Attachments

• hsfhbL0.jpg
    hsfhbL0.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 679
  • mjDDscy.jpg
    mjDDscy.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by a moderator:
This Steelbook is similar to the film for me, something of a let down unfortunately. Was expecting more just like the movie.

Last edited:
Do Canadian Target stores ever get any of the target exclusives from the US? I really like the artwork for this, and picking it up locally would be so much cheaper.

Not for Ender's Game, but The Wolf of Wall Street is at Walmart Canada, so there's hope.

Too bad Target Canada wouldn't step up for all of them though. It would give me a reason to go there for the 2nd time ever.

Fantastic movie about the will to survive under extreme circumstances. Based on Marcus Luttrell's book "Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of Seal Team 10".

If you haven't read the book or seen the movie I suggest you do.

This is a must buy for me and most USA members. 2014 is a great year to be a US ninja!! :oohyeah:

Last edited:
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
This is a great movie, but that printed back sucks, almost as bad as all the German and Italian one's Ninja's are always slatting. :hilarious:

Two things :

— Awesome news ! This film was begging for a steelbook, which I was waiting for as I couldn't catch Lone Survivor in theaters, and it's one of these cases where I have a good feeling I'll love the film, as long as it's not overly patriotic, God bless, USA #1 and whatnot, but it doesn't look like it, it got great reviews and I love Peter Berg's previous works — Friday Night Lights and The Kingdom (that one needs a steelbook too), not Battleship.

— This artwork has many flaws preventing it from being great:

1 - Not a fan of "Based on true acts of courage", this could be on the J-card. I tolerate "Based on a true story" if it has a very tiny font, but here it's front and center, it's too specific a sentence and it's subjective.

2 - Also, I don't want a critic's blurb on a steelbook, that's good for amarays of small/critically acclaimed films. If someone pays a premium price for the steelbook edition they don't need to be convinced on the quality of the film (or in this case how it celebrates warriors).

3 - Not really digging that they've written "Mark Wahlberg" above the title. I don't mind that for directors (e.g: Robert Rodriguez's Machete Kills works fine for me, and it sorts of suits this type of film imo), and I get that it's because he's an A-lister that he needs to have his name above the title (Tom Cruise comes to mind) but in this particular case I can't help but see "Mark Wahlberg, lone survivor", and it doesn't work :D (at least separate his name and the title with a thick line or something, like what they did on Captain Phillips).

4 - Literally 50% of the back is covered with credits, that's just bad. Again, that's what a J-card is for.

So I hope it's not the final artwork, simple changes can make this a whole lot better. If it is the final artwork, then I hope the UK/France/Germany come up with something better.

Reactions: kaworu nagisa
Its a must buy, havent see it. Too much Text^ I Agree! That's what the ugly j-card is for....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Finally watched this yesterday and really enjoyed it. Going to sit nicely next to my Black Hawk Down steelbook

Yeah, I thought this movie was EPIC! Not your usual "war movie". Had something new to offer. Plus, it was VERY powerful and VERY moving!!! Great film, and it DEFINITELY deserves a good steel treatment. Hoping for something glossy with some kind of embossing/debossing :scat:

We don't have this movie in Turkey yet. (Hoping to see it). But IMDB score is great! I think Mark Wahlberg fits great in this kind of action films. Shooter is my favorite btw :)