M2202653.gif

Other pics:

:oohyeah: :oohyeah: :oohyeah:

Attachments

• M2202653_1.jpg
    M2202653_1.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 343
Last edited by a moderator:
Why the heck wouldn't they deboss it for the magnet? Such a let down, thoe a nice suprise to see the artwork underneath, I think it will set this release apart from the rest. Someone needs to deboss it by hand :-D

Reactions: steelbook95060
Can you fit the magnet inside the Steelbook front cover?

I would imagine you can but it does seem to defeat the object IMO, that's what is supposed to make this stand apart from an ordinary steelbook. That's why this really should have been debossed.

yes! I have these on hand....delivered today...what a big let down...first of all no borders to hold the lenticular card in the middle...so some of them are on the side...
BUT since it does not have a strong magnet you can actually "push" some of them to position! ...so if you are opening it then it is okey but if you are keeping it sealed...no dice...I am actually "centering" them now as I type this! hehehe!

Last edited:
I thinkit looks pretty good. Would have been nice if it was debossed so that the lenticular card could fit in there instead of just being randomly placed on the steelbook.

I really liked the movie so I think I'm gonna get the HMV one as well.
Will wait and see how the french one turns out before I make a deciscion on that one.
But I might end up getting 3 editions of this movie. :D

I actually like it. It would have been a killer release if it was debossed and featured back artwork. Glad I joined Drums' GB to own this bad boy. Thankfully we didn't get any paint chip nonsense.

EDIT: No glue was used to hold the data sheet. :LOL:

Reactions: Drum18
Really disappointed it is not debossed. The ad had me believe that it would have raised borders around the edges (like Iron Man or Thor) and the lenticular sticker/magnet would reside in the center so the overall steelbook cover would be flat.

Beautiful color, nice artwork, but I feel that the pictures of how the steelbook would be, were deceiving on this one.

Just my two cents but probably wouldn't spend more than $27 on this one. However, this has nothing to do with the GB, it is just a sentiment about where I value this release.
Which unfortunately for those overseas inflates to $50+. Again nothing against the GB here. Just pissed at FS as to why they would release pictures that look different from the final release.

:(

Hopefully the movie lives up to the hype...

Guys.... I had a GREAT SURPRISE today when the mail man rang and delivered "some" for my GB.

Here's some REAL pictures of the beast!!!
This looks BADASS!!! It is G2. The lenticular is a MAGNET exactly like the German edition except no embossing/debossing.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the Group Buy, Marc, this is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :oohyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
STUNNING!

The best thing about this steelbook is that the front actually has it's own unique artwork under the magnet. Superb inside art and a glossy finish makes this one a real beauty.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Is is really nice release,but I wont be able to see film due film being locked. Well I am still glad I joined GB even if I would have to buy HMV version or French one in March

it really a bummer that the lenticular magnet isn't inset, but, i think the artwork and glossy finish looks great! i am happy with just the steelbook itself. the lenticular magnet might just end up on my refrigerator;)

i can't wait to get my copies from drum18's GB.

Some guy on eBay has these. It looks really poor.
SWndn.jpg

Maybe they should have had a look at what Media Markt have been doing all year.

Well, all-in-all not a bad looking steelbook (when opened or magnet re-centered). But I think the most disappointing part is that it was first described as "it is a new and special Steelbook that will blow your minds...". First of all, it's not new, since we've seen this from Media Market, and better executed. And definitely not mind-blowing either. We've seen lenticular cards/magnets for years now.
I went into the GB blind based on this statement......and obviously not the only one disappointed due to this.

But again, not a bad looking "average" steelbook.

Well, all-in-all not a bad looking steelbook (when opened or magnet re-centered). But I think the most disappointing part is that it was first described as "it is a new and special Steelbook that will blow your minds...". First of all, it's not new, since we've seen this from Media Market, and better executed. And definitely not mind-blowing either. We've seen lenticular cards/magnets for years now.

New to Canada.. It's no different saying that really than saying "exclusive" for the Dark knight rises or other steelbooks.