Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 4) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 10, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - One Click - Pre-order on February 3 at 8 PM (HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $38.99 (Individual Editions) - $155.96 (One Click)
Notes: 2500 numbered copies, for both domestic and international markets. Orders limited to 2 Copies for Single Edition and 1 Set for One Click.
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv

16298867_1282901405153298_2686812020018062175_n.jpg 16266259_1282901401819965_5090072158226925119_n.jpg 16265780_1282902025153236_1193039865573921223_n.jpg 16195508_1282901435153295_1660599155664106368_n.jpg 16174745_1282901321819973_8770947196031108265_n.jpg 16114016_1282901331819972_5827585758419610361_n.jpg
Full Slip A: Numbered 301 to 600
Full Slip B: Numbered 301 to 700
Lenticular Full Slip: Numbered 301 to 900
Lenticular Magnet Quarter Slip (with One Click Only): Numbered 1 to 400
One Click: Numbered 1 to 400

Goodies:

- Full sized Glossy Booklet, Photo Card(5ea), Character Card(7ea) Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker(Faux Leather with Gold Foil Stamping) + Exclusive Lenticular Sticker + Spec Sheet
5. Effects
- Full Slip A: Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Spot Gold Foil + Embossing
- Full Slip B: Glossy Logo Pattern background + Spot Glossy + Spot Gold Foil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip(PET) - Full Sided Lenticular Full Slip with 3D+Depth and Color changing spine
- Lenticular Magnet Quarter Slip - 3D+Depth Lenticular (Frame Size) + Spot Gold Foil + Glossy + Embossing
- Leather Box - High Quality Faux Leather + Gold Foil Logo Stamping + Black Velvet finish inside + Magnet Door
IMG_0777.JPG
16300024_1284063521703753_1924971369273890317_o.jpg

Last edited:
Umm you forgot Kimchi, arguably the best of the bunch

Kimchi are my favourite retailer but I personally wouldn't say arguably the best of that bunch, they are defo up there with nova, blufans and Zeta but kimchi have had some awful lentis in the past.

They are getting much better though and currently seem to be on a roll.
But it's mostly kimchis earlier releases that weren't great for example the pianist, dallas buyers club, her (sometimes I love it and sometimes it drives me crazy) and let the right one in but then memento is one of their best and that was early so it's swings and roundabouts with them. Hateful eight didn't look great from what I saw too and that was only last year.
But lately their Zootopia, dory, incredibles, spotlight and it follows - swimming pool version have been great (IMO)

If I were to rate in order I would say:

1. Nova
2. Blufans
3. Kimchi - sometimes on par with the above
4. Zeta
5. Manta
6. PA (I only own 1 PA lenti (master) and 1 manta Lenti (Constantine) with another on its way so it's hard for me to really comment on them)
7. FAC - by far the worst (their speciality seems to be full slips)

Also with everything blu on the horizon I think they will smash FAC and possibly be on par with Zeta/ manta

Kimchi are my favourite retailer but I personally wouldn't say arguably the best of that bunch, they are defo up there with nova, blufans and Zeta but kimchi have had some awful lentis in the past.

They are getting much better though and currently seem to be on a roll.
But it's mostly kimchis earlier releases that weren't great for example the pianist, dallas buyers club, her (sometimes I love it and sometimes it drives me crazy) and let the right one in but then memento is one of their best and that was early so it's swings and roundabouts with them. Hateful eight didn't look great from what I saw too and that was only last year.
But lately their Zootopia, dory, incredibles, spotlight and it follows - swimming pool version have been great (IMO)

If I were to rate in order I would say:

1. Nova
2. Blufans
3. Kimchi - sometimes on par with the above
4. Zeta
5. Manta
6. PA (I only own 1 PA lenti (master) and 1 manta Lenti (Constantine) with another on its way so it's hard for me to really comment on them)
7. FAC - by far the worst (their speciality seems to be full slips)

Also with everything blu on the horizon I think they will smash FAC and possibly be on par with Zeta/ manta
Nailed it man! Kimchidvd have released 4/5 of my favourite lenticulars. Not a lot comes close to Tangled or memento but Kimchidvd are so hit or miss.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry and Flloydo
Maybe you should say the same about FAC and their small hardboxes.

Yes they do need improvement, I find that the major Problem are the Numbering Cards being shrink wrapped tight within the HB and possibly indenting on the other edition...but All Boxset should have something to protect the editions from rubbing against the other editions within the Box.

Received my boxset and loving it!! Really made well by manta labs. the only problem I have is I have unsealed one of the full slips and the little black exclusive sticker is starting to tear when trying to take off shrink wrap (HDzeta comes to mind with that) so was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with that?

So far, Manta lenticulars have been average to good. They are not in the same league as Nova or Blufans or HDZeta when it comes to Lenticulars.
Manta's Constantine and Revenant are both excellent (I don't own the rest).
Kimchi are definitely kings of lenticulars IMO, well, the last 10 releases at least. I can't fault any of them. Tony and team definitely know what they're doing.
Nova are great, but use too many transitions that make the left or right extremes have messed up features on faces especially. Nothing that I'd whole-heartedly complain about though.
Blufans and HDZeta are both good when they do 3D lenticulars however half of the time they boost the brightness and contrast too much

Manta's Constantine and Revenant are both excellent (I don't own the rest).
Kimchi are definitely kings of lenticulars IMO, well, the last 10 releases at least. I can't fault any of them. Tony and team definitely know what they're doing.
Nova are great, but use too many transitions that make the left or right extremes have messed up features on faces especially. Nothing that I'd whole-heartedly complain about though.
Blufans and HDZeta are both good when they do 3D lenticulars however half of the time they boost the brightness and contrast too much

Agree. They are good Lenticulars but overall I think Kimchi are front runners when it comes to overall packaging. They are clearly a cut above the rest followed by Nova (for their Full Slips), and Blufans for their Lenticulars.

This morning the postman dropped off a package from Hong Kong from a certain "Lab"... to my surprise, two beautiful Full Slips were safely packed inside. :giggle:

km1.jpg km2.jpg
km3.jpg km4.jpg
km5.jpg km6.jpg
km7.jpg

Beautiful, most beautiful! I've yet to decide which of the two I'm going to open. I think I'll go for the white one (FS B), because it matches the steelbook so well.

As @misformatt already explained it, the "white hat on white background issue" isn't as bad as it seemed earlier. In fact, it looks pretty cool :thumbs:

Edit: The only issue I have with this release is that they didn't sell that 1/4 Slip Steelbook separately.

:naughty: Are you saying what im thinking :smuggrin:
:whistle: Maybe :giggle::LOL:
Yeah I also prefer bulkier thicker slips/ lenti slips and yeah also a sucker for textures even though the majority of my premiums are lentis but still the full slips I do own are because I either preferred the image to the lenti and/ or photos of the slip textures and finishes won me over (for instance facs Ted 2 flash editon wowed me so I had to get it - still can't believe that wasn't nominated in the full slip category)

I was also let down by the original full slip beauty shots and although I wasn't massively impressed with the lenti and I was dissaponted they were using a PET knowing it would be thinner than usual and less sturdy I still went for it because it was different - I was interested to see how a lenti would work on a PET, but like you say different Isn't always better.

I genuinely wasn't impressed with the design for the revenant leather slip when they released beauty shots even though before we see the images I was emailing them asking them to sell it seperately because originally it was only for the one click. I was annoyed it was the WWA steel art on brown faux leather

It does look a bit better in the actual pics from members and I would possibly consider it if I see it for a decent price but I'm still not won over by it and I'm still convinced people love it because it is different and not because of the actual design (that's just my opinion so please I can't be bothered with people telling me I'm wrong lol)
Although the inside looks nice, warm and soft ;):LOL:

And I'm still not digging the art chosen for the full slips, yeah the photos are nice and the finishes on both especially the White slip are amazing detail but I'm still not sold by the actual art. Again just my opinion
so it was a tough choice this time around and my instinct chose lenti regardless of my dissapointment of knowing it would be thinner than usual and the material used, and I love a PET as you know but only really as a cool extra to put around a titleless WWA art.

But the rest of the package won me over so hopefully when I get it I do love the lenti, and the back is a nice surprise even if it's not a great standard of lenti like you and Missformat are saying and I suppose the spine and rest is part of the gimmick so I really hope I'm happy with it

Maybe it will arrive tomorrow if guys and gals from the uk are already getting theirs. I'll let you know what I think
I've now took pics of my lenti and SteelBook and have actually warmed to it a bit more than my first impressions buddy :happy: The colour changing spine is pretty cool and the package as a whole is very sweet :joy: I still think I would've preferred a typical Lenticular Fullslip with improved clarity/depth as we come to expect buying premium and with the addition of texture/finish/bossing etc to the rest of the slip but alas, we'd probably be without the colour changing spine, so... I'll just be happy with what I've got I think :D Or failing that, a Blufans-style double sided-lenti! :hungry::hungry: Well now I'm just dreaming :LOL::sleep:

Anyhow, has yours not arrived yet? :sorry:

(P.S. I do really like that 1/4 slip though :naughty:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
...the only problem I have is I have unsealed one of the full slips and the little black exclusive sticker is starting to tear when trying to take off shrink wrap (HDzeta comes to mind with that) so was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with that?
Mine was exactly the same buddy. I tried the hairdryer technique but to no avail so just carefully removed the faux leather sticker and the adhesive patch from the back. I then applied a strip of double sided sticky tape and hey presto :D We're back in business :LOL: Strange though, as my Revenant Leather slip sticker removed easily and adhesive stayed intact :confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: reisspsy
:whistle: Maybe :giggle::LOL:

I've now took pics of my lenti and SteelBook and have actually warmed to it a bit more than my first impressions buddy :happy: The colour changing spine is pretty cool and the package as a whole is very sweet :joy: I still think I would've preferred a typical Lenticular Fullslip with improved clarity/depth as we come to expect buying premium and with the addition of texture/finish/bossing etc to the rest of the slip but alas, we'd probably be without the colour changing spine, so... I'll just be happy with what I've got I think :D Or failing that, a Blufans-style double sided-lenti! :hungry::hungry: Well now I'm just dreaming :LOL::sleep:

Anyhow, has yours not arrived yet? :sorry:

(P.S. I do really like that 1/4 slipthough :naughty:)

Very nice pics mate

The steel is just beautiful. Classy bossing and the best steel I've seen this year so far

Also I'm always a bit annoyed at the images manta use for the art cards but I think they have nailed it this time around and the same with the book (sounds silly I know but it's how I feel and nova do the same - pick the wrong images IMO for the art cards)

Nah nothing today :(

So many uk ninjas have theirs and mine was sent the same day/ time

No biggie, I can wait. Hopefully next week