USA
Release date: 6th July, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly not much love for this steelbook which is fair enough and voicing our varied opinions is what we are all here for when all is said and done.
Personally I can't wait to see it in the flesh as I feel, if done properly, this is potentially a winner and one of the best steelbooks of the year so far.
Looks like they've gone the extra mile on this compared to 1 and 3 which look flat by comparison and it is nice that there is consistency in colour and image on all three.

Last edited:
I know people love the Kimchidvd T2 steelbook, but the border cuts right through Schwarzenegger and Judgment Day - that and 'T2' rather than Terminator 2 left me underwhelmed. I'll take the old Euro version or the Best Buy (that I know many people don't like) for looks and/or price.
I actually think the Best buy ca steel is the best front design
I think a blue steel metal with that T-800 with Terminator 2 Judgement day embossed and a 3D effect flame slip cover would be marvellous.
Back artwork should be Arnie on a bike with his shotgun.
Nice to want things thou
Also that artwork is actually from a movie poster

tumblr_m2qnaajSVq1r3n0hwo4_1280.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the reason we don't get any decent covers with Arni on is cost related, I expect that they would have to pay Arni to use his likeness which would have been in his original contract.

I have the old Skynet edition and I'm holding off depending on what it is like in the flesh and more importantly that it has a title.

200 copies remaining of this and T3 according to Zavvi. I wonder how they can proclaim these figures, because surely if this thread is anything to go by they haven't sold a hundred let alone nearly the allocation for this print-run.

200 copies remaining of this and T3 according to Zavvi. I wonder how they can proclaim these figures, because surely if this thread is anything to go by they haven't sold a hundred let alone nearly the allocation for this print-run.

I think that's assuming that HDN play a big part in steelbooks when realistically only a fraction of collectors have ever heard of this forum, a simple google of related terms will tell you there's dozens of other forums out there which are just as popular, then you have facebook groups as well and of course people on here who don't care to give an opinion. Then also the people who don't use any kind of social media, they simple buy films they like from zavvi. With zavvi posting worldwide 2000 isn't very many at all, even if the artwork isn't to everyone's taste, it's still a much sought after film.

I think that's assuming that HDN play a big part in steelbooks when realistically only a fraction of collectors have ever heard of this forum, a simple google of related terms will tell you there's dozens of other forums out there which are just as popular, then you have facebook groups as well and of course people on here who don't care to give an opinion. Then also the people who don't use any kind of social media, they simple buy films they like from zavvi. With zavvi posting worldwide 2000 isn't very many at all, even if the artwork isn't to everyone's taste, it's still a much sought after film.

True. I always thought Steelbooks were niche as anyone outside of HDN and the other forums seem to have never heard of them but then I suppose some collectors aren't forum users. Also the print-run is unspecified which leads me to believe this is 4000+.

Another zavvi tactic. Trying to convice us it's sold out. I don't think so zavvi haha
And the artwork is horrible compared to other T2 steelbooks out there.
Its not Sold Out
Its has been available to pre order since 12pm on Saturday and as of yet has not sold out

Paul, it went to 'Sold Out' at 1am early this morning, it has since come back up for pre-order a few hours ago with the new placeholder release date.
That's different and I can understand if some thought it was sold out
It must have been only for a few min while they updated the site which they do on occasions temporally remove a listing to update a listing as do other retailer websites

I was online until 5am this morning and at 2am/3am it was not listed as sold out