Leon (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #6) [Korea]

Which artwork candidate would convince you to buy?

• Artwork Candidate #1

Votes: 233 56.4%
  • Artwork Candidate #2

Votes: 180 43.6%

• Total voters

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 8th, 2014
Price: 34.99$
Buy link:
1/4 slip (limited to 500): here (sold-out)
Full slip (limited to 1500): here (sold-out)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

1/4 slip:
1389862142221743.jpg

Full slip:
13898620213161.jpg

Posted artwork:
1387613246796809.jpg

Live pic

Packaging detail
- numbered plastic card
- artcard
- 6x photo card
- booklet

Attachments

• 0925??_??????_????.jpg
    0925??_??????_????.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 766
  • 01-artwork.jpg
    01-artwork.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 682
  • 02-quarter.jpg
    02-quarter.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 664
  • 03-full.jpg
    03-full.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 630
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 591
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with custom charges. But the handling charges that's why we pay postage for it to be handled and delivered. It's one big con :angry:

I have no problem with paying a few extra quid when I've got a good deal. I buy clothing from the states all the time because the brands I like are expensive here and can be a quarter of the price it is here if you know where to go at the right time. If you order $200 of stuff and end up with a £30 bill, even with handling charges it's fine. But on a £20-30 steelbook, that £8 is ridiculous.

I have no problem with paying a few extra quid when I've got a good deal. I buy clothing from the states all the time because the brands I like are expensive here and can be a quarter of the price it is here if you know where to go at the right time. If you order $200 of stuff and end up with a £30 bill, even with handling charges it's fine. But on a £20-30 steelbook, that £8 is ridiculous.
Because I chose EMS Shipping the parcel is handled by parcelforce & their charges are £13.50 which has gone up ,it used to be £12.00. If you chose k-packet it's £8.00 Royal Mail fees. It's crazy that it's been in customs for nearly a week for the sake of £5.70.
Be warned if you choose EMS shipping & it gets hit by customs parcelforce will charge you £13.50

Reactions: earthscope
I don't mind paying the VAT. But that £13.50 Handling Fee is daylight robbery....EEK!

Their really being an :ass: with that charge!!!!

I wish you could pay the vat upfront like Amazon.us, Japan.....That way you avoid getting shafted by Royal Mail, PF...

Reactions: Travis Bickle
Hi,
All these problems with the customs are therefore because there is no original invoice at the package almost every packet without invoice is controlled.
Choi maybe you can discuss that with Toni maybe it brings improvement.
2b3a1acee34c47149f5c0263a13ce6709.jpg

This is not a invoice but only a costums declaration and customs wants an original invoice on the package.
Many thanks greetings from France. :D

My full slip arrived with a messed up corner, it looks to have been done when it was put into the clear plastic case, anyone know how they usually handle these things? Maybe I can just live with it....I dunno...

Hi,
All these problems with the customs are therefore because there is no original invoice at the package almost every packet without invoice is controlled.

This is not a invoice but only a costums declaration and customs wants an original invoice on the package.

i already wrote an E-Mail to Tony regarding this but got no reply.The Original invoice has to be at the outside of the Package-at least for German Customs
otherwise get`s hit by them:(

Reactions: kaamelott
Hi,

i already wrote an E-Mail to Tony regarding this but got no reply.The Original invoice has to be at the outside of the Package-at least for German Customs

If KimchiDVD would change were they put the original invoice, I hope it could be specific to the destination country.

In Finland, you wouldn't need the invoice outside the parcel, nor would I want it there, regardless of the total value on the invoice.

Both Full and Quarter slip are now soldout!!

Value has got nowhere to go now but UP. Glad I got my order in last week. :D

I have a couple of full-slips in my thread, if anyone's interested? Not trading, just saying. I had 2 pre-orders for Leon with Kimchi and requested one be cancelled. They said they did, but they didn't. So I have extras.

Not only for the German customs my friend all packets without are not Ok for customs (worldwide)

Well, with all the parcels I've ever received from Amazon US, Barnes & Noble, Yesasia, K-Steelbook, K2DVD, KimchiDVD, etc., I've never had an invoice outside the parcel, just the CN22 form (or a packing list with prices with Amazon US). Sometimes not even that, B & N is especially "bad" in that respect.

I can appreciate that customs organizations have different rules and regulations in different countries, but having just CN22 form on the package is perfectly enough for me. And I have no need to "advertise" the details of what is inside the package :naughty:

Finland customs, as a rule, don't require an individual to produce an invoice for each shipment coming from outside EU (a company as a recipient would most likely be different).

Of course, they may require one to produce invoice or other credible documentation, if they suspect that the value is something else than what is on the CN22 form. The last time I've had to do that was probably a decade or two ago...

Of course this could change any day, as the legislation within EU becomes more and more uniform :dunno:

Reactions: psychoscot
£19.20 charges! Could have actually bought this cheaper on eBay and have received it quicker! :angry:

I don't think thats fair to say because the customs game is not Kimchi's fault. They are more friendly than most other retailers in allowing customization of invoice. If you get hit at the border thats just your bad luck. I agree the charges are outrageous, but you're rolling the dice. If you had won and come out without customs charges you'd be extatic because you got the steel at cost instead of paying ebay markup prices.

Reactions: ran94
I don't think thats fair to say because the customs game is not Kimchi's fault. They are more friendly than most other retailers in allowing customization of invoice. If you get hit at the border thats just your bad luck. I agree the charges are outrageous, but you're rolling the dice. If you had won and come out without customs charges you'd be extatic because you got the steel at cost instead of paying ebay markup prices.

Oh course it is fair to say! Its a basic fact I could have bought this for not much more than cost and avoided all customs problems, from an established reputable eBay steelbook seller, Kimchi still make their money as the seller bought it from them.

Was also told point blank today by my local postman that while they do do spot checks, there are also postcodes within the UK that will always get hit because they are rich area's and they know the bill will be paid without question. I live in one of those postcodes. Customs will always make sure I get billed. They also knew full well what was in the box cost more than what I stated and could have actually charged me more so I got off lightly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Travis Bickle
The Original invoice has to be at the outside of the Package-at least for German Customs

I am not convinced this is true.

I never had to pay customs for a Kimchi K-Paket. Their customs declaration should be enough.

Zavvi also has no original invoice on the outside of their packages.

When I sell steelbooks to non-EU countries I also only have to use a customs declaration about the value.

Mine's finally arrived at Dublin airport at 11.30 this morning. I'm able to track it on the An Post website now also.

Still no sign of Thor 2 which was despatched 5 DAYS before this though!! :ohno:

I have a couple of full-slips in my thread, if anyone's interested? Not trading, just saying. I had 2 pre-orders for Leon with Kimchi and requested one be cancelled. They said they did, but they didn't. So I have extras.
Hi Get in touch with Spass as he might be interested as both his steels arrived damaged & Tony has offered him two empty steels which to me is poor because it's now sold out.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

My full slip arrived with a messed up corner, it looks to have been done when it was put into the clear plastic case, anyone know how they usually handle these things? Maybe I can just live with it....I dunno...
You can get in touch with Tony but it's now sold out so can't see much happening

So, received 1/4 slip last week no customs. Just picked up full slip and had to pay customs. Both with same in invoice and info on box. Look of the draw. Risk you take !
The only thing that gets to me is the post office charges Grrrr

So, received 1/4 slip last week no customs. Just picked up full slip and had to pay customs. Both with same in invoice and info on box. Look of the draw. Risk you take !
The only thing that gets to me is the post office charges Grrrr

Do you mind me asking what info was displayed on both boxes??