Leon (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #6) [Korea]

Which artwork candidate would convince you to buy?

• Artwork Candidate #1

Votes: 233 56.4%
  • Artwork Candidate #2

Votes: 180 43.6%

• Total voters

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 8th, 2014
Price: 34.99$
Buy link:
1/4 slip (limited to 500): here (sold-out)
Full slip (limited to 1500): here (sold-out)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

1/4 slip:
1389862142221743.jpg

Full slip:
13898620213161.jpg

Posted artwork:
1387613246796809.jpg

Live pic

Packaging detail
- numbered plastic card
- artcard
- 6x photo card
- booklet

Attachments

• 0925??_??????_????.jpg
    0925??_??????_????.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 770
  • 01-artwork.jpg
    01-artwork.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 688
  • 02-quarter.jpg
    02-quarter.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 668
  • 03-full.jpg
    03-full.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 634
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 595
Last edited by a moderator:
I like it because it's unique and a great piece of art. I tried to create a back art to match this but it's not that simple (for me it isn't). The buildings in the background are based on the popular photo of Leon but are drawn digitally as well as Leon and Mathilda partially I think.

@Choi
If you don't get this from the studio and you or your designer colleges are interested in it, here's the link where I got it from. I know it could be hard the create a background for this but I think as a front artwork it wasn't seen anywhere. :)

http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/017/Video/7e/a9/2d/mzi.ltsuvqet.jpg

Source: iTunes Store Switzerland

I quite like the existing US cover art:

5157rrvvhxL._SY300_.jpg

Remove the photo, trim out the billing bar and versions line, move the title up and away from the graphic a bit, deboss the white objects, solid high gloss background... now that'd be classy.

My favourite art is still the original VHS/DVD cover from USA/Canada.

51Z8CYM7J2L._SY300_.jpg

I don't really care what it looks like in the end. I'll DEFINITELY buy this! :D

I quite like the existing US cover art:

5157rrvvhxL._SY300_.jpg

Remove the photo, trim out the billing bar and versions line, move the title up and away from the graphic a bit, deboss the white objects, solid high gloss background... now that'd be classy.

Yep, classy, symbolic and high quality. This would be my vote.

The movie selection at Kimchidvd is, in my opinion, better that Blufans.

This is my all time favorite film. This will also be the 2nd Luc Besson film getting the exclusive treatment from Kimchi....Is there a pattern here....The Fifth Element, District 13, maybe?

This will also be the 2nd Luc Besson film getting the exclusive treatment from Kimchi....Is there a pattern here....The Fifth Element, District 13, maybe?

I'd prefer it if KimchiDVD went with the missing link between Le Grand Bleu (1988) & Léon (1994) :

u8n8VR.jpg

Nikita (1990) :) : an action drama written and directed by Luc Besson, starring Anne Parillaud as Nikita, with Jean-Luc Anglade, Tchéky Karyo and Jeanne Moreau co-starring.

YmQfnq.png

In this film, Jean Reno plays a small part as Victor, "le nettoyeur", a professional assassin ;).

6XWfMb.png

Regarding Léon, I found other posters that could make for some nice art on the steelbook :) :

YeyQfK.jpg

bBYnNx.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
There's a pattern, but I'd prefer it if Kimch go with the missing link between Le Grand Bleu (1988) and Léon (1994) :

u8n8VR.jpg

Nikita (1990) :).

YmQfnq.png

In this film, Jean Reno plays a small part as Victor, an assassin ;).

6XWfMb.png

Regarding Léon, I found other posters that could make for some nice art on the steelbook :) :

YeyQfK.jpg

bBYnNx.jpg

How could I forget Nikita, another great great film.

True. Even though the color combination and design is quite nice but with a little more editing and different shades and with a balanced combination of all the previous artworks (submitted by the members), the Leon steelbook can be one of a kind :scat:

The artwork of Leon has a lot of potential given the different elements. Now we only need to see how much does Kimchi exploit it, though you can never make everyone happy ;)

Reactions: alvoi
Too many "blackish" steelbooks already, especially those from Zavvi. I prefer steelbooks to have shimmering colors, or extraordinary design that makes steelbook stand out from amaray cases. Futureshop's Inception comes to mind.

I think an open briefcase featuring Leon's weaponry on the cover would be interesting.