Pain & Gain (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 23rd, 2013
Purchase link: Pain & Gain Sold-out
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 units in UK (This means 3k+ will be released in other countries)
The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

10858488-1380897011-536845.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536857.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536835.jpg

The disc will be the same as the new US Special Edition

Here's something that's made me very happy. From the PR company -

Hi Matt,

I hope you are well, please find attached the press release for Pain & Gain. I am pleased to confirm that the UK release will feature the same extras as the US special edition release.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Latest update from Zavvi
Still waiting on finalised artwork.

The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

There’s a pantone red on their names on the front cover, and emboss on the title treatment.

Confirmed as 1000 units only and from the traffic and questions we are getting, think this will only last a couple of days at the most before selling out.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,029
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 458
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 337
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 397
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 356
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am happy to help out a friend if I can and it's nice when someone is kind enough to help me. :thumbs:

If both my copies arrive in good condition. I will be pleased to offer a trade to fellow Members. Hate to think that they all end up on eBay. As I'm not in it for the money, just the love of it. :drool:

Reactions: Lucky101
Sold out. Hope some ninja collectors managed to get one, rather than someone looking to make a profit on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to pick one of these up while I was on my break at work. Missed out first time round. Safe to say, I enjoyed this at the cinema, although I can see the love it or hate it reviews. But my copy will be opened and watched, not sold on for profit. :thumbs:

£23.99 Sterling
€29.99 Euro

I have still no interest in this at that price
does not matter to me if this was limited to 500 or 1000 or 10000
I have to want them film and I have watched it and its not for me
Ask yourself why your buying this if it just because its a limited 1000 release that is not a reason to buy

If of course you like the film then that's a different matter and would make sense to purchase
Pain & Gain

Some will buy just to have a limited release even if they hate the film and that's there choice
I don't buy for that reason and I never will
In comparison There will be Blood is a film I love and the fact that's limited to 1000 makes it better as a collector but if I did not like a film it would be no purchase
(With one exception Disney Collection I will get Planes even though I don't like the film but only when its reduced in price more as I want to have the full Disney collection but only if planes sells at £6.99 - £9.99)
Lot of people cancelled Pain & Gain because they really did not want it and only initially jumped to order because it was a limited release of 1000 very easy to do when you get hooked on buying steelbooks IMO (in my opinion)

For those who really wanted Pain & Gain steelbook I'm happy for you to get your chance

We'll it's win-win for me as I loved the movie AND this version is limited to 1,000 pieces.

Also I only paid €26 for this with a discount code when it first went live, which I think is a bargain for this considering what it's going for on eBay already :scat:

Not understanding the fascination with this one... That streaky matte black looks brutal... Guess it's all hype.

Its mostly the fact that this was a 1K release which is rather small. You can pretty much get the same steel from Korea, Germany and Czech versions ( Even smaller print run and numbered). Cost wise they are all in the same range if you are importing just depends on which version you prefer.

I can't believe I missed out, but I'll wait to see if there are any extras from our members who ordered two in case of damaged product and that is willing to help me out.

Not understanding the fascination with this one... That streaky matte black looks brutal... Guess it's all hype.

The finish isn't streaky at all. This Steelbook is as good as any Paramount have released over the last couple of years. I personally believe that Paramount have never released a bad Steelbook in the UK. Sure their last few back catalogue releases aren't quite as good as their very best Steelbooks, but they are still better than the vast majority of offerings from other studios.

The finish isn't streaky at all. This Steelbook is as good as any Paramount have released over the last couple of years. I personally believe that Paramount have never released a bad Steelbook in the UK. Sure their last few back catalogue releases aren't quite as good as their very best Steelbooks, but they are still better than the vast majority of offerings from other studios.

It's not streaky at all. And if you had it in hand you'd appreciate that it's another quality Paramount Steelbook.

Fair enough guys. Judging it mainly from the low quality pics that first surfaced, and some a few pages back on my phone heading home from work. Hard to tell with the lighting, even on my PC right now, but it does look good on the video that was posted. Glad it turned out well and didn't turn out being a flop :thumbs:

Join the club. Saw the film in the cinema and thought it was pretty poor. The steel is just ugly. Only reason it sold out was it's limited run. The amount of copies on eBay is hilarious and the prices even funnier. It's not worth £14.99 let alone anything higher. The limited run meant scalpers snapped them up fast and soon the price will drop dramatically when they can't sell them lol

I've looked at my friends in detail and would give it 2.5/5 at best in terms of steelbook quality.

I've looked at my friends in detail and would give it 2.5/5 at best in terms of steelbook quality.

What a load of old s**t!

If you think this is a 2.5 out of 5 then what do you give Zavvis Only God Forgives and all the other recent muck from Studiocanal?

This has a some great spot glossing an embossed title and some nice high res back artwork.

I think maybe someone is a little bitter that they missed out on this one?

Last edited:
[/B]

What a load of old s**t!

If you think this is a 2.5 out of 5 then what do you give Zavvis Only God Forgives and all the other recent muck from Studiocanal?

This has a some great spot glossing an embossed title and some nice high res back artwork.

I think maybe someone is a little bitter that they missed out on this one?

Why would I buy a steel to a film I think is crap? Had plenty of opportunity to buy it. I just think the mock up looked bad and so was the final product. You are entitled to your opinion, and so am I! :)

I'd give Only God Forgives a 0/5 for the steel and not much higher for the film!

If you think the film is crap then that's your opinion. But why come onto this thread only to spread negativity?

If you don't like the Steelbook, you don't have to try and ruin it for everyone else. Especially those who don't have their copy in hand yet.

If you think the film is crap then that's your opinion. But why come onto this thread only to spread negativity?

If you don't like the Steelbook, you don't have to try and ruin it for everyone else. Especially those who don't have their copy in hand yet.

Who's ruining anything? Plenty of threads with steels I like that have negative comments from others! What one person likes aesthetically might not please another. My original comment more concerned the fact a film like this got a limited run, that now seems to have flooded eBay. I'm not the one resorting to bad language just because someone disagrees with my opinion!

Who's ruining anything? Plenty of threads with steels I like that have negative comments from others! What one person likes aesthetically might not please another. My original comment more concerned the fact a film like this got a limited run, that now seems to have flooded eBay. I'm not the one resorting to bad language just because someone disagrees with my opinion!

I was only quoting Catherine Tate's 'Nan'!! :hilarious:

Anyway, coming on here to say the quality of this Steelbook is a 2.5/5 unfortunately makes you 'Captain Buzzkill'!!

I was only quoting Catherine Tate's 'Nan'!! :hilarious:

Anyway, coming on here to say the quality of this Steelbook is a 2.5/5 unfortunately makes you 'Captain Buzzkill'!!

Hey guys were not going to suppress anyone opinion on the board here. If someone said he doesn't like it and one states that he does that's fine. It's not negativity to express ones opinion. If he used inappropriate language or slandered against the studio then that would be negativity. Please respect everyones opinion whether you may like what that person said or not. Were all in the same sandbox here so lets all play well together. :)