The Custom Lenticular and Art Cards thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi all, we added this thread, so you can showcase any customs you have made with lenticulars or other art cards. Please post them here, so our regular Steelbook threads stay focused on the title as released. No trading. Thanks!

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I have now fixed the image links - the are now using the images I uploaded to my album on here.

These are all immense how do you do it? :)

Hi Flash,

Thanks for your interest. I have explained how the custom printed ones are made here
Other ones are made from existing dvd/bluray slips, that come with regular amaray releases.
The ones I just posted were all custom printed.
If you need anything else, feel free to ask...

Alright, here's the rest...

I made one for one of my top 5 favorite movies of ALL TIME...Fight Club:

image.jpg
image.jpg

I REALLY like this one for 300. It was designed by my good buddy, Apollon. NICE JOB, FARÈS!!!

image.jpg
image.jpg

And last but certainly NOT least...I HAD to make one for my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE Super Hero...The Incredible Hulk. I made this one horizontal, because it will be going on my Play.com horizontal steelbook. I had this one made before Snapily got their new printer, so the two images bleed into each other a little bit. However, I think with this one, it works out VERY WELL!!!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Stay tuned for more to come!!!

These new sets of Lenticulars are Fantastic djs1401 and mlmaier84!
I really am going to have to set aside a little time to have a go at making a few myself.

Reactions: mlmaier84
@Apollon

@djs1401

Are you cutting your own corners or letting snapily do the work? Just curious to see if you've tried it their way :)

On my last two batches of orders, I let snapily do it - the radius they use is perfect for steelbooks.
But if I order smaller ones to fit inside embossed borders, then I will be leaving them square from now on, as the radius used is too big for them.

@Apollon

On my last two batches of orders, I let snapily do it - the radius they use is perfect for steelbooks.
But if I order smaller ones to fit inside embossed borders, then I will be leaving them square from now on, as the radius used is too big for them.

Thanks Daryl for the info :), guess I'll do the same for my next order then.

Great work Mathew.
Really like the Thor's - you have given me inspiration for a 3D one.
Thanks buddy :D

If your going to try the 3D PSD ones one word of advice would be keep it simple I've had a couple made via mehbeh (Mat's probably seen them) and there isn't much depth to them :( Have a go at the sequence ones I've done a few but haven't got anybody to have them made yet :hilarious:

@zesty @djs1401 Hey fellas, if you guys have/use Macs, I suggest you give their 3D software a go (download through snapily), it has a free trial version fully functional for a couple of months. I've had good results and I'm not even close to being a graphic designer :LOL: Just learned my way through trial and error and I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome, will be posting the results here once they're in my hands :happy:

• Informative
Reactions: WKRP and mlmaier84
@zesty @djs1401 Hey fellas, if you guys have/use Macs, I suggest you give their 3D software a go (download through snapily), it has a free trial version fully functional for a couple of months. I've had good results and I'm not even close to being a graphic designer :LOL: Just learned my way through trial and error and I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome, will be posting the results here once they're in my hands :happy:

@Apollon unfortunately I had 2 days of email ping pong with snapily saying that but I don't do mac so until they do something windows based I'll keep out of it ;)
Why did I take the time to learn 3DS :hilarious: