Monsters, Inc. (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #3) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Kimchidvd Exclusive No.3 "Shipping start from 11th Oct."

Release date: 15th Oct.
Total Print run : 3K
- Kimchi exclusive numbered : 2K (1/4 slip: 800, Lenticular: 1200)
- Non-kimchi exclusive : 1K (Normal slipcover: 1000)
Gift for Limited edition:
- Photo card, Storybook, Sticker book & numbered art card
Artwork: Gloss Finish/No embossed & debossed

Purchase link:
- 1/4 slip edition: KimchiDVD (SOLD OUT)
- lenticular slip edition: KimchiDVD (SOLD OUT)

Price:
- MSRP: 60$
- Promotional price: 44.99$ (only valid from 30th August to 3rd September midnight, only 5 days until OOS)
- Order limit : 3x 1/4 slip per order, 5x lenticular per order
- Total item quantity more than 5 copies, it must be shipped by EMS only (each steel is 400G and Kimchi can not ship more than 2 kg package per order by k-packet)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

- Lenticular edition & Package
View attachment 44901

- 1/4 slip edition & package
View attachment 44903

More images:
13760361499722496.jpg

13760361499731628.jpg

13760362373253001.jpg

-Lenticular Image
View attachment 44900

-1/4 slip image
View attachment 44902

Actual pictures of both editions: (Thanks to ricster)
Lenticular:
IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

1/4 slip:
IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

Video presentation of the Lenticular slip:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 852
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 590
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 568
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I love these inside art choices alvin. especially the second one. Too bad Kimchi didn't ask for our opinion like for Leon....It's nice but could be better...

I would imagine the artwork is dictated by Disney and Kimchi have no say over the art

I would imagine the artwork is dictated by Disney and Kimchi have no say over the art

im sure that is the case. A lot of times due to rights owned by the stuidos a lot of prelim arts aren't approved... we understand how things work, just a bit disappointed that the front art approved has been done already. Either way, kimich hasn't let us down yet and im sure the extra perks they do will still make this a must own :thumbs:

Reactions: mnementh
I appreciate the fact that this will not be a copycat steel. No need to reproduce inner art already used before or slipcover art already released. This is a GREAT EXAMPLE of how to come up with something ORIGINAL. I like it :thumbs:

It's the same cover as the US amaray edition that was released last February :

ChQBKL.png

I like how they're connecting inside art and the front, but I would easily pick a still featuring Boo in some capacity (her, or her room, her shadow, her in a costume) over the current front if it were up to me.

Boo is truly the soul of Monsters Inc imo, and her relationship with Sully and Mike was one of the highlights of this film - this is why I'm very worried of how the sequel plays out without what is to me, an essential component of this universe, as much as Sully and Mike.

I'm not kidding, when they announced a Monsters University movie, given that it's been 12 years since Monsters Inc, and given that Andy was moving to college in Toy Story 3, I thought : oh, so Boo is going to college ^^. She's new to this world, far from home, afraid in the dorm and the monsters come to the rescue and help her out? After a bit of thinking, I realized setting a animated family comedy on a college campus full of human characters was probably not the way Pixar wanted to go :D.

My point is, I like that character and her not being represented here at all is a bit disappointing.

The probability of me buying the upcoming Kimchi exclusives :

1. Léon : 100%, unless the artwork is awful - which is impossible given that HDN members choose it ^^.

2. Tangled : 90%, I wasn't thinking much of this film until I saw it, it was great, and the possibilities for magnificent artwork are endless - as always with animated films.

3. Infernal Affairs : 80%, if it's trilogy set (not 3 individual steels), if it's not a jumbo (not that I'm allergic to them), if the whole thing is below 55€ (including the €9.30 shipping) and if there are French subtitles.

4. Monsters, Inc : 60% - there's a German steel for €16, albeit less beautiful, so the idea of paying €30 more for something I'm not entirely amazed by is making me ponder. Though there'd be a 15% increase if Boo was featured ^^. Love the back.

It will all decrease by 50% if there's any problem with my Le Grand Bleu steelbook though :D — which will be my first Kimchi exclusive, I was too late for Terminator 2 which I got on YesAsia.

Just curious what's the point of this?

Exactly. I mean... yah sure. The FS one looks fantastic. No doubt about it. And if everyone who is willing to sell it wasn't asking $100+ I might consider trying to get one, but that's what's cool about the new Kimchi Monsters Inc. It will be a more reasonably affordable alternative that many collectors will be happy to see available. Same thing with Revenge of the Fallen, and Thor... etc.

I love the artwork for this but I really do think Boo should be on there somewhere. She is one of the main purposes of the film, and certainly one of the top main characters. How could she not be on at least one of the front/back/inside?