Paramount 100th Anniversary Slipcovers (US)

hidef al

Premium Supporter
Mar 10, 2011
SoCal
11wdlx1.jpg

Paramount will start re-releasing some of their catalog titles as part of their 100th Anniversary Series just like Universal. Here is a full list.

Walmart - 3/13/12
Beowulf
Ghost
Beverly Hills Cop
Untouchables
Face/Off
The Italian Job
Coming To America
War Of The Words

Best Buy - 4/8/12
Airplane
American Beauty
Braveheart
Ferris Buellers Day Off
Footloose
Forest Gump
Gladiator
Godfather, The
Major League
Naked Gun, The
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Saturday Night Fever
Saving Private Ryan
Ten Commandments, The
Top Gun
Wayne's World

Best Buy - 5/13/12
Clear and Present Danger
Flags of Our Father
Hunt for Red October
Once Upon A Time In The West
Patriot Games
Sum Of All Fears
True Grit
True Grit (John Wayne)
When We Were Soldiers

Walmart - 6/19/12
Grease
A.I. (Artificial Intelligence)
Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, The
Minority Report
Road To Perdition

And some say Once Upon a Time In The West doesn't exist but the picture looks real.

44997_medium.jpg 48876_medium.jpg 100_4007.jpg 100_3968.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it's odd that they don't show up on Walmarts site. No pre-orders. Nothing. Maybe they might show up next week.

Ughhh. I HATE the look of these slips. I hated the identical ones that they released for DVDs earlier this year and I was really hoping that if they were going to do an anniversary series for blu ray, they'd go with a new design.

No word on Anchorman or Old School? They did release the Dvds with those slips.

Nothing yet but they could be on the list. This is the first wave for the blu-ray version.

I gotta see these in person for me to decide ... may just snag 3 tho.

You definitely need to check them out in person Wreck. Love the red metallic and the gold embossing. :scat:

Here a shot of the spines.

100_3913.jpg

Reactions: GVZER
OK ninja members it looks like we are getting more Paramount 100th Anniversary slipcovers. No date yet but the member that posted this pic was at Best Buy.

123wdw4.jpg

*Pic belongs to Waszak1977

Reactions: snowblood
These are very nice with the crimson red ....trying hard to resist .... *sigh* Just so many! And so many already released with slips etc. :rolleyes:

These are very nice with the crimson red ....trying hard to resist .... *sigh* Just so many! And so many already released with slips etc. :rolleyes:

Yeah I know what you mean Wreck. I really wish Zodiac will be part of the Anniversary series. That does not have a slipcover yet in the US. :(

Ok, just came back from wal-mart .... and I lost the battle, I caved and bought 2. So what does that mean? Yes, I have to have them all. LOL. They are awesome, and I guess its a one year thing since its not their 100 anni next year .... so why not right? Plus I'm not getting the gate fold Uni's those I can pass on. However I didnt own 8mile yet and bought that one.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

ps Al ... I saw they put out the new dvd ones at my wally world. They had like all those above in that box pic, but they also had Paranormal Activity and Forrest Gump fyi. And they had that Days of Thunder (tom cruise)

My Walmart also has the DVD versions. I did see the same ones that you saw at your WM. I'm hoping we getting to see the blu-ray versions with those Paramount 100th Anniversary slipcovers. Paranormal Activity does not have a slipcover for the Us yet. Same for Days Of Thunder.

Canada

Does anybody know if these are or will be available in Canada. I keep looking for them but haven't seen them around. I know the Universal ones are around but that is all I find. I am trying to track down Major League and Wayne's World. Anyone wanna help?