged copies... once again, 1/3 had the slashed spine. But once again, some were in the wrap and some under it.

This release is cursed...
it's too bad as it looks good...:(
Let's hope this doesn't stop Fox from continuing...

Reactions: rj531
@AlienKing @Drum18

ok so I received my new order today, and no spine Slash spine is Perfect, no scratches, no dings or dents, only thing I see is back of steel, there is a faint straight line looks some kind of faint discolouration that goes across the steel... I don't think I feel for going for a 3rd purchase, I think I will keep that one even with that imperfection on the back...

I will return the one with the spine slash though... swapped the disks as the new steel disk had fingerprints on the design part of the disk and didn't feel like trying to clean them up, the disk in old steel, this one was perfect... so I think I am making the best of it, so will return the spine slash one...QUESTION though, since I ripped off the shrink wrap, do we need to bring the shrink wrap also because it has some stickes on it or just go with invoice and steel+ j-card ?

@AlienKing @Drum18

ok so I received my new order today, and no spine Slash spine is Perfect, no scratches, no dings or dents, only thing I see is back of steel, there is a faint straight line looks some kind of faint discolouration that goes across the steel... I don't think I feel for going for a 3rd purchase, I think I will keep that one even with that imperfection on the back...

I will return the one with the spine slash though... swapped the disks as the new steel disk had fingerprints on the design part of the disk and didn't feel like trying to clean them up, the disk in old steel, this one was perfect... so I think I am making the best of it, so will return the spine slash one...QUESTION though, since I ripped off the shrink wrap, do we need to bring the shrink wrap also because it has some stickes on it or just go with invoice and steel+ j-card ?
That sucks to hear about the back. But no need to take the shrink wrap. Normally you cant return once you open the shrink wrap, so make sure you tell them the reason for returning is damaged copy, not anything else.

Reactions: Actarus
Seems to be some quality control problems with this release, that's a pity. I think I'll stick with the FA release, I know the GB hosts work hard at getting the best condition ones. I'm still surprised there is no UK release for this movie.

Yes but this one has Dolby Atmos reason why I am keeping it and know for sure this version is Uncensored so despite the small imperfection the the back, it is worth keeping...

even though I don 't have surround sound at my Place :rofl: lmao keeping it for the future maybe one day I'll have a surround sound system.

Been to Vancouver. Camloops. Sunwapta/Jasper. Edmonton. Redeer. Calgary. Banff. Revelstoke. Kelowna. Raided all best buys/futureshops en route lol . Bought around 8 steels. ;)

None left for you guys....

Didnt bother with spongebob..

I'm in the airport now heading back to uk
How dare you come to our country and raid our stores! :mad: :rofl:
On a serious note, hope you enjoyed your stay :thumbs: have a safe journey back :)

Anyways ,back on topic :ohno: sorry mods.

ok so I finally watched it Uncesored @AlienKing @Apollon so no more talking about any of that (which I tired myself with this :hilarious:) ... it was nice to see it all Uncensored all jokes in it, very nice and entertaining ! I actually hadn't realised how obsessed I had become with that lol yes I know @Apollon :bag: