10931304-1394627606-92496.jpg

10931304-1394627606-92547.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Went Live at 05:20 PM
Sold out at 07:09 PM

1 Hour 47 Minutes it took to sell out
Considering it was only a print run of 1000
That was not Fast

But considering its was priced at £19.99 and 3 Previous Steelbooks released in the UK
I was expecting it to take lot longer to sell out

There must have been lot of scalpers who bulk ordered
I don't think Zavvi in this case will cancel those Bulk Orders unless they get a lot of I missed out enquires

This might come back when the scalpers realize they have made a mistake and cancel there orders

You can be nearly 100% sure some will be back for sale near release date as normal customers cancel there orders

£19.99 was a crazy price for a Back Catalogue Title with previous Steelbook releases

I would have been ok with £9.99 to £12.99 as its not worth any more than that in my opinion

If it had included the bonus extras disc I might have considered this release

£19.99 (€24.59) for a 1 disc release and available cheaper from
Amazon Germany €16,99 Euro = £14.20
Zavvi €24.59 Euro = £19.99
Amazon Germany is the same Steelbook and its a Matte Finish

Last edited:
Went Live at 05:20 PM
Sold out at 07:09 PM

1 Hour 47 Minutes it took to sell out
Considering it was only a print run of 1000
That was not Fast

But considering its was priced at £19.99 and 3 Previous Steelbooks released in the UK
I was expecting it to take lot longer to sell out

There must have been lot of scalpers who bulk ordered
I don't think Zavvi in this case will cancel those Bulk Orders unless they get a lot of I missed out enquires

This might come back when the scalpers realize they have made a mistake and cancel there orders

You can be nearly 100% sure some will be back for sale near release date as normal customers cancel there orders

£19.99 was a crazy price for a Back Catalogue Title with previous Steelbook releases

I would have been ok with £9.99 to £12.99 as its not worth any more than that in my opinion

If it had included the bonus extras disc I might have considered this release

£19.99 (€24.59) for a 1 disc release and available cheaper from
Amazon Germany €16,99 Euro = £14.20
Zavvi €24.59 Euro = £19.99
Amazon Germany is the same Steelbook and its a Matte Finish

Hi,sold out before then i tried to get it at 6.50 last night,tried on my ipod ,laptop & phone with no luck,tried the mobile page & normal,cleared cache etc.

Cheers,paul.

So if it takes an average of 2 hours for this to sell out with a limit of 1000, should it not roughly take 8 hours for a disney steelbook of 4000 to sell out?

I smell fish.

So if it takes an average of 2 hours for this to sell out with a limit of 1000, should it not roughly take 8 hours for a disney steelbook of 4000 to sell out?

I smell fish.

I can't muster how a whopping 1000 of these all sold at £19.99 so quickly. Scalpers regardless, did these muppets seriously order that many? :hilarious:

It's like our brains have been artificially altered to believe that 1000 isn't much at all. I find it hard to believe 100 of these sold so promptly.

No. It is obviously a lot more complex than that.

Big lol, there's nothing complex about a steelbook being put live then pulled off. It's blatant tactics and you just can't see it or you refuse to believe it. There is no way on earth this has sold out. 1000 copies of a steelbook which has had 3 previous versions. Selling at a way inflated price tag gone in less than 2 hours does not add up. Most customers are not stupid, scalpers are not stupid, that just leaves the members on here oh well maybe it did sell out.

No way scalpers got this, considering my copy was only €15.99 from amazon.de why would anyone wanna pay £19.99 for the same Steelbook?

The same reason why Jack Reacher sold out and commanded even higher prices on eBay.

Big lol, there's nothing complex about a steelbook being put live then pulled off. It's blatant tactics and you just can't see it or you refuse to believe it. There is no way on earth this has sold out. 1000 copies of a steelbook which has had 3 previous versions. Selling at a way inflated price tag gone in less than 2 hours does not add up. Most customers are not stupid, scalpers are not stupid, that just leaves the members on here oh well maybe it did sell out.

What are you talking about? I was responding to the suggestion that Disney titles should sell out in eight hours based on how long it took this to sell out. I didn't comment on whether this really sold out or not. Maybe it has sold out maybe it hasn't, I don't really care. It might be an idea to actually read a post and be aware of the context it was made before responding to it.

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
No way scalpers got this, considering my copy was only €15.99 from amazon.de why would anyone wanna pay £19.99 for the same Steelbook?

A UK J-card can make a big difference to some collectors, I know it does for me.

Nevertheless, I'm still surprised how quickly this sold out. I guess one should never underestimate how well Star Trek can pull :)

But of course we also have our usual selection of Zavvi conspiracy theories to choose from for explaining the unexpected situation :hilarious:

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches