Lionsgate wave - Nov 24th, 2013 (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Which title (s) of this wave will you get?

• ALL OF THEM!!! :rock:

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Apocalypse Now

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Hero

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • Highlander

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Kill Bill Vol. 1

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Kill Bill Vol. 2

• Pulp Fiction

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Rambo: First Blood

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Sin City

• Stargate

Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Terminator 2

• Total Recall

• None of them! :(

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • I already have the Amazon.ca edition!

• Apocalypse Now

• Hero

• Highlander

• Kill Bill Vol. 1

• Kill Bill Vol. 2

• Pulp Fiction

• Sin City

• Stargate

• Terminator 2

• Total Recall

• Apocalypse Now

• Hero

• Highlander

• Kill Bill Vol. 1

• Kill Bill Vol. 2

• Pulp Fiction

• Sin City

• Stargate

• Terminator 2

• Total Recall

• Total voters

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: November 24th, 2013 (Date TBC)
Price: $14.99 each

Titles:
Apocalypse Now (Inside art)
First Blood TBC (NO inside art)
Hero (Inside art)
Highlander (NO inside art)
Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Inside art)
Kill Bill Vol. 2 (Inside art)
Pulp Fiction (Inside art)
Sin City (Inside art)
Stargate (NO inside art)
Terminator 2 (NO inside art)
Total Recall (NO inside art)
* With or Without Inside art is from the Amazon.ca Exclusive wave. This info has still yet to be confirmed for the Best Buy editions.

From Amazon.ca Exclusive wave:
41kCBmDTTxL._AA160_.jpg
51PgtMSs0mL._AA160_.jpg
516xNyk9AaL._AA160_.jpg
41a7pfWcmxL._AA160_.jpg

41HFFhAXnNL._AA160_.jpg
41Zbh36aSlL._AA160_.jpg
41XUzHlIh7L._AA160_.jpg
517FMT3BJBL._AA160_.jpg

41UtFk5kcOL._AA160_.jpg
51CHmAz9A4L._AA160_.jpg
41dNw6YfrUL._AA160_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, i was able to pick up hero and sin city friday. surprised that they were gloss. my bby also got more stock of snow white and the huntsman, les mis, had all the fast and furious steels, and safe house. Is safe house a re-release? it was g2.

also... if you search "steelbook" on the bby website, you get some weird results:
a-team steelbook- release 9/17/2013
oldboy steelbook - release 11/5/2013
foxy brown
ghost busters
edward scissor hands
man with the iron fists
man of steel- release 12/10/2013
kick ass 2 - release 12/17/2013

these all have/had 2013 release dates, but we've never seen them. Were they canned steels? Or is there a new wave coming?

Last edited:
Passed on the Canadian wave. No go on the US wave either. Would rather keep the amarays than splash money on waves no matter how cheap they are.

Apologies if this has already been answered but can anyone please confirm if this wave has inside artwork? Might consider importing a few of these if so, but studios seems to be lazy when it comes to inside artwork on recent waves (Warner Bros. being the prime example).

My store had these out with the F&F & WB wave steels. Also saw a couple surprises. I saw a G2 Safe House and a replenishment of Les Mis and Snow White Huntsman.

Apologies if this has already been answered but can anyone please confirm if this wave has inside artwork? Might consider importing a few of these if so, but studios seems to be lazy when it comes to inside artwork on recent waves (Warner Bros. being the prime example).

Posted in the OP at the top of the page (for the CA versions anyway)... most likely the same for bby.

Reactions: funky pill
Did anybody else go to BB to get these today. Picked up Kill Bills, Hero, Sin City, and Stargate. Display looked identical to the pic posted before. No First Blood tho :(. Why is that one left out?

Did anybody else go to BB to get these today. Picked up Kill Bills, Hero, Sin City, and Stargate. Display looked identical to the pic posted before. No First Blood tho :(. Why is that one left out?

Same here, No First Blood :dunno: Looks like we wait or we get the CA version

I got both the Kill Bills along with all the Fast and Furious steels...love the first Kill Bill with the gold front/back and black spine. Looks awesome. Was iffy on purchasing any of the others, although I did like that they were all gloss. Also...don't know if it was my Best Buy or what...but when I got home and unwrapped all of mine...a few had a slash in the middle of the spine...not that noticeable or horrible but still tiny paint missing. What in the world causes this....is it when they opened the boxes? or what?

Is anyone having any luck with the BB steels, NOT having ANY damage?

So far, every single one I bought (all of them, except First Blood), has missing paint chips, is dinged or scratches throughout.

Kill Bill - Volume 1 has a big ol' black splotch on the bottom left of the front cover (is that normal?), that looks rather out of place.

Last edited:
Do these have inside artwork?

Top o' the page:

Apocalypse Now (Inside art)
First Blood TBC (NO inside art)
Hero (Inside art)
Highlander (NO inside art)
Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Inside art)
Kill Bill Vol. 2 (Inside art)
Pulp Fiction (Inside art)
Sin City (Inside art)
Stargate (NO inside art)
Terminator 2 (NO inside art)
Total Recall (NO inside art)

Tough choices for me I want all these but man I just can't go out and buy 18 steelbooks all at once (between these and the Fast and the Furious ones and some I missed that are now back in store like goodfellas). So I grabbed Sin City because I am starting with movies I want digital copies of to watch on my lunch (love that these all come with digital copies unlike the WB lines). I am thinking Highlander or kill bills next or total recall or terminator 2 so many choices.

I grabbed 2 fast and the furious movies too 3 and 4 (as I had 5 figured I could work my way backwords plus we rewatched all the fast and furious movies except 3 when 6 came out so I wanted the digital copy of it).

Going to grab one more of these tonight or tomorrow I think. Wish my best buy coupons would kick in have $40 worth of them when they do.

Ok which ones have digital copies? I was buying them in the order I wanted a digital copy got highlander and no uv copy so bummed.