The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Release Date: September 1st, 2014
Price: £16.99 - £9.99
Link: http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/the-amazing-spider-man-2-(2)
Group Buy: Masterblaster or Naughtius Maximus

Notes: 2D Only, Confirmed to be Embossed
0E53F9A6-A841-4459-991B-960CF7690A71_zpsxc396gas.jpg

Other Artwork:
3A4BAF21-3C19-4EEF-B5FE-978F6A3AC63F_zpscb7xwpac.jpg

E72E651E-A85C-45D7-B4C6-1EA9D9A16308_zpsxynyktwi.jpg

5B577C45-F8E8-4AB5-85E9-0A5BB5CFA285_zpsu3oy2wt8.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,449
Last edited:
What a badly designed steelbook, it almost deserves to end up in a bargain bin, 3 for £20 HMV offer.

If you were shopping for this film in store on release day, you'd probably pick up the amaray instead.

What a badly designed steelbook, it almost deserves to end up in a bargain bin, 3 for £20 HMV offer.

If you were shopping for this film in store on release day, you'd probably pick up the amaray instead.

Despite the face that this would have looked better if it was full fitting, i still very much like this steel book and i look forward to picking it up on monday :)

I don't think I'll be making it into the shops today, any Irish members know if HMV have this one in store this morning??

Yup, there is indeed. Rang and reserved a copy yesterday evening at the Dundrum branch.
The staff member told me that they only got 2 copies in total!! Not sure about any of the other branches but if you're near the one in Dundrum there is definitely one copy left out on the shelves (as I type this).
The great news however is that unlike majority of their other steels that are ridiculously overpriced this is a fairly decent €22.99 (which ain't bad for a new release)

Has it got the extra bonus features included in the disk?
Looks like the uk got shafted to me. Not happy if the extra content is not on the disk

• Informative
Reactions: hellboydce1
Think I'm going to cancel my order. Not happy about this. Well done HMV!!!
Or if someone can confirm that all bonus content is on the one disc then I can live with that.

Hmmm, how come Ireland are getting it today? You guys got a different release date to us or have you just been allowed to take it home early?

Not sure why, but I ain't complaining :) A HMV staff member simply told me that new releases due out on Monday get released on Friday.
When I worked in retail years ago in a similar environment we had strict rules about breaking release dates. We had to keep an eye on local competitors and if they broke the release date early we tended to follow suit.

Has it got the extra bonus features included in the disk?
Looks like the uk got shafted to me. Not happy if the extra content is not on the disk

Thankfully there are special features on the single disc. Directors commentary, 13 deleted scenes, 100 minute making of, and a music video. I seriously wouldn't be bummed out too much by the lack of the bonus disc. As someone mentioned in another thread it's solely a few more deleted scenes and it's only on a DVD too. yes the lack of 3D sucks but I ain't paying premium price to get the Korean or Indian copies to be honest.

Not sure why, but I ain't complaining :) A HMV staff member simply told me that new releases due out on Monday get released on Friday.
When I worked in retail years ago in a similar environment we had strict rules about breaking release dates. We had to keep an eye on local competitors and if they broke the release date early we tended to follow suit.

Thankfully there are special features on the single disc. Directors commentary, 13 deleted scenes, 100 minute making of, and a music video. I seriously wouldn't be bummed out too much by the lack of the bonus disc. As someone mentioned in another thread it's solely a few more deleted scenes and it's only on a DVD too. yes the lack of 3D sucks but I ain't paying premium price to get the Korean or Indian copies to be honest.

Cheers, I didn't realise the bonus disk was DVD. I'm interested to see what the extra deleted scenes are tho.

Cheers, I didn't realise the bonus disk was DVD. I'm interested to see what the extra deleted scenes are tho.

The bonus disc is only a DVD in the Indian release. In the German, French and Dutch releases, the bonus disc is a Blu-ray. I've posted on the subject of the extras in the thread for the German release.

The bonus disc is only a DVD in the Indian release. In the German, French and Dutch releases, the bonus disc is a Blu-ray. I've posted on the subject of the extras in the thread for the German release.

Just read your posts in the German thread. So we still don't know what the bonus disk holds on the German release. Wish they would announce these things earlier on.