Play.com - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Europe]

play.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Play.com.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to specific countrys in Europe. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Packaging exemple: (tx to Acid)
View attachment 14139

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
anyone know how the reward points work on Play.com?

sometimes the points get added almost as soon as something is dispatched, but I also have points pending and not approved from buying Iron Man and other steels back in early August!

anyone know how the reward points work on Play.com?

sometimes the points get added almost as soon as something is dispatched, but I also have points pending and not approved from buying Iron Man and other steels back in early August!

I have exactly the same thing.

In my head (and it's nothing more than that) it would make sense if they show as pending until the returns period has passed and then add the points but I also have points for IM & IM2 and a few of the horizontal waves showing as provisional when, if my theory is correct, they should have been awarded ages ago.

Umm, they've released quite a few good steelbooks allright.... Too bad I CAN NOT buy any of those steels cos they only ship to UK and EU addresses. What's up with that? Why do I have to pay $20-30 extras just to get PLAY.COM steelbook from Ebay when they can easily add international shipping for the overseas customer. Anyone know if this is gonna change in the future?

Reactions: shevagol
That could be due to logistics, after all they are selling products for the UK and European markets. They probably don't want to deal with the potential returns, exchanges, replaced items of international purchases. Also, it could be that some items are not licensed to be sold in other territories other than uk and eu. There's a lot of decencies, but who knows maybe some day they'll do it.

Reactions: shevagol
That could be due to logistics, after all they are selling products for the UK and European markets. They probably don't want to deal with the potential returns, exchanges, replaced items of international purchases. Also, it could be that some items are not licensed to be sold in other territories other than uk and eu. There's a lot of decencies, but who knows maybe some day they'll do it.

Thanks for the answer. I can see how it could be too complicated for them to start posting internationally but if the other retailers can do it....:(

Good for ebay sellers, right now they can ask for ridiculous price from us overseas customers just because we have no right to get the item at a normal price like they do..

is it just me or does play have really **** customer services and try to avoid helping as much as possible as well as taking a lifetime to reply to you, last time I'm using them exept for exclusives

is it just me or does play have really **** customer services and try to avoid helping as much as possible as well as taking a lifetime to reply to you, last time I'm using them exept for exclusives

Nope they are pretty terrible when it comes to replying to emails and have been for as long as I have known. Their returns process seems to be a bit better now though and of course their packaging is better, which luckily means I don't often have issues.

Has anyone managed to purchase a Steelbook using just SuperPoints yet? I'm sitting at 643 with a few more coming from the recent Steelbook waves. I think they will expire before I get enough to get a 'free' Steelbook though :hilarious:

Has anyone managed to purchase a Steelbook using just SuperPoints yet? I'm sitting at 643 with a few more coming from the recent Steelbook waves. I think they will expire before I get enough to get a 'free' Steelbook though :hilarious:

Not yet but I have put the points to see if it works and the total is deducted.

Anyone else get tracking numbers for the releases this week from Play.com?

Seems they're using Hermes now......... That means say goodbye to Saturday/Monday deliveries. Hermes are possibly the worst courier in the UK, atrocious service and slow deliveries.

Thing is, I only ordered 4 steels for this wave, usually would be sent via normal Royal Mail. Can't see how using Hermes would be cheaper for Play.com for such a small package

Reactions: Ultron
I would also like to express my concern about using Hermes. They are SHOCKINGLY BAD!!!!

I can envisage a lot of parcels now going 'missing'!

Wreck, can you please relay our views about the new courier service.

Nope they are pretty terrible when it comes to replying to emails and have been for as long as I have known. Their returns process seems to be a bit better now though and of course their packaging is better, which luckily means I don't often have issues.

You can use your points and your credit card at the same time on an order.

Unless you are lucky, Herpes also means no more early pics from HDN members a day or two after dispatch emails. :BS: :BS: :BS:

I'm gutted about this. I've finally ordered enough titles to get Special Delivery and they change couriers :angry:

My tracking is now showing:

11/10/2012 14:22 Hub Trailer Via Sorter

Whatever the hell that means. I really hope these arrive and hopefully damage free (i'm sure Play.com packaging will be put to the test). Will definitely be firing off an email to Play.com about their choice of courier. Everything was going perfectly. Great titles, great designs, arriving well before release date in perfect condition and very reasonably priced. Why did they have to change anything? Royal Mail might not be the cheapest, but they are usually pretty reliable. I was looking forward to getting woken up by the postman this morning with a van full of Steelbooks :(

Reactions: Ultron
I'm gutted about this. I've finally ordered enough titles to get Special Delivery and they change couriers :angry:

My tracking is now showing:

Whatever the hell that means. I really hope these arrive and hopefully damage free (i'm sure Play.com packaging will be put to the test). Will definitely be firing off an email to Play.com about their choice of courier. Everything was going perfectly. Great titles, great designs, arriving well before release date in perfect condition and very reasonably priced. Why did they have to change anything? Royal Mail might not be the cheapest, but they are usually pretty reliable. I was looking forward to getting woken up by the postman this morning with a van full of Steelbooks :(

Exactly the same boat as you mate:(

I don't know if this was mentioned here before, but does play.com have any limitations on order quantities for their exclusives? I'm planning on picking up some extras to help out friends, but don't know if I should contact play about it to explain the situation.

Hate to be the bearer of even worse news (and it might not apply to Steels). Spoke to Hermes driver this morning delivering my son's box and was told that contract is with Hermes, Royal Mail and ...... YODEL EEK!