Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - In theaters December 18, 2015

Gaveecho

Premium Supporter
Nov 22, 2011
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Tagline: The Force Lives On...

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]J.J. Abrams[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max von Sydow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Mayhew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lupita Nyong'o[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Warwick Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Grunberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maisie Richardson-Sellers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miltos Yerolemou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pip Andersen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dixie Arnold[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Chong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Henwick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billie Catherine Lourd[/ACTOR]

Plot: A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas, set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
lPMLNr8IEvwRMy36sPd5Zw6dk6D.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

[/media]

sw-fa-728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you enjoyed it, knew you would.
I've had two great cinema experinces this year and all because of being a kid. This and Jurassic world.
Jurassic park was one of the first (I think it was the first actually) that I see at the cinema and then growing up with the original Star Wars and getting to see the last 3 in the cinema and although I do love the last 3 they are terrible in places so for me this was more like the originals and glad I see it at the cinema.
The captain phasma thing was weird but I have a feeling some of these characters that had loads of promotion but not much screen time will be in a few films so I hope we see more of them (kinda like when you look back at boba fett and things like that. Even jabba the hut - wasn't till the third film you see most of him) and obviously with snoke and Luke etc

I was also a little annoyed the raid gus didn't get a fight or a bit more of them.

And I was hoping for at least 10 mins of Luke at the end but now it gives me hope he's pretty much in the whole next film and maybe more

R2 waking up randomly with a missing piece of the puzzle was also a bit lame lol and although the film wasn't as imaginative as It should of been with similarities to a new hope and the rest being slightly predicable I still thought it was a breathe of fresh air especially for Star Wars in general which may not make sense lol but does to me.

I mignt even go see this again after Christmas. I was lucky on the day only having a few people in the cinema and now every day it's packed out (at my crappy lil cinema) becuase kids are off school for Christmas.

Couldn't agree more mate.

If you watch it again, i really do recommend catching it in Imax 3D if possible, words can't describe, the 3D isn't in your face, except for one short scene but you feel as though you are in the movie.

I agree with you guys completely, but I think there wasn't any music that stood out quite like these:

I agree. But I think I know why.

Yodas theme sounds like it could fit into a film like Ben Hur. And it's just a familiar sound from that era.

The first three songs are from epic battle sequences of significance, being prequels to the original trilogy. From all the fight sequences in Force Awakens, I can't really think of where such an epic theme could be applied. What they did do in Force Awakens is lower the volume of the music and increase the sound of the light sabers / lazers which I much prefer. Those sound fx were music to my ears in this one.

Reactions: Bagman99
I agree. But I think I know why.

Yodas theme sounds like it could fit into a film like Ben Hur. And it's just a familiar sound from that era.

The first three songs are from epic battle sequences of significance, being prequels to the original trilogy. From all the fight sequences in Force Awakens, I can't really think of where such an epic theme could be applied. What they did do in Force Awakens is lower the volume of the music and increase the sound of the light sabers / lazers which I much prefer. Those sound fx were music to my ears in this one.

Very true haha. Yeah the sound effects were amazing that's for sure. For me music is #1 that's probably why I love the prequels lol haha. Its not a big deal its just I WISH THERE WAS AN EPIC BATTLE THEME LOL. :thumbs::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Reactions: InAFalsetto
For those of you who have seen the film what did you guys think about the music? I thought beginning and ending were good. I just thought the middle was a bit mediocre and not as good as the prequels and originals. Like there was no memorable themes like Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars or Battle of the Heroes from the predecessors. The music was nowhere near terrible it was actually well done, but just not as good as the other 6 films. What are your guys's thoughts?

This was something I noticed as well and wondered if it was just that I didn't pick up on it, but a few of my mates have said the same.

Another aspect of the film that I found disappointing and though I did enjoy it overall, there were too many things that stopped it being the Star Wars film I wanted and though a lot of people did enjoy, a number of other people have also felt disappointed.

But hey, that's just my opinion

For those of you who have seen the film what did you guys think about the music? I thought beginning and ending were good. I just thought the middle was a bit mediocre and not as good as the prequels and originals. Like there was no memorable themes like Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars or Battle of the Heroes from the predecessors. The music was nowhere near terrible it was actually well done, but just not as good as the other 6 films. What are your guys's thoughts?

There were few I loved very much like Rey's theme and the Jedi steps, both of these were extremely beautiful scores. Force Awakens soundtrack maybe not the best of all 7, but as a whole package it was awesome. I rather have great film with decent soundtrack than weak film with great soundtrack.

Reactions: Basil
This was something I noticed as well and wondered if it was just that I didn't pick up on it, but a few of my mates have said the same.

Another aspect of the film that I found disappointing and though I did enjoy it overall, there were too many things that stopped it being the Star Wars film I wanted and though a lot of people did enjoy, a number of other people have also felt disappointed.

But hey, that's just my opinion

Yeah it felt a bit downgraded from the others. I think it didn't have quite that spark that George Lucas gave star wars, but regardless I thought it was a great fun film for sure.

There were few I loved very much like Rey's theme and the Jedi steps, both of these were extremely beautiful scores. Force Awakens soundtrack maybe not the best of all 7, but as a whole package it was awesome. I rather have great film with decent soundtrack than weak film with great soundtrack.

Yes I agree its not bad, just okay out of the 7 films, but I will watch the movie many times regardless the soundtrack haha. Its just for me Star Wars has always been big on music that's why I was expecting something spectacular. :D

Pity Duel Of Fates belongs to a film that makes my blood boil and want to torture George Lucas slowly and painfully!

F**K you Lucas I'll never forgive you,

God bless you JJ! THAT'S how you do a PROPER Star Wars film.

Anyway back to the steelbook. Sort it out I want 3D!!!

Pity Duel Of Fates belongs to a film that makes my blood boil and want to torture George Lucas slowly and painfully!

Sorry I'm one of the people that adored the prequels and ignore all the hate for them. George Lucas is a genius in my opinion and I thank him so much as I was brought up with the prequels and those are the first films that made me want to become a filmmaker. ;):LOL::drool::thumbs: Although the originals are amazing as well. :thumbs:

But anyways I hope the steelbook is amazing and a 3D disc is irrelevant to me. :happy:

One more comment.

I was so pissed off seeing The Phantom Menace and especially seeing Jar Jar Binks. Also, Lucas had a great list of actors like Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson and Natalie Portman in his movie and totally wasted them. The directing and acting is so terrible, makes you feel sick. Add to this mess the most annoying douche bag creature you have ever seen, Jar Jar Binks and you got a great pile of manure. One guy pulled it off, John Williams.

Last edited:
One more comment.

I was so pissed off seeing The Phantom Menace and especially seeing Jar Jar Binks. Also, Lucas had a great list of actors like Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson and Natalie Portman in his movie and totally wasted them. The directing and acting is so terrible, makes you feel sick. Add to this mess the most annoying douche bag creature you have ever seen, Jar Jar Binks and you got a great pile of manure. One guy pulled it off, John Williams.

I love the Phantom Menace!!! :LOL::rofl::D:p:joy:

Sorry I'm one of the people that adored the prequels and ignore all the hate for them. George Lucas is a genius in my opinion and I thank him so much as I was brought up with the prequels and those are the first films that made me want to become a filmmaker. ;):LOL::drool::thumbs: Although the originals are amazing as well. :thumbs:

But anyways I hope the steelbook is amazing and a 3D disc is irrelevant to me. :happy:

Interesting, you want to be a filmmaker based on terrible acting, atrocious scripts, bad pacing and woeful dialogue. Remind me never to watch anything you make lol.

Still he did make wonderful 2 hour toy adverts, so maybe a job in Toys R US marketing division is right up your street.

Reactions: Flloydo
Interesting, you want to be a filmmaker based on terrible acting, atrocious scripts, bad pacing and woeful dialogue. Remind me never to watch anything you make lol.

Still he did make wonderful 2 hour toy adverts, so maybe a job in Toys R US marketing division is right up your street.

I know the prequels have there flaws. I was just thinking of them as fun films lol. I think you didn't quite understand what I said. They were the first films that made me want to make films as to me they were so awesome to me lol. Now that I'm older my stuff will be more mature, the prequels are more aimed for kids, but hell I still love them.:)

I'm only 20 and the last prequel was a decade ago I was a kid then lol. Didn't know anything about script writing or anything lol haha.

I know the prequels have there flaws. I was just thinking of them as fun films lol. I think you didn't quite understand what I said. They were the first films that made me want to make films as to me they were so awesome to me lol. Now that I'm older my stuff will be more mature, the prequels are more aimed for kids, but hell I still love them.:)

I'm only 20 and the last prequel was a decade ago I was a kid then lol. Didn't know anything about script writing or anything lol haha.

I'll let you off this one time lol

Reactions: Bagman99
The IMDB rating is taking the mick though ... 8.8/10 ? what ? it's not on the same level as Interstellar.

I would give it a 8/10 it is definitely the best one overall for me. As the VFX / SFX on the previous star wars films are dated.

Imdb rating often starts way too high, slowly dropping and dropping. I remember when Avengers Age of Ultron had 8.5, but now it is 7.6. Mad Max Fury Road was 9.0, now 8.2. I would expect Force Awakens to drop somewhere between 8.0 - 8.5.

As for the best Star Wars movie , I have always liked the Empire most. Force Awakens was great, but for me it will not ever go ahead of the original trilogy movies, not even the Jedi. My order would look like this.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Return Of The Jedi
4 .The Force Awakens
5. Revenge Of The Sith
6. Attack Of The Clones
7. The Phantom Menace

Imdb rating often starts way too high, slowly dropping and dropping. I remember when Avengers Age of Ultron had 8.5, but now it is 7.6. Mad Max Fury Road was 9.0, now 8.2. I would expect Force Awakens to drop somewhere between 8.0 - 8.5.

As for the best Star Wars movie , I have always liked the Empire most. Force Awakens was great, but for me it will not ever go ahead of the original trilogy movies, not even the Jedi. My order would look like this.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Return Of The Jedi
4 .The Force Awakens
5. Revenge Of The Sith
6. Attack Of The Clones
7. The Phantom Menace

Damn mine looks like this:
1.The Phantom Menace, Attack Of The Clones, Revenge Of The Sith, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi, The Force Awakens :thumbs::D:p:drool::rofl:

For Music:
1. Revenge Of The Sith
2. Return Of The Jedi
3. A New Hope
4. The Phantom Menace
5.Empire Strikes Back
6. Attack Of The Clones
7.The Force Awakens

Some I would say are tied lol.

Damn mine looks like this:
1.The Phantom Menace, Attack Of The Clones, Revenge Of The Sith, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi, The Force Awakens :thumbs::D:p:drool::rofl:

Yes we all have our own favorites. When I was child Return of the Jedi had come out and it was the first Star Wars movie for me. I was very young when I saw it from rental VHS, but I have crystal clear memories of it. This is were it all started. Only some years later I saw the whole OT trilogy. Episodes IV-VI are sacred to me, much more than just bunch of films among others. A big part of my life has spent throughout these movies and I have seen them hundreds of times.

Yes we all have our own favorites. When I was child Return of the Jedi had come out and it was the first Star Wars movie for me. I was very young when I saw it from rental VHS, but I have crystal clear memories of it. This is were it all started. Only some years later I saw the whole OT trilogy. Episodes IV-VI are sacred to me, much more than just bunch of films among others. A big part of my life has spent throughout these movies and I have seen them hundreds of times.

That's so awesome. Maybe my views of Star Wars would change if I grew up around those movies, but I didn't so prequels did it for me lol hahaha. :thumbs:

That would be funny if the back artwork to the mockup was a pic of Luke with a beard lol hahahaha.