Price: £19.99-sold out
Notes: Embossed Artwork on cover
Confirmed 4000 qty print run

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10847259-1383926295-491763.jpg

10847259-1383926295-491772.jpg

attachment.php

10847259-1383926295-491776.jpg
Zavvi are pleased to announce the next wave of our Disney Steelbook Collection, and we have 3 absolute classics for you. Peter Pan, Dumbo and Lady & The Tramp

All 3 will feature;
- Embossed Artwork on the front cover
- Classic vibrant artwork
- Custom new back designs

These will also be the lowest runs we have ever produced on Disney Classic titles
Finish and exact embossing details TBC
Release Date 17th Feb

Attachments

• 10847259-1383926295-491780.jpg
    10847259-1383926295-491780.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 797
Last edited by a moderator:
+1 to the pixie dust.

TBH, I'm really glad the back turned out being busier opposed to just being a shopped Tink, similar to Dumbo. A busy front with a minimilistic back just doesn't look right to me. Not a big deal since I've decided to pass on Dumbo.

Anyway, looking forward to this! Hope they deviate a little from Aladdin and Jungle Book and give us some full gloss to top it off.

Last edited:
you know you've got a point. i did a quick alteration adding the pixie dust literally looks 10x better

before
View attachment 51550
after
dw8288.jpg

lets do what we did on wreck it ralph (also started by me haha) get them to add the pixie dust.

WE WANT PIXIE DUST, WE WANT PIXIE DUST...and so on :scat:

i totally agree on the change! minimal change, maximum effect!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Geek Tragedy
The Pixie dust gets my vote also. Makes Tink look like she belongs on that background more.

The back looks really strange without the pixie dust. Well done again Boba, nice work. :thumbs:

+1 to the pixie dust.

TBH, I'm really glad the back turned out being busier opposed to just being a shopped Tink, similar to Dumbo. A busy front with a minimilistic back just doesn't look right to me. Not a big deal since I've decided to pass on Dumbo.

Anyway, looking forward to this! Hope they deviate a little from Aladdin and Jungle Book and give us some full gloss to top it off.

I agree with all you folks, we at hi def ninja only settle for the best especially when it'd be so easy to make a change that turns a meh back art into great back art. so lets keep this going until zavii confirm they've made the small adjustment we deserve.

here's hoping they keep the trend of using busier back drops instead of the blank photoshop trend seen on toy story 2,3 & dumbo. power to the people :LOL:

I agree with all you folks, we at hi def ninja only settle for the best especially when it'd be so easy to make a change that turns a meh back art into great back art. so lets keep this going until zavii confirm they've made the small adjustment we deserve.

here's hoping they keep the trend of using busier back drops instead of the blank photoshop trend seen on toy story 2,3 & dumbo. power to the people :LOL:

Well said

I know people like to think "It's Disney's fault not Zavvis" but Zavvi is the one selling their product so surely if theres complaints Zavvi are the people to get in touch with Disney to say "Look guys, we're getting s*** on sites like HDN and more people would buy YOUR product if you guys would please change <insert steelbook> because they don't like it"

I mean is it really that hard.

First you have the Toy Story steelbooks

Then the Mouse on the Dumbo steelbook...they copy and pasted the SAME picture

Now we have Tinker Bell who looks totally out of place without her pixie dust

COME ON :|

Well said

I know people like to think "It's Disney's fault not Zavvis" but Zavvi is the one selling their product so surely if theres complaints Zavvi are the people to get in touch with Disney to say "Look guys, we're getting s*** on sites like HDN and more people would buy YOUR product if you guys would please change <insert steelbook> because they don't like it"

I mean is it really that hard.

First you have the Toy Story steelbooks

Then the Mouse on the Dumbo steelbook...they copy and pasted the SAME picture

Now we have Tinker Bell who looks totally out of place without her pixie dust

COME ON :|

People only tend to speak up when they are unhappy. So let's say it's a print run of 3000, and they recieve 300 complaints about the art work. That could mean the other 2700 or so are happy with the artwork. So you seemingly have 90% happy and 10% unhappy. 10% vs 90% sorry got to go with the 90%.

It's the same wihen you here complaints about Zavvi's customer serivce. 99% of their complaints might be dealt with promptly and in a timely manner, it's just that we don't hear about those.

If you don't like the artwork, simple don't order it. There is no guarantee that any alternative artwork would be better, it could equally be worse. And at the end of the day there is the old adage you can please everyone all of the time. So just as a change in artwork might please 300 pepole, 300 others might be displeased.

People only tend to speak up when they are unhappy. So let's say it's a print run of 3000, and they recieve 300 complaints about the art work. That could mean the other 2700 or so are happy with the artwork. So you seemingly have 90% happy and 10% unhappy. 10% vs 90% sorry got to go with the 90%.

It's the same wihen you here complaints about Zavvi's customer serivce. 99% of their complaints might be dealt with promptly and in a timely manner, it's just that we don't hear about those.

If you don't like the artwork, simple don't order it. There is no guarantee that any alternative artwork would be better, it could equally be worse. And at the end of the day there is the old adage you can please everyone all of the time. So just as a change in artwork might please 300 pepole, 300 others might be displeased.

The idea that people only speak up when they're unhappy with the art is nonsense, you talk as if when i put up the altered picture, those who where happy without the pixie dust all sit there silently. when thats not true at all. you're niave to think people who are satisfied with art choices remain silent, look at the finding nemo thread,dusk till dawn thread, or aladdin thread, if somethings good people speak up just like they do if somethings bad. seriously there are tons of threads where loads of people have spoken highly when excellent art is chosen.

yes the idea that alot of people dont speak out is valid but you conveniently forget that for every person who likes the art and remains quietly satisfied there is equally (or more can swing either way obviously) amounts of people unsatisfied who say nothing aswell. its swings and roundabouts. naturally its hard to get accurate numbers.

and thats why sample polls exist. if you ask 50 people wether they prefer A or B and 65% prefer B then its logical to assume if you asked 100 people you'd get similar results.

Last edited: