Metropolis (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2012
Release date: January 19th, 2015
Price: £29.99
Purchase link: Amazon UK

image.jpg

More info:

[Limited to 4000 copies worldwide] with additional extras, as part of their award-winning The Masters of Cinema Series on 19 January 2015.

Eureka! Entertainment
have announced the release of Fritz Lang’s, Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Edition, the mother of all sci-fi films and a major influence on Ridley Scott (Blade Runner), George Lucas (Star Wars), and pop culture in general (referenced by Madonna, Beyonce and countless others) will be re-released in a 2-disc Blu-ray set in brand new SteelBook packaging, now featuring Giorgio Moroder presents: Metropolis and a 45-min documentary exploring the film’s rediscovery. Limited to just 4000 units worldwide and including an opportunity with every SteelBook to win a unique bespoke Metropolis engraved solid gold bar, Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Editionwill be released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series on 19 January 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how many of these they actually printed. There are more than 4000.
What makes you think that
Its limited to 4,000

Its not a release to sell out mega fast

4,000 is a lot of steelbooks to sell for a release like this it will take time as its not a modern film that would be purchased by lot of the younger generation although there would be some of the younger who would appreciate its importance to film history

What makes you think that
Its limited to 4,000

Its not a release to sell out mega fast

4,000 is a lot of steelbooks to sell for a release like this it will take time as its not a modern film that would be purchased by lot of the younger generation although there would be some of the younger who would appreciate its importance to film history
Well, blu-steel evidently received #4189 so either there are more than 4000, or they've given them random numbers.

Houston, we might have a problem. I agree with blu, there should be no numbers higher than what is claimed to be printed. How else can one prove only that amount was printed? I've never heard of such a numbering process as"randomly assigned" numbering lol. But on a much brighter note, I offer to buy Bluey 's super limited 4189 / 4000' I'm even willing to pay a small premium!

PS. I'm hoping to get #17,766 of 4000

It does say limited to 4,000 on Eureka's own site. I imagine they must have printed a few extras so maybe they somehow sent them out to retailers by mistake. It does seem a little strange.

Really makes you wonder the ethics in play here. Or lack of.

Well to be fair to Eureka, we still need visual evidence before slinging stones now don't we? I wondering if anyone has numbers 4001-4195? It's odd I don't see any of the eBay auctions having numbers exceeding 4000 either. Perhaps they went strait from 4000 to 4196?

Received my copy the other day from an Amazon marketplace seller with the number 4161/4000 - will be emailing Eureka to see what on earth is going on and will post the contents of the reply if it comes. It is clearly stated everywhere I look that this is "LIMITED TO 4,000 COPIES WORLDWIDE".

Thanks a bunch. I actually got it for 22 quid, hopefully that will satisfy some people who are on the fence at £25. Just click on one of the many sellers that are linked to Amazon. The guy I bought it from apparently has 7 left after I bought 2.
X 2 ? /4000 - Please let us know the numbers on the backs of the 2 you bought from the Amazon seller (I expect 'twas the same seller that I bought my copy from t'other day) if you still have them or recall the numbers if you don't.