Play.com - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Europe]

play.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Play.com.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to specific countrys in Europe. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Packaging exemple: (tx to Acid)
View attachment 14139

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
As to the Steelbook packaging I shipped loads overseas with the last Group Buy, including singles, just using the box. To date I have had only one report of failure and as that was within a large box, ironically that might have been an element of my QC :emb: Still 1 out of 500 ain't bad. :)

As to the Steelbook packaging I shipped loads overseas with the last Group Buy, including singles, just using the box. To date I have had only one report of failure and as that was within a large box, ironically that might have been an element of my QC :emb: Still 1 out of 500 ain't bad. :)

Yeah, top notch those boxes...except for the new style stick down lip...a devil to open cleanly EEK!

Does anyone here know the address for returning damaged products from Play?
I received two damaged steelbooks (Shooter & Saving Private Ryan) earlier this week and i have already followed the "return this item" process in the order history for each product. After completion of these steps i got an e-mail from Play with this message:

Dear xxxxx

Please accept this as confirmation of your returns authorisation for the following item:

Shooter: Paramount Centenary Edition (Play.com Exclusive Steelbook)

Please allow 5 working days for your returned item to be received and processed by our warehouse

But i can`t find the postal address where i should send my returns..anyone here that previously returned items from Play and where did you send them?

Does anyone here know the address for returning damaged products from Play?
I received two damaged steelbooks (Shooter & Saving Private Ryan) earlier this week and i have already followed the "return this item" process in the order history for each product. After completion of these steps i got an e-mail from Play with this message:

Dear xxxxx

Please accept this as confirmation of your returns authorisation for the following item:

Shooter: Paramount Centenary Edition (Play.com Exclusive Steelbook)

Please allow 5 working days for your returned item to be received and processed by our warehouse

But i can`t find the postal address where i should send my returns..anyone here that previously returned items from Play and where did you send them?

PM sent mate

Reactions: HiDefJunkie
Ive been lucky too and never had a damaged steelbook from PLAY. This is because there packaging is perfect, so thanks. All I would say is although very gratefull for the quick turnaround of steelbooks at only £10.99 I would happily pay more for them to have a more 'matt' smooth finish. eg. so my Predator and Braveheart have a lacquer finish like 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' or Avatar etc..

Play.com probably has the best packaging, but I have to say their QC is amongst the worst. I've had the most damaged steelbooks from play, always with small paint chips or scratches. It's been particularly frustrating as i've been unable to get a member of this forum a mint copy of Braveheart after 2 attempts.

Ive bought pretty much all of my steelbooks from play.com and they have all been delivered in mint condition. The box can be a bit hard to open but it does keep them safe. =)

almost all my steels come from play and i didnt received one damaged :scat: I didnt know they dont ship outside EU, so if somebody needs help buying one to ship outside EU, feel free to ask ;)

Iron Man is appearing in the £19.99 section (priced low to high) between Snow White Huntsman and Lifeboat....looks like a Playtrade seller had it for that price (no doubt used)

Anybody else awaiting despatch confirmation for this mini Paramount wave?

Paramount Centenary Edition 10 September 2012
Forrest Gump
Zulu
Shutter Island
The Godfather Trilogy: The Coppola Restoration

Orders are siting in Order placed 03 Sep 2012 EEK!

What does ‘Order placed’ mean?
Your order has been placed, but payment is not yet being processed.

I guess there is a Request Payment glitch :angry: I don't really want to cancel and re-order but Play to reslove EEK!

Just noticed this tweet on play.com's official twitter page, should make ordering and keeping track of steelbook orders on phones a lot easier. I hate using their website on my phone!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347216650.260785.jpg

What's up with Customs fees. I am not sure, but I think I read somewhere you can get Customsfees back?

I don't think this is true. Any expierence here?

The play.com steelbooks are 1€ more expensive now, when you buy from Europe.
For example I ordered the zombieland steelbook for 14,99€ and now they want 15,99€. That's what they did with a lot more steelbooks. The £ price is still at £10.99.

That really sucks, £10.99 are not even 14€ and play wants 16€ now