Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - In theaters December 18, 2015

Gaveecho

Premium Supporter
Nov 22, 2011
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Tagline: The Force Lives On...

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]J.J. Abrams[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max von Sydow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Mayhew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lupita Nyong'o[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Warwick Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Grunberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maisie Richardson-Sellers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miltos Yerolemou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pip Andersen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dixie Arnold[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Chong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Henwick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billie Catherine Lourd[/ACTOR]

Plot: A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas, set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
lPMLNr8IEvwRMy36sPd5Zw6dk6D.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

[/media]

sw-fa-728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well just got back and still stonking
@harry think you will need to see this at least twice it is that good.

and would suggest going on your own, you don't want any disturbances whilst watching this one at all.

basil :thumbs:

:LOL: thanks buddy, i will do that :naughty:

well im back off to see again went with missus on saturday and said i might go back and see it again she said no is waste of money and she is back at work again today.
anyway is peeing down outside and just goto see again just booked myself a ticket again, i can't help it the force is strong with this one and the cinema is fairly quiet according to seating plan.
suppose ill just have to keep quiet :D dont really drink dont gamble dont smoke im aloud one vice aren't i?
whats you thoughts
@Flash @Scary Hair @harry

basil :thumbs:

Aww @Basil if you want to see it again good on you, I loved it so much, we might go again also lol :thumbs:

I'm not going to go into detail, as this isn't a movie thread, but I didn't want to watch a reboot of a New Hope, I wanted to see a new Star Wars film; one with a bit of imagination

well I disagree I think this new film was bursting with imagination, incredible acting and script and a real heart, brought a tear to my eye and I wasn't alone. I cannot wait to own this steelbook.

LOL! :D :p

@Basil HELL YEAH! :woot: I know that exact feeling!
excited.gif
That was me leaving the theater! :hilarious: Hope you enjoyed it buddy! ;)

@Drum18 Reserved Seats? :OMG: That's awesome! :thumbs: Wish we had more of that here, there is one theater not too far from me where you can select your seating, order Pizza/Wings and a beer! :hungry: I love it there but it gets expensive! :squint: That's where I wanted to see Episode 7 but ALL showings were sold out! :banghead:

I've been meaning to share my thoughts... Haven't had a chance since we had family over yesterday! :mad: Damn these holidays! :squint: LOL!

View attachment 208484 View attachment 208485

I abso-fu**ing-lutely love this film! One of my most favorite and memorable movie going experiences (along with The Raid 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Godzilla 2014)! :woot: I'm glad it's breaking box office records because SW is back baby! :cool: :drool: NOW bring on the bluray and Episode 8! :notworthy: Just thinking about it and typing this message is giving me chills!

@DADDYCOOL187 We did film a video review in the car the night we left the theater (at 1:15am). But it got fu**ing corrupted after I uploaded the video in the stupid computer, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around on how it happened :mad: :banghead: Believe me, Alyssa is still pissed off because many of her files got corrupted as well :sorry: But I was so damn excited and splurred so many 'F-Bombs' when I made it! :D LOL! :p

The Force Awakens brought back all those feelings of joy and excitement I had for Star Wars as a kid when I 1st experienced the originals! And I love the new characters, especially Rey :drool: (definitely my favorite, can't wait to see more of her journey!) and BB-8 (so damn cute)! :woot:

But I was I disappointed with 2 things :sorry: - I wish they showed more of Captain Phasma! Some much potential for an AWESOME and badass character! Fingers crossed to see her alive in Episode 8.

And I was hoping to see the two characters from The Raid kick some major ass in a Galaxy far, far away.. but they were terribly underused :(.. Oh well! Still an EPIC film! :cool:

And I ordered this last week, glad it arrived yesterday! :woot:
View attachment 208451 View attachment 208452 View attachment 208453
Starting today I'm gonna start watching ALL 6 films and go back Friday night to see Episode 7 again! :drool:

popcorn2.gif

Glad you enjoyed it, knew you would.
I've had two great cinema experinces this year and all because of being a kid. This and Jurassic world.
Jurassic park was one of the first (I think it was the first actually) that I see at the cinema and then growing up with the original Star Wars and getting to see the last 3 in the cinema and although I do love the last 3 they are terrible in places so for me this was more like the originals and glad I see it at the cinema.
The captain phasma thing was weird but I have a feeling some of these characters that had loads of promotion but not much screen time will be in a few films so I hope we see more of them (kinda like when you look back at boba fett and things like that. Even jabba the hut - wasn't till the third film you see most of him) and obviously with snoke and Luke etc

I was also a little annoyed the raid gus didn't get a fight or a bit more of them.

And I was hoping for at least 10 mins of Luke at the end but now it gives me hope he's pretty much in the whole next film and maybe more

R2 waking up randomly with a missing piece of the puzzle was also a bit lame lol and although the film wasn't as imaginative as It should of been with similarities to a new hope and the rest being slightly predicable I still thought it was a breathe of fresh air especially for Star Wars in general which may not make sense lol but does to me.

I mignt even go see this again after Christmas. I was lucky on the day only having a few people in the cinema and now every day it's packed out (at my crappy lil cinema) becuase kids are off school for Christmas.

Saw this opening day and thought it was overall really great and very entertaining. I haven't read this thread, so my apologies if these opinions have been voiced already.

Pros:
- All the new leads were really good and likeable; best acting across the board in all of the Star War movies
- No annoying characters or truly dull moments
- The humor was good and spread appropriately
- The pacing was good and the action was well shot
- Lots of cool moments that long time fans would enjoy

Cons (general):
- Story could have been more bold and new
- The last fight was not believable based off what the other Star War movies have shown us
- The final scene could have been better with some minor tweeks in my opinion

Not quite as good as any of the original trilogy, but leaps and bounds better than the prequel trilogy. My rankings - Episode 5, 4, 6, 7.......3, 1, 2
This is a true sequel to the Star Wars film universe that delivers and satisfies. Definitely see this and see on the biggest screen possible.

• Informative
Reactions: Drum18 and Flloydo
i just came back from watching this in it was fan-DAMN-tastic...i take a bow to everyone involved in this project, i havent enjoyed a film like this since Return of the king....what a way ti introduce a new villain....love it

Well said totally agree :thumbs:

well I disagree I think this new film was bursting with imagination, incredible acting and script and a real heart, brought a tear to my eye and I wasn't alone. I cannot wait to own this steelbook.

Just come back from watching this in 3D. Yep I shed a tear in the cinema like a little girl, couldn't help it. So many feeels

Many references to New Hope.

Kylo Ren is bad ass ! love the voice and when he's pissed off. The two new cast members as well, really liked em. Chewie was awesome.

The special effects were on point as well. Got to love the light sabers. Props to the SFX VFX crew.

Reactions: Flash and Bagman99
For those of you who have seen the film what did you guys think about the music? I thought beginning and ending were good. I just thought the middle was a bit mediocre and not as good as the prequels and originals. Like there was no memorable themes like Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars or Battle of the Heroes from the predecessors. The music was nowhere near terrible it was actually well done, but just not as good as the other 6 films. What are your guys's thoughts?

For those of you who have seen the film what did you guys think about the music? I thought beginning and ending were good. I just thought the middle was a bit mediocre and not as good as the prequels and originals. Like there was no memorable themes like Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars or Battle of the Heroes from the predecessors. The music was nowhere near terrible it was actually well done, but just not as good as the other 6 films. What are your guys's thoughts?

There were some sequences of music that really stood out for me. They were catchy. I don't think I can tell you which bits without spoiling it. Just got to wait for the OST to come out.

EDIT: Never mind, found one of the sequences I really liked.

John Williams - Reys Theme

Last edited:
Reactions: Hamill82 and Flash

I liked it, I thought everything flowed and created so many emotions throughtout but perhaps that's just me ;)

Reactions: Basil
The IMDB rating is taking the mick though ... 8.8/10 ? what ? it's not on the same level as Interstellar.

I would give it a 8/10 it is definitely the best one overall for me. As the VFX / SFX on the previous star wars films are dated.

There were some sequences of music that really stood out for me. They were catchy. I don't think I can tell you which bits without spoiling it. Just got to wait for the OST to come out.

EDIT: Never mind, found one of the sequences I really liked.

John Williams - The Scavenger

I liked it, I thought everything flowed and created so many emotions throughtout but perhaps that's just me ;)

I agree with you guys completely, but I think there wasn't any music that stood out quite like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGy1BRO1WCs

Reactions: InAFalsetto