Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - In theaters December 18, 2015

Gaveecho

Premium Supporter
Nov 22, 2011
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Tagline: The Force Lives On...

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]J.J. Abrams[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max von Sydow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Mayhew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lupita Nyong'o[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Warwick Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Grunberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maisie Richardson-Sellers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miltos Yerolemou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pip Andersen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dixie Arnold[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Chong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Henwick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billie Catherine Lourd[/ACTOR]

Plot: A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas, set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
lPMLNr8IEvwRMy36sPd5Zw6dk6D.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

[/media]

sw-fa-728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning: unpopular prequel rant ahead

IMO The Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels (I don't necessarily mean that as a compliment). Despite Jar Jar, it's the only one that feels/looks like a film, and even if the plot is tedious/dull it is at least coherent enough to make sense. The music and visual design aesthetic is great - I love the Naboo starfighters and the pod racers. It easily has the best lightsaber fight in the prequel trilogy, too.

AotC is a hot mess. Visually it's so unappealing, it's so digital and fake looking with some of the worst green screen (blue screen?) I've seen in a mainstream movie. The only positive I can think of from AotC is the sequence in the rain with Obi-Wan and Jango Fett, and even that's got problems. The love subplot is so poorly done it's embarrassing to watch. As soon as he gets his lightsaber out, Yoda is pretty much ruined. Perhaps worst of all it's boring.

I'll never understand how anybody can objectively argue that RotS is better than any of the entries from the original trilogy, just because it's 'dark'. The tone is all over the place, especially the opening. Order 66 is dumb, lazy writing. The final fight scene between Obi-Wan and Anakin is over the top, try-hard, fake looking, and silly. Anakin's transformation to Darth Vader is unbelievable and neuters the iconic villain we see in the original trilogy. "ANAKIN, YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART". "FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL". "NOOOOOO". There's just so much suck in this movie - possibly no more or less than the two that came before - but the difference is the suck actually bleeds into the original trilogy as Lucas desperately tries to fit the two trilogies together. It was like watching a child try to hammer a square brick into a round hole. I did like the Emperor though, he was so tacky and fun.

There were good things about the prequel trilogy but I think most of them could be attributed to anybody but Lucas. The man had too much power and nobody to reign him in. TFA has problems but it's miles ahead of anything Lucas did with Eps1-3

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Warning: unpopular prequel rant ahead

IMO The Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels (I don't necessarily mean that as a compliment). Despite Jar Jar, it's the only one that feels/looks like a film, and even if the plot is tedious/dull it is at least coherent enough to make sense. The music and visual design aesthetic is great - I love the Naboo starfighters and the pod racers. It easily has the best lightsaber fight in the prequel trilogy, too.

AotC is a hot mess. Visually it's so unappealing, it's so digital and fake looking with some of the worst green screen (blue screen?) I've seen in a mainstream movie. The only positive I can think of from AotC is the sequence in the rain with Obi-Wan and Jango Fett, and even that's got problems. The love subplot is so poorly done it's embarrassing to watch. As soon as he gets his lightsaber out, Yoda is pretty much ruined. Perhaps worst of all it's boring.

I'll never understand how anybody can objectively argue that RotS is better than any of the entries from the original trilogy, just because it's 'dark'. The tone is all over the place, especially the opening. Order 66 is dumb, lazy writing. The final fight scene between Obi-Wan and Anakin is over the top, try-hard, fake looking, and silly. Anakin's transformation to Darth Vader is unbelievable and neuters the iconic villain we see in the original trilogy. "ANAKIN, YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART". "FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL". "NOOOOOO". There's just so much suck in this movie - possibly no more or less than the two that came before - but the difference is the suck actually bleeds into the original trilogy as Lucas desperately tries to fit the two trilogies together. It was like watching a child try to hammer a square brick into a round hole. I did like the Emperor though, he was so tacky and fun.

There were good things about the prequel trilogy but I think most of them could be attributed to anybody but Lucas. The man had too much power and nobody to reign him in. TFA has problems but it's miles ahead of anything Lucas did with Eps1-3
The point being, many years later you're on a forum discussing it.

Star Wars is an event. Every episode creating debate and controversy, argument and praise. Nothing comes close to what some almost see as a religion.

Personally, I enjoyed every single one.

Star Wars is an event. Every episode creating debate and controversy, argument and praise. Nothing comes close to what some almost see as a religion.

Not quite, my point was I think TPM is better than the other prequels. Agree Star Wars is an event - they've been deified - for many (myself included) the original trilogy was a gateway to film. What sequel/prequel can ever really live up to that?

People like to attack George Lucas, but don't forget without him we would not have star wars. George Lucas is star wars, it's his creation, his vision. He told the story how he wanted to tell it. I really don't get the massive hate for the prequels.

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Just pre-ordered this - will keep an eye on the design as we get closer to release date.

Enough has been said about the prequels, I tend to think of them as an alternate universe approach to the same story. Sort of Burton's Batman compared to Nolan's, the same story but stylistically and thematically very different. Somewhere in my heart I'd hope that Disney decide to tell Anakins story again, but based in the Star Wars Universe and not political CGI cartoon land. I agree when people say Lucas is Star Wars - but A New Hope was a lucky accident imo due to the strain he was put under... he's not a great film-maker.

For me The Force Awakens is better than A New Hope, but not as good as Empire or Jedi.

Off to see this again tonight - can't wait to get my hands on the steel.

People like to attack George Lucas, but don't forget without him we would not have star wars. George Lucas is star wars, it's his creation, his vision. He told the story how he wanted to tell it. I really don't get the massive hate for the prequels.

I have always liked George Lucas as a storyteller and it's true Star Wars is his creation. The way I remember he planned 12 Star Wars episodes originally and this could very well happend. I respect him, but he definitely wasn't in his element when directing the prequels. More than 20 years had passed since first Star Wars and it really showed.

I agree. Without going into too much detail, personally I'm neither a prequel protester or apologist.

Regardless of whether Star Wars is original or not (not according to some), George Lucas shared his vision with us and has entertained generations for nearly four decades and will continue to do so until the end of time. Highly enjoyed TFW and can't wait for the next instalments. :thumbs:

so that is a yes and no answer george lucas actually it was nothing he ever created himself in the sense of pure creation fully.
read
http://www.nndb.com/people/513/000022447/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Dean_Foster
http://www.starwars.com/news/original-trilogy-novelizations-a-look-back

anyway i could go on all day long but ill leave it there this thread is getting to clogged up with the ifs and buts

How about people just talk about the steel????

people want to go talk about films etc there is a thread below for that

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...s-december-18-2015.25898/page-44#post-1596841

basil :thumbs:

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18

I don't subscribe to this, George Lucas is not Star Wars. We certainly have George to thank for the initial idea/concept, but attributing the success of Star Wars to Lucas alone is a disservice to the team of talented artists and special FX gurus that designed the iconic ships and creatures that have since become entrenched in popular culture. Not to mention the writing of Kasdan and direction of Kershner/Marquand. The massive hate for the prequels is justified and well documented - no movie is perfect but the issues most fans have with the prequels are plentiful and objective for the most part. To be honest though, I'm envious that you're able to enjoy them.

George is an incredible businessman but a questionable artist. I'm glad the franchise is no longer in his hands.

Reactions: psychoscot
I have always liked George Lucas as a storyteller and it's true Star Wars is his creation. The way I remember he planned 12 Star Wars episodes originally and this could very well happend. I respect him, but he definitely wasn't in his element when directing the prequels. More than 20 years had passed since first Star Wars and it really showed.
George lucas once mentioned the future of all star wars movies as being "3d"
Bad news, zavvi have updated their listing description and confirmed this is 2D only, no 3D mentioned. Will cancel my order, not paying 25 squid for this.....
George lucas once mentioned the future for "Star Wars" movies as being "3d" as a logical step forward in bringing the overall experience closer to the audience ! But like the other director of "lotr", there is a clear agenda to rip there fans/customers off by bringing out "extended" & "3d" editions later on after everyone has bought the "vanilla" version's ! No "3D", NO BUY !!!! Will cancel in a heart beat ! Not Zavvi's fault, this is "Disney/Lucas" !
Edit:- Have now cancelled; decided to wait 10yrs when they release the "3d" version.

Last edited:
George Lucas created the original Star Wars it was his creation he wrote the story which originally covered all the 3 films as 1 film which he later broke down into 3 separate screenplays for 3 films

Lucas began writing Star Wars in January 1973, "eight hours a day, five days a week
He then decided to re do the screenplay to cover the first Star Wars film
He wrote four different screenplays for Star Wars

He yes got other writers to do the novelization of the films that not the same as the film creation and final screenplay as in what you seen on the screen
Star Wars 1977 Screenplay was written and directed by George Lucas

A novel is different to a screenplay and film and lot of the time can be different to what you seen on the screen these novels were created from the screenplay drafts provided to the writer that george lucas gave them

Novelization Books
Star Wars 1977 (Alan Dean Foster)
Empire Strikes Back 1980 (Donald F. Glut)
Return of the Jedi 1983 (James Kahn)

Last edited:
Reactions: lights
George Lucas created the original Star Wars it was his creation he wrote the story which originally covered all the 3 films as 1 film which he later broke down into 3 separate screenplays for 3 films

But there is always this scene which makes me question if he really did write three stories originally......

empire-strikes-back-09_610.jpg