Leon (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #6) [Korea]

Which artwork candidate would convince you to buy?

• Artwork Candidate #1

Votes: 233 56.4%
  • Artwork Candidate #2

Votes: 180 43.6%

• Total voters

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 8th, 2014
Price: 34.99$
Buy link:
1/4 slip (limited to 500): here (sold-out)
Full slip (limited to 1500): here (sold-out)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

1/4 slip:
1389862142221743.jpg

Full slip:
13898620213161.jpg

Posted artwork:
1387613246796809.jpg

Live pic

Packaging detail
- numbered plastic card
- artcard
- 6x photo card
- booklet

Attachments

• 0925??_??????_????.jpg
    0925??_??????_????.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 768
  • 01-artwork.jpg
    01-artwork.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 687
  • 02-quarter.jpg
    02-quarter.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 666
  • 03-full.jpg
    03-full.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 633
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 594
Last edited by a moderator:
I would like something more artistic and unique tbh. I'll probably never finish this, but this would be the front art I would use:

2hykp69.jpg
2yuy23s.jpg

This is definitely something I'd prefer. The original art for this film is a bit lacking when it comes to a nice steelbook, especially if it will be something special.

Reactions: ABjerg
I would like something more artistic and unique tbh. I'll probably never finish this, but this would be the front art I would use:
2hykp69.jpg

2yuy23s.jpg

Only problem with things like that, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like it's off deviantart or similar so it's someones artwork and not the studios so getting permission to use it would no doubt be a nightmare :(

Anyway decided to get some better screen grabs and did a few more interiors, think that will be it from me for now until we hear from Choi or Tony to see what they actually want ;)

I've got the house to myself so I'm going to watch my DE version now at HIGH VOLUME :hilarious:

51f_21cb6c_5bf37dd2_oJ.jpg.thumb

521_21cb6a_e13c524_oJ.jpg.thumb

520_21cb6b_2d34256_oJ.jpg.thumb

Last edited:
Only problem with things like that, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like it's off deviantart or similar so it's someones artwork and not the studios so getting permission to use it would no doubt be a nightmare :(

^^You're probably right, yes.

520_21cb6b_2d34256_oJ.jpg.thumb
And that^^would be my pick for the inside art! I tried to do it myself but I suck. :(

That last artwork looks all muddy, I perfer her holding the teddy bear as back art.

Flooding the Asian market. This is dooming the end of blu ray steelbook collecting.

The "market" was always doomed to be flooded, everyone wants to make money. As the crowd grows so will the options. I collect not because the items are rare but because I enjoy the packaging for movies I enjoy.

Reactions: movieknight

2hykp69.jpg

Now that Kimchi is releasing this exclusive, I would love to see this art as well. It's different from all the releases plus if they really want to put his face on the steelbook, let it be at the back, as then we can have the best of both worlds :scat:

Hope they listen ;)

So no news how limited these new releases will be. I hope for Kimchi's sake its not over 1K. For these random titles it would make no sense either to make a special 500 like for LGB..

2hykp69.jpg
2yuy23s.jpg

Sorry but I guess I have to be the one to point out that this cover (while cool and "artsy") does not capture or represent the movie well at all.

This movie is about Leon and Matilda, not guns.