USA
Release date: 6th July, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will give my opinion on the steelbook when its in hand as I never go by a mock up artwork as that can be either amazing or bad but in hand can be different

If this is a StudioCanal release its most likely to be a gloss finish
embossing/debossing though is not something StudioCanal usually do and only a few of their previous releases have had embossing/debossing
City of God
Withnail and I
Rush
Paddington
Aviator

The majority of their steelbooks did not have any embossing

This could end up looking lot better than we expected
If this is from StudioCanal it will have a title on the spine and you can ignore that the mock up don't show a title on the spine

This is still a very popular film and is the reason why its getting a release as a steelbook in a few countries and will sell a lot

It would be nice for a change if StudioCanal did do some embossing or debossing with a gloss finish or spot gloss finish
I await to see this in the flesh before I say if I like it or not

Last edited:
Reactions: lights
I will give my opinion on the steelbook when its in hand as I never go by a mock up artwork as that can be either amazing or bad but in hand can be different

embossing/debossing though is not something StudioCanal usually do and only a few of their previous releases have had embossing/debossing
City of God
Withnail and I
Rush
Paddington
Aviator

If this is from StudioCanal it will have a title on the spine and you can ignore that the mock up don't show a title on the spine

This is still a very popular film and is the reason why its getting a release as a steelbook in a few countries and will sell a lot

It would be nice for a change if StudioCanal did do some embossing or debossing with a gloss finish or spot gloss finish

Most of my StudioCanal steelbooks are matte finish. I only have a few that are glossy.

Most of my StudioCanal steelbooks are matte finish. I only have a few that are glossy.
You must have not purchased that many from last year then as the majority were a gloss finish
The ones released in 2013 were mostly matte finish but nearly all of 2014 from the summer time and so far most of 2015 have been a gloss finish

Why doesnt it say SCHWARZENEGGER on top of the picture and then T2: Judgement day on the bottom? And just black on the spine?? This feels very cheap and the back is also very undeveloped for all that space which could feature awesome artwork

Why doesnt it say SCHWARZENEGGER on top of the picture and then T2: Judgement day on the bottom? And just black on the spine?? This feels very cheap and the back is also very undeveloped for all that space which could feature awesome artwork
The photo is only a mock up its not an actual photo of the steelbook it will look different when in hand
Its best to wait till we see actual in hand photos or videos to know what it will actually look like

City of God
Withnail and I
Rush
Paddington
Aviator

I expect this to be the exactly same disc as the Skynet Edition in the UK which was also StudioCanal.
Although Zavvi has Sony as the publisher, which is odd as Sony/MGM only published T1/3 and Salvation.

It's a mock up, Zavvi had obvious mockups before and they've completely changed just before release

I expect this to be the exactly same disc as the Skynet Edition in the UK which was also StudioCanal.
Although Zavvi has Sony as the publisher, which is odd as Sony/MGM only published T1/3 and Salvation.
The Film is distributed by TriStar Pictures which is part of Sony
Terminator is MGM/Fox
Terminator 2 is Carolco Pictures/TriStar Pictures
Terminator 3 Distribution International is through Colombia Pictures which is part of Sony
Terminator Salvation Distribution International is through Colombia Pictures which is part of Sony
Terminator Genisys is a Paramount Picture

The distribution rights though up to now for the UK for Terminator 2 is StudioCanal and Lionsgate in USA

I expect though this still to be a StudioCanal release unless the distribution has passed to TriStar Pictures (Sony) for the UK

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
I'm surprised the first three movies got steelbook reboots but 'Salvation' didn't?
Its more likely because Salvation its not an Arnold Schwarzenegger film
The re releases are a cash in and tie in with the release of Terminator Genisys as they have Arnold Schwarzenegger in these films

But its possible at some stage you might see another Salvation steelbook get another release

Its more likely because Salvation its not an Arnold Schwarzenegger film
The re releases are a cash in and tie in with the release of Terminator Genisys as they have Arnold Schwarzenegger in these films

But its possible at some stage you might see another Salvation steelbook get another release

Genesys is a Sequel to T3 if i remember correctly. They have ignored the events of Salvation.

Last edited:
The Film is distributed by TriStar Pictures which is part of Sony
Terminator is MGM/Fox
Terminator 2 is Carolco Pictures/TriStar Pictures
Terminator 3 Distribution International is through Colombia Pictures which is part of Sony
Terminator Salvation Distribution International is through Colombia Pictures which is part of Sony
Terminator Genisys is a Paramount Picture

The distribution rights though up to now for the UK for Terminator 2 is StudioCanal and Lionsgate in USA

I expect though this still to be a StudioCanal release unless the distribution has passed to TriStar Pictures (Sony) for the UK
Theres a box set being released too by Sony, you think that contains the studiocanal release too?

Theres a box set being released too by Sony, you think that contains the studiocanal release too?
Yes there is a Box set with all 4 films
Released Today 8th of June by Sony
Someone will have purchased it so will should know soon what Blu-ray Disc is in the Box set for Terminator 2
That Disc is what will be in the Steelbook

Edit a review of the Box Set on Amazon UK a customer he/she says
Just one note T2 is not the skynet edition

So its possible its the new USA Version been talked about
How reliable this person is on the review of the Box Set I don't know

Last edited:
Yes there is a Box set with all 4 films
Released Today 8th of June by Sony
Someone will have purchased it so will should know soon what Blu-ray Disc is in the Box set for Terminator 2
That Disc is what will be in the Steelbook

Edit a review of the Box Set on Amazon UK a customer he/she says
Just one note T2 is not the skynet edition

So its possible its the new USA Version been talked about
How reliable this person is on the review of the Box Set I don't know
Yeah it sound like it the USA version or this one

51rRYsznesL.jpg

Which is 153 mind which is the extended version, I'm just hoping it's a new AVC code of the SE edition really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it sound like it the USA version or this one
View attachment 166414
Which is 153 mind which is the extended version, I'm just hoping it's a new AVC code of the SE edition really.
We really don't know what version we are getting with this Steelbook
It could be a StudioCanal or a Sony Release
Until one of us gets delivery of the steelbook we wont know for sure what Disc we are getting

True. I always thought Steelbooks were niche as anyone outside of HDN and the other forums seem to have never heard of them but then I suppose some collectors aren't forum users. Also the print-run is unspecified which leads me to believe this is 4000+.

It says 2k on the zavvi product page, if that actually means anything :D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley