The Custom Lenticular and Art Cards thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi all, we added this thread, so you can showcase any customs you have made with lenticulars or other art cards. Please post them here, so our regular Steelbook threads stay focused on the title as released. No trading. Thanks!

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished making my first two lenticular magnets EVER. Would love to hear some criticism from some of you who've been doing this for awhile (looking at you GT lol). Anyways, here they are:

THE RING:

use5upa3.jpg

e7aryjes.jpg

gu3upypu.jpg

ahapages.jpg

BEETLEJUICE:

me7y2azu.jpg

I REALLY like this lenti because it's one that uses 3 different pictures instead of 2.

e5u9aqyq.jpg

adete4ys.jpg

y4e3yrys.jpg

vegujyqa.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Ok...done.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Custom Lenticular Crew mlmaier84! These both look great and from what I can see there's nothing at all I could criticise. Nice job mate.

Reactions: mlmaier84
Welcome to the Custom Lenticular Crew mlmaier84! These both look great and from what I can see there's nothing at all I could criticise. Nice job mate.

Thanks buddy! The only thing I thought to do differently was to make the Beetlejuice lenti fit the inside of the embossed border of the steelbook. But if I did that, it wouldn't fit flush to the edges. Cutting it down to the size of the inside of the border, cuts through the middle green strip at the top (20th anniversary part). So if I cut ALL of the green strip off, it would be a bit smaller than the emboss border and I think it would look silly. So I decided to leave it covering the entire steel.

Reactions: RMP777
Could you remove any at the bottom without losing too much of the characters and keep the green bar?

Unfortunately this is one of the biggest problems when using Lenticular's from slipcovers. I've had to resize quite a few of mine to remove the blu bar or ratings logos, when really I would have preferred to have a full size lenticular. I think djs1401 is onto a winner though, getting the Lenticular's printed to whatever size is required and also being able to avoid having any unwanted elements within the artwork. I'm definitely going to look into trying this.

Could you remove any at the bottom without losing too much of the characters and keep the green bar?

Unfortunately this is one of the biggest problems when using Lenticular's from slipcovers. I've had to resize quite a few of mine to remove the blu bar or ratings logos, when really I would have preferred to have a full size lenticular. I think djs1401 is onto a winner though, getting the Lenticular's printed to whatever size is required and also being able to avoid having any unwanted elements within the artwork. I'm definitely going to look into trying this.

Can't cut any off the bottom because that's where the Deets' are. The Deets' (or Deats') being the family that moves in to their house. Good suggestion though and thanks for that!

Can't cut any off the bottom because that's where the Deets' are. The Deets' (or Deats') being the family that moves in to their house. Good suggestion though and thanks for that!

Hiya,

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in:

If you really want, and as RMP777 suggested, you should look into having your own one created.
It is very easy and inexpensive (especially for you living in the USA)
All the details are in this thread here

Let me know if you need anything else...

Hiya,

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in:

If you really want, and as RMP777 suggested, you should look into having your own one created.

It is very easy and inexpensive (especially for you living in the USA)

All the details are in this thread here

Let me know if you need anything else...

Thanks buddy! Funny you say that, because I'm on their website right now making a couple of them. Thanks for all the info!!!

Reactions: djs1401
Thanks buddy! Funny you say that, because I'm on their website right now making a couple of them. Thanks for all the info!!!

Once you get going, it's hard to stop.
I have 10 being printed at the moment, and another 10 in my basket for my next order. I'll wait for payday before ordering them ;)

But I was so impressed with the Hunger Games one, I just had to have some more...

Will you create your own Beetlejuice one, or stick with what you have?

Probably just stick with what I have. At least for now. That BJ slip isn't cheap to come by, so tossing so quickly would suck. I just ordered a lenti for fight club and one for the Incredible Hulk. Eager to see how they come out!

Just finished making my first two lenticular magnets EVER. Would love to hear some criticism from some of you who've been doing this for awhile (looking at you GT lol). Anyways, here they are:
THE RING:

use5upa3.jpg

e7aryjes.jpg

gu3upypu.jpg

ahapages.jpg

BEETLEJUICE:

me7y2azu.jpg

I REALLY like this lenti because it's one that uses 3 different pictures instead of 2.
]
e5u9aqyq.jpg

adete4ys.jpg

y4e3yrys.jpg

vegujyqa.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Ok...done.

omg, the horror. Those were two really nice and desirable slips, Beetleguese in particular. I love the custom lenti's going on here, but now it's just gone too far.

:p

Yes, it came with just a cardboard back. Once it arrived, I mounted it to magnetic vinyl.
I don't plan to make any into slips, just magnets. Magnets are much easier :p

As far as I can tell, you have not yet received your smaller sized lenticulars with the rounded corners.
When you do, I am HIGHLY interested in seeing how they compare to the standard ones that come with many of the German steelbooks for example. If they are the same or very similar in size, I may jump on board myself!

I wonder if anyone here is skilled enough or if it is even possible to make the 3D render of a 2D poster img. Something like these:

13959145533532262.gif

13959876514432054.gif

1398221485857726.gif

If so, I would like to try that company out. Ive had some ideas for a while.

Reactions: schrute farms
I wonder if anyone here is skilled enough or if it is even possible to make the 3D render of a 2D poster img. Something like these:

13959145533532262.gif

13959876514432054.gif

1398221485857726.gif

If so, I would like to try that company out. Ive had some ideas for a while.

They actually do some 3D work. Not sure what exactly, but might be worth 5 minutes of your time to check it out

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

As far as I can tell, you have not yet received your smaller sized lenticulars with the rounded corners.

When you do, I am HIGHLY interested in seeing how they compare to the standard ones that come with many of the German steelbooks for example. If they are the same or very similar in size, I may jump on board myself!

You can make them ANY size you want. It also gives you different sizes for the rounded corners, although I'm getting mine square because I have a corner punch that's the same curvature of a steelbook.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (REMAKE):

u8atuzez.jpg

agy8aru5.jpg

ytegy3uz.jpg

uvaresa9.jpg

Last edited:
You can make them ANY size you want. It also gives you different sizes for the rounded corners, although I'm getting mine square because I have a corner punch that's the same curvature of a steelbook.

When I create mine, it just has the option 'Square Corners' or 'Rounded Corners.'
There is nowhere to select what size round corners you want? Where are you seeing this?
I had to email them, and ask what radius was used for the rounded corners, as I also have a 5mm radius corner punch that I use. But for the smaller ones that fit inside the embossed borders, you need a smaller radius on the corners.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could help me make a decision?
I am creating a lenticular for Tron Legacy, and have come up with 2 designs, but can't decide which one to go for.
Let me know which one you prefer:

Option 1
tron_lenti.gif

Option 2
Tron_Lenti2.gif

Reactions: IRON MAN
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could help me make a decision?
I am creating a lenticular for Tron Legacy, and have come up with 2 designs, but can't decide which one to go for.
Let me know which one you prefer:

Option 1
tron_lenti.gif

Option 2
Tron_Lenti2.gif

I was actually thinking the other day that I would want to do one for my VMB.

Make them both :)

I know that doesn't exactly answer your question but they're both equally good IMO

Reactions: djs1401