Pain & Gain (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 23rd, 2013
Purchase link: Pain & Gain Sold-out
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 units in UK (This means 3k+ will be released in other countries)
The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

10858488-1380897011-536845.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536857.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536835.jpg

The disc will be the same as the new US Special Edition

Here's something that's made me very happy. From the PR company -

Hi Matt,

I hope you are well, please find attached the press release for Pain & Gain. I am pleased to confirm that the UK release will feature the same extras as the US special edition release.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Latest update from Zavvi
Still waiting on finalised artwork.

The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

There’s a pantone red on their names on the front cover, and emboss on the title treatment.

Confirmed as 1000 units only and from the traffic and questions we are getting, think this will only last a couple of days at the most before selling out.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,029
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 458
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 337
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 397
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 356
Last edited by a moderator:
I think this steel book is a prime example of how fickle collectors are. Long have they campaigned for more limited releases. Check. Better quality finishes. Check. The movie is brilliant. I know it's not Schindler's List but its not meant to be. And as I've read a million times on this forum 'I don't mind paying more for better finishes and smaller print runs.'
It's all here everything people want but it's still not good enough.

I think this steel book is a prime example of how fickle collectors are. Long have they campaigned for more limited releases. Check. Better quality finishes. Check. The movie is brilliant. I know it's not Schindler's List but its not meant to be. And as I've read a million times on this forum 'I don't mind paying more for better finishes and smaller print runs.'
It's all here everything people want but it's still not good enough.

From what I can tell most complaints are coming from people who didn't get one :hilarious:

customs seized my steelbook because it was 1€ over the tax-free threshold and zavvi had to sent it from their offshore warehouse which happens to be outside of the eu :rolleyes: they should be the one covering my expenses

customs seized my steelbook because it was 1€ over the tax-free threshold and zavvi had to sent it from their offshore warehouse which happens to be outside of the eu :rolleyes: they should be the one covering my expenses

wtf? because of 1€?
whenever i hear such customs horror stories from other countries, i'm happy i live in austria where customs seem to have very few interest in orders that are below the 100€ mark. i hardly ever pay taxes for anything below 100€ (unless amazon.ca who use EMS service for their shipping, which is fast but always get caught...).

and as for the P&G steel: i would have had the option to order twice, but did not do it, and i don't regret it (so far). if this movie turns out to be better than what i've heard/read about it, i might be jealous at those who own the steelbook, but by now i think i can survive without having this in my collection. :)

You made your purchase in the EU
The price on the website are inclusive
of VAT and this includes UK and EU price
As you live in Germany you have paid the vat and customs cannot ask you for any other payment

Zavvi is part of the hut group and is registered in England a EU country
Customs charges should not apply if your live and order from a EU country if vat is already included in the price
Dispatched from their offshore warehouse thats not in the EU does not matter you placed your order from a country that's registered in UK and price includes VAT

Its different if your order from outside of the EU then you may have to pay customs charge if over your the limit allowed in most cases is €22 it different in each EU country but customs charge only applies to product purchased outside of the EU or were inside the EU and no vat was included in the price charged

The Hut.com Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 5016010) whose registered office is at Meridian House, Gadbrook Park, Gadbrook Way, Rudheath, Northwich, Cheshire, UK, CW9 7RA.

Last edited:
I love these heated debates on this forum. It nearly always seems to be around the low print run, sold out, steels. I too "missed out" on this one as I was out of the country. I couldn't get wi-fi regularly etc. For those people who are deeply upset about not having one I suggest you do the same as me, and wait for the price to drop on ebay. It will.
Keep up the slagging lads. I love it !!!

I was in the US when this went live originally. The hotel didn't have free Wi-Fi and it was 3am in the morning. Luckily someone in the know notified me when it was going live again, so I set my alarm nice and early and the hotel I was in that day did have Wi-Fi and as soon as it was up I places my order and then ordered another copy which I've now sold. If I hadn't have got one, I'd have been disappointed, but like you I'd have held out

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

From what I can tell most complaints are coming from people who didn't get one :hilarious:

I had this on order I cancelled as I decided after watching the film was not for me

I like some others originally ordered because it was limited to 1000
Hit the order button quick approach
That's fine and good if its a film you want

I then asked myself after watching the film why would I want this when I don't like the film and cancelled my order

I collect steelbooks for the artwork yes but most important factor is the film itself and I must like the film and other factors are what extras are included and this will decide if I purchase a steelbook or standard release or a digibook release
If i really love the film I have double dipped and purchased both a steelbook and standard release (has more extras)

Sometimes I do see a Steelbook and its looks amazing fantastic artwork but if the film is to me of no interest its a total waste of my money to purchase just for a steelbook case

I know some buy steelbooks only for the steelbook artwork and don't even open or watch the film that's there choice and we all have same or different reasons for purchasing a steelbook

I had the chance to place an order for Pain & Gain when it went live again I decided NO for the same reasons I already cancelled the previous order

Some will people will have sour grapes that they missed this steelbook but for me it was very simple I did not want it

When you have a release that's very limited you will get lot of buyers ordering and some will later change there minds

Some purchase to sell or trade not me

This steelbook looks good but the film for me is not my taste and is reason for me I don't need it

I only collect steelbooks to open and watch the film extras etc
I keep them protected

I will in the future most likely do the same with another limited releases place a blind order and then later I will decide if i want to keep my order
When I have time to decide if I really need or want a release
Its crazy sometimes with very limited releases you mind just tells you get your order in

For those of you who love this film and own the steelbook its great if its a film you like

You made your purchase in the EU
The price on the website are inclusive
of VAT and this includes UK and EU price
As you live in Germany you have paid the vat and customs cannot ask you for any other payment

Zavvi is part of the hut group and is registered in England a EU country
Customs charges should not apply if your live and order from a EU country if vat is already included in the price
Dispatched from their offshore warehouse thats not in the EU does not matter you placed your order from a country that's registered in UK and price includes VAT

Its different if your order from outside of the EU then you may have to pay customs charge if over your the limit allowed in most cases is €22 it different in each EU country but customs charge only applies to product purchased outside of the EU or were inside the EU and no vat was included in the price charged

The Hut.com Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 5016010) whose registered office is at Meridian House, Gadbrook Park, Gadbrook Way, Rudheath, Northwich, Cheshire, UK, CW9 7RA.

thanks, that might actually help!

Last edited: