The Conjuring (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 15, 2011
Oxfordshire, UK
Release date: 9 December 2013
Price: £17.49
Purchase link: The Conjuring
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook limited to 4000 copies. Includes matt emboss finish with embossed title treatment and noose.
Warner=should be region free.

conjuring further pics.jpg

Current arwork on site

10837105-1375270443-294058.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 492
Last edited by a moderator:
Warner bros blu-rays usually B locked or ?? I have a multi-region player, but my friend wants a copy, but he does not, only region A.

Ya I have heard a lot of good things about this movie, have not seen it myself, but I am gonna blind buy this one. I also love matte steelbooks, seems like a lot of people don't like them, why is that? I have heard some people say that the quality on matte is poor, or maybe the finish does not take well to the steelbook??

Matte steelbooks seem to be more prone to chipping. People also like the premium finish that a glossy steelbook gives.

Reactions: djprodikis
£17.49 sounds like a reduced price based on the first page of this thread. Ordered another steel... what else would I be doing?

Watched this before at the cinema. Great Horror, one of the best I've seen in years. I've whacked a pre order in just incase this one takes off in the coming weeks. I would recommend checking this one out at the cinema!

Reactions: nekromantik
I was referring to Cape Fear and Shutter Island, two gorgeously shot films. While The Conjuring wasn't that nicely shot, it is still probably the best looking horror film I can think of coming out of America that wasn't done by Kubrick or Scorsese.

i have seen Cape Fear and so i totally agree about the typically great camera work in Scorsese's films :thumbs:

....but i find it amazingly bizarre how u classify Cape Fear & Shutter Island as Horror :alien:

This James Wan guy is shaping up to be a director with a really good résumé.

I'm not a fan of horror movies at all - when it comes to this genre I'm one of those guys who mostly likes films à la Scream, Cabin in the Woods or Tucker & Dale vs. Evil. But I do love the first Saw (which he also wrote) and Insidious (which he also edited). Haven't seen Death Sentence and Dead Silence, but the fact that this Conjuring is apparently so great is impressive - there aren't many prolific horror directors, maybe Wan is this generation's Wes Craven.

Anyway, I pre-ordered. I was hoping an Insidious steelbook would pop up before Insidious: Chapter 2's release (13th September in the UK), but it seems like a long shot now. Maybe in 4 months for the sequel's BR release (which I expect to get the steelbook treatment) will someone also come up with a steelbook for the first one.