Lionsgate wave - Nov 24th, 2013 (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Which title (s) of this wave will you get?

• ALL OF THEM!!! :rock:

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Apocalypse Now

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Hero

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • Highlander

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Kill Bill Vol. 1

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Kill Bill Vol. 2

• Pulp Fiction

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Rambo: First Blood

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Sin City

• Stargate

Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Terminator 2

• Total Recall

• None of them! :(

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • I already have the Amazon.ca edition!

• Apocalypse Now

• Hero

• Highlander

• Kill Bill Vol. 1

• Kill Bill Vol. 2

• Pulp Fiction

• Sin City

• Stargate

• Terminator 2

• Total Recall

• Apocalypse Now

• Hero

• Highlander

• Kill Bill Vol. 1

• Kill Bill Vol. 2

• Pulp Fiction

• Sin City

• Stargate

• Terminator 2

• Total Recall

• Total voters

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: November 24th, 2013 (Date TBC)
Price: $14.99 each

Titles:
Apocalypse Now (Inside art)
First Blood TBC (NO inside art)
Hero (Inside art)
Highlander (NO inside art)
Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Inside art)
Kill Bill Vol. 2 (Inside art)
Pulp Fiction (Inside art)
Sin City (Inside art)
Stargate (NO inside art)
Terminator 2 (NO inside art)
Total Recall (NO inside art)
* With or Without Inside art is from the Amazon.ca Exclusive wave. This info has still yet to be confirmed for the Best Buy editions.

From Amazon.ca Exclusive wave:
41kCBmDTTxL._AA160_.jpg
51PgtMSs0mL._AA160_.jpg
516xNyk9AaL._AA160_.jpg
41a7pfWcmxL._AA160_.jpg

41HFFhAXnNL._AA160_.jpg
41Zbh36aSlL._AA160_.jpg
41XUzHlIh7L._AA160_.jpg
517FMT3BJBL._AA160_.jpg

41UtFk5kcOL._AA160_.jpg
51CHmAz9A4L._AA160_.jpg
41dNw6YfrUL._AA160_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I snagged Total Recall and Stargate. I would have snagged First Blood but the Best Buy I went to on Wednesday night was totally sold out of it. They still had plenty of that ****** T2 though. It looks even worse in person than I thought it would so I picked it up and instantly put it back.

I got my $40 in reward coupons so I got kill bill volume 2 (weird I know but I had a digital copy of 1 already so now my next one will be volume 1) and two of the fast and furious ones. I decided to try and complete that set first because I don't want to get burned with an incomplete set and worst case scenario on these I get them off amazon.ca.

I think I did awesome for Black Friday 6 steelbooks and I spent $14 :)

I snagged Total Recall and Stargate. I would have snagged First Blood but the Best Buy I went to on Wednesday night was totally sold out of it. They still had plenty of that ****** T2 though. It looks even worse in person than I thought it would so I picked it up and instantly put it back.

So are you positive there was a spot/sign label for First Blood steelbook. My store doesnt even have a spot for it as well as the pics Ive seen of other stores. I just assumed thats the only steelbook that BB didn't get of the wave.

Yea my store doesn't have a spot for it, i am pretty sure that movie doesn't exist in this wave. Then again it could be like the Matrix from the last wave where no stores seemed to get it and then it just popped up with this wave.

No First Blood at the Best Buy I went to either ;).

I'm so glad that Best Buy got this Canadian wave and that coincidentally I had access to a Best Buy this Thanksgiving weekend :) — there are a couple BBs in Memphis but not easily accessible if you don't have a car, whereas getting around on foot in Washington is a lot easier :p.

On Friday, I picked up the four I wanted and that I had told myself I wouldn't get, because I didn't want to order on amazon.ca due to horrific tales of huge taxes and damaged products.

Luckily, Best Buy was here, so here goes, for $63.40 (taxes included) I purchased :scat: :

QO4vCC.jpg

H8ceT5.jpg

Quentin Tarantino Presents Hero, Sin City with Special Guest Director Quentin Tarantino, Kill Bill Volume I and Kill Bill Volume II. You won't be surprised if I tell you I like Tarantino's films :D.

I already had the Kill Bill films on Blu-ray but not in steelbook format, so I guess I just spent $31.70 purely for the cases... I'm sick :( :D. Now I need steelbooks for Death Proof, Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction (the Best Buy one for PF didn't look good, and Zavvi's exclusive for RD seems lame too, I'll wait for better ones).

Before going to the airport today, I had a sudden panic attack, as I thought perhaps the TSA wouldn't let me get that much steel with me on the plane :rofl: (I had only brought a backpack that was going to stay with me, no suitcase). It went alright though, they didn' say nothin' :cool:.

Hero's back art is truly gorgeous, and Sin City is pretty awesome too, love the Jessica Alba cover and all this gloss :drool:. Kill Bill I & II are a step below, but overall these are good matte steels.

Last edited:
That's good to see, I hope they replenish stock for all of these soon, I've had a hell of a time finding any around here that aren't beat up leftovers.

I haven't even seen a spot for it it both the best buys i was at, wonder if its a regional thing. No bother for me as i probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway.

I think it must be like the Matrix from the last wave that barely made an appearance in any stores then popped up again in this wave.

I just went to 6 Best Buys and no trace of First Blood SB and only one store had the amaray. I really wanna know whats up with this steelbook haha.

Success! Finally found First Blood. This time I gave the employee the sku#: 2945684 and they told me which stores had them and I went and picked it up. So these are sparsely sprinkled throughout the stores in Usa appearantly. Rare right now but they might bring a ton out later.

All I have left to get is Hero, and of course Rambo since it never hit my store.

Wonder if I can get them to price match me all the $9.99's for these as I payed $15 for all of mine except Apocalypse now that I bought for my own stocking stuffer this week. They did that for me for the Fast and the Furious movies even though it took a half an hour. Problem is I think I used a lot of reward coupons on these.

Anybody order steels from bestbuy.com? How's the shipping? Envelope or box? Im planning to just get three of them.

My store for some reason has refused to restock these steels all week and keep telling me they dont exist even when I see they have them for instore pickup.

I also have an instore pickup that they still haven't filled. So I might just have to order them before the price goes back up.

Thanks!

^
Total crap shoot. You are better off ordering several at one time to increase the likelihood that they will ship them in a box. If you order one or just a couple it will likely come in at best a bubble envelope or inside a tyvek bag with no padding at all. I stopped getting steelbooks shipped from them after the third one showed up damaged inside a bag without padding.