UK
Release date: March 31st, 2014
Purchase link: Zavvi.com (sold out)
Notes: Limited to 1,000 copies

10931304-1394627606-92443.jpg

10931304-1394627606-92496.jpg

10931304-1394627606-92547.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No. It is obviously a lot more complex than that.

I don't think so. A steelbook that has a release in different countries. It also has previous versions. So it would take a lot longer than 2 hours to sell out, surely. Unless someone bought a whopping batch on their own.

Then you look at... Cinderella Steelbook for example. It has no previous steelbook releases (AS IN, STEELBOOK). It will sell out eventually but not within 8 hours. Again, I smell something off.

I don't think so. A steelbook that has a release in different countries. It also has previous versions. So it would take a lot longer than 2 hours to sell out, surely. Unless someone bought a whopping batch on their own.

Then you look at... Cinderella Steelbook for example. It has no previous steelbook releases (AS IN, STEELBOOK). It will sell out eventually but not within 8 hours. Again, I smell something off.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like the cross section of people that want Star Trek and are into Steelbooks is probably quite a bit larger than people who want Cinderella and are into Steelbooks. With only a few exceptions, I don't care about owning classic Disney movies in Steel. Maybe if I had kids or something I would feel differently, but then I'd probably also have less money for Steels EEK!

Reactions: snooloui

You're comparing apples and oranges. The main appeal of this title is the print run, whereas it isn't with Cinderella. If Cinderella had been limited to 1000 copies and took longer to sell out, then you may have had a point.

Reactions: Lordhumungus
The German Version is Shiny Matte Finish
Satin type finish

The Zavvi release should be the exact same with only difference been the Back of the Jcard in English

German Steelbook
Pictures from Ricster
DE - Star Trek Alternative Number 2

Satin type finish.

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

sWA1SjT.jpg

m5Y5C9D.jpg

BcfN4Wn.jpg

E1S31x5.jpg

bYlWtMF.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

mYI52B0.jpg

riSN6CQ.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

pQKqE3l.jpg

Fm1eUgU.jpg

ldiginE.jpg

Comparison to Uk Alternative Number 1

Itrrqwq.jpg

7cW02BB.jpg

It available cheaper from Amazon Germany EUR Price €16,99 and not limited to 1000
EUR €22.20 including Shipping to Rep of Ireland

Zavvi Price £19.99 Sterling Euro Price €24.59 EEK! EEK! EEK!
Zavvi Limited to 1000 but you can get it no problem from Amazon Germany that's not limited to 1000

In reality its not limited to 1000

Price Zavvi at a maximum should have been only £14.99

Last edited:
In my opinion this Zavvi Variant Edition release is a waste of time
No need to be limited to 1000 when its easily available from Germany its the same steelbook

If Zavvi wanted to do a Real Exclusive Steelbook
They Should have done the Following

1) 2 Disc Release with previous extras disc
2) Exclusive Artwork not used before by anyone
3) Full Gloss Finish with embossed Title or debossed
4) Price £14.99 to £16.99 Max
5) 2000-2500 Limited Edition

6) Best part Artwork could have been chosen by a exclusive HDN Vote

This is just my opinion but its what I think Zavvi and Paramount should have arranged

Last edited:
In my opinion this Zavvi Variant Edition release is a waste of time
No need to be limited to 1000 when its easily available from Germany its the same steelbook

If they wanted to do a new Exclusive Steelbook
They Should have done the Following

1) 2 Disc Release with previous extras disc
2) Exclusive Artwork not used before by anyone
3) Full Gloss Finish with embossed Title
4) Price £14.99 to £16.99 Max
5) 2000-2500 Limited Edition

6) Best part Artwork could have been chosen by a exclusive HDN Vote

This is just my opinion but its what I think Zavvi and Paramount should have arranged

It's a very good point...I definitely agree.

It makes one wonder what the term "exclusive" means anymore. Obviously, the artwork isn't exclusive here, since Germany has the same. Is this a Zavvi exclusive simply because it's the only steel with this artwork AND English text on packaging? I dunno...just seems a wee bit misleading somehow.

Reactions: kaworu nagisa
Well I just saying Zavvi star trek Steebook has 2 of the highest selling ones were £27.99 (Auction)and one for £34 BIN price.

Maybe ebay have cancelled other orders.