• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@AnubisNefer how about a full PET semi-transparent sleeve that has a cut in the middle and opens like the X-Men First Class slipcase [Taiwan]

View attachment 160191 View attachment 160193

View attachment 160186

View attachment 160187

View attachment 160188
That would be sweet. Especially the full esthetics of the design.

My only concern is, that this kind of package will be wider and taller than all other PlainArchive releases. So when having all releases in your bookshelf, this one will be approximately a half cm higher than all other releases.

But that's the ocd part of me talking. I do love the idea. The package, all of it. ;-)

Let's get creative!

Last edited:
Reactions: harry and PunkNinja
That would be sweet. Especially the full esthetics of the design.

My only concern is, that this kind of package will be wider and taller than all other PlainArchive releases.

So when having all releases in your bookshelf, this one will be approximately a half cm higher than all other releases.

But that's the ocd part of me talking. I do love the idea. The package, all of it. ;-)

Let's get creative!
It doesn't have to be wider or taller. Just like I SAW THE DEVIL Steelbook with PET full slip but it opens in the middle.

po.png

cv.png

lo.png

Reactions: AnubisNefer
Last edited:
@AnubisNefer how about a full PET semi-transparent sleeve that has a cut in the middle and opens like the X-Men First Class slipcase [Taiwan]

View attachment 160191 View attachment 160193

View attachment 160186

View attachment 160187

View attachment 160188
dont think the bad guy should have a prominent spot on the cover or slip. just my opinion. he doesn't have a big role in the movie, this is more like a one man show. to me its not like prof x and magneto who are both important and equal.

Ninja's,

i couldn't resist so i made a mockup of my interpretation of Oldboy. I used the teaser image Plain Archive made. It's a PET sleeve with on the other half a print, making it semi-transparant. I just can't bare the thought of not using the iconic kaleidoscope effect. ;-)

On the back, the same artwork is used, but then as a booklet. And since i find that Oldboy should be entitled in their native tongue, on the side i put the original korean title.

Disclaimer: @Mods of HDN, if Plain Archive doesn't like this at all, please remove it from the site, thank you.

444OVeA.jpg
That's awesome. Very creative thinking. If I ever decide release movies with special packaging, remind me to hire you ;) But personally, I would switch the titles. Korean title on the slip and English on the spine. I will buy it regardless though :p

And @PunkNinja Love that idea. PA should release it along with other editions. Dare I say 5 different editions this time? They have to out do ZDT right? :naughty:

1. Anubis and Punk's PET slip
2. Lenti slip
3. Full slip
4. Quarter slip
5. Keepcase amaray

#OCG #NoOtherOption

Yeah, 4 variants from Nova, or Kimchi is overkill.

But this is PLAIN ARCHIVE we are talking about, each edition is a work of art. I hope they release AT LEAST 4!
If the artwork is different on all of them, then I somewhat agree. If it's like ZDT,with 2 variants of the same art and a plain green PET that adds no artfulness (IMO), then I disagree.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885