Paramount 100th Anniversary Slipcovers (US)

hidef al

Premium Supporter
Mar 10, 2011
SoCal
11wdlx1.jpg

Paramount will start re-releasing some of their catalog titles as part of their 100th Anniversary Series just like Universal. Here is a full list.

Walmart - 3/13/12
Beowulf
Ghost
Beverly Hills Cop
Untouchables
Face/Off
The Italian Job
Coming To America
War Of The Words

Best Buy - 4/8/12
Airplane
American Beauty
Braveheart
Ferris Buellers Day Off
Footloose
Forest Gump
Gladiator
Godfather, The
Major League
Naked Gun, The
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Saturday Night Fever
Saving Private Ryan
Ten Commandments, The
Top Gun
Wayne's World

Best Buy - 5/13/12
Clear and Present Danger
Flags of Our Father
Hunt for Red October
Once Upon A Time In The West
Patriot Games
Sum Of All Fears
True Grit
True Grit (John Wayne)
When We Were Soldiers

Walmart - 6/19/12
Grease
A.I. (Artificial Intelligence)
Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, The
Minority Report
Road To Perdition

And some say Once Upon a Time In The West doesn't exist but the picture looks real.

44997_medium.jpg 48876_medium.jpg 100_4007.jpg 100_3968.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know if these are or will be available in Canada. I keep looking for them but haven't seen them around. I know the Universal ones are around but that is all I find. I am trying to track down Major League and Wayne's World. Anyone wanna help?

I'm looking for those two titles too. I didn't see any at my BB today :(

Damn, was hoping for all three so I could sell off my US set so I dont mind buying these.

Damn, was hoping for all three so I could sell off my US set so I dont mind buying these.

If I remember correctly, I did see all three have slips for the DVD version. So there is a good chance that all three will have slips for the blu-ray version.

im broke haha

:scat::scat::scat:
DSCN1514.jpg

4 from wal-mart

the rest from Best Buy ..

there were 2 more I didnt get to tone back my total a bit :p (Gladiator and SPR @ 19.99 each)

Al no matter what I say .. DO NOT let me get sinked in to the Uni slips, kthxbye ;p

Now its time to sell off some bds of these I dont need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hidef al
Hahaha!! That looks great Wreck. My Best Buy only had 5 of the 16 Paramount slips. :(

Just to let you know Wreck, there should be more Uni 100th Anniversary slips (third wave) coming in June. So be prepared for those. LOL!! ;)

with 50 steelbooks done for universal already .... I wouldnt be surprised for UNI (and paramount) to want to hit the full 100 for 100 this year!

2 Wal-Marts and a Best Buy in my area and not one store had any of the Paramount red slipcovers on blu-ray. Best Buy kids knew nothing about them even being released. The standard answer when that happens is that they must be an online special and will not be sold in stores.

that sucks, I believe they will trickle in your store (at least best buy) in due time bob.

As i was checking out for my huge stash, I thought it was funny a manager came over to me and was like "Excuse me sir, I see you have all the disney's ... we also have Bambi back over here." *points to front store ....

And I said ........ wait for it ........

"These aren't Disney's, these are paramount's."

and he turned as red as the slipcovers.

2 Wal-Marts and a Best Buy in my area and not one store had any of the Paramount red slipcovers on blu-ray. Best Buy kids knew nothing about them even being released. The standard answer when that happens is that they must be an online special and will not be sold in stores.

The release date is 4/8/12 for the ones at Best Buy. This coming Sunday. Some Best Buys have them out early. So you should see them popping up at your BB sometime next week.

With Walmart, it could be YMMV. Only one out of four Walmarts in my area had them two weeks ago. The other three didn't have any.

that sucks, I believe they will trickle in your store (at least best buy) in due time bob.

As i was checking out for my huge stash, I thought it was funny a manager came over to me and was like "Excuse me sir, I see you have all the disney's ... we also have Bambi back over here." *points to front store ....

And I said ........ wait for it ........

"These aren't Disney's, these are paramount's."

and he turned as red as the slipcovers.

Disney !!!
smiley-laughing014.gif