Digibook The Dark Knight Rises (Batman/Bane) Target Exclusive Blu-ray Digibook [USA]

herpderp

Collectibles Mod
Premium Supporter
Sep 4, 2011
Sweden
Release Date: December 4, 2012
Price: $31.99
MOD UPDATE: The cover is apparently lenticular, and the 2 photos below show the images that appear when the cover is rotated.
http://www.target.com/p/the-dark-knight-rises-only-at-target-blu-ray-dvd-2012/-/A-14199527

Lenticular cover with both arts:
tdkr2_US.jpg

tdkr1_US.jpg

Actual pics: (tx to tariqd)
View attachment 21523
https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21524/img]
[attach=full]21525[/attach]
[attach=full]21526[/attach]
[attach=full]21527[/attach][/spoiler]

[b]Release trailer:[/b]
[spoiler][media=youtube]OtsDtEkVGrw[/media][/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those "spider" security tags from Target harming the digibooks?

My friend that picked up one stated that none of the spider tags were on the digibooks that he saw - since they were in a display. They were just in a cardboard stand.

Usually at my Target I know that they put them in a larger plastic case, and then the spider tag is around the entire case.

However, that's just my Target...

Reactions: Pieter V
Usually at my Target I know that they put them in a larger plastic case, and then the spider tag is around the entire case.

However, that's just my Target...

Same with my local Target:D

I think they should of put more Glossy pics from the movie, it would've been better then the Crappy drawn comic :cool:

ok.. So the Print run is a bit higher than previously thought. Target sold almost 30,000 copies of this on Tuesday. There are still almost 50,000 on hands.. So the print is at least 80,000.

That's probably still smaller than the Best Buy steelbook run. EEK! :hilarious:

Last edited:
Lol. I agree with you there D - I opened my steelbook yesterday, and in addition to the matte paint, there was a nice mark of missing paint that was hidden by the cardboard overlay.

After seeing pictures of this edition, it does appear that the Target version of TDKR is the one to own...and also seems more limited than the steelbook.

I went back to Best Buy and Target this morning, and Target was all sold out of the digi, while BB still had plenty of stock on hand. Also, this was shared with Mexico, outside of that though, this was exclusive to two countries while the steelbook was mass produced all over the world!

Reactions: Buffalo MX
I went back to Best Buy and Target this morning, and Target was all sold out of the digi, while BB still had plenty of stock on hand. Also, this was shared with Mexico, outside of that though, this was exclusive to two countries while the steelbook was mass produced all over the world!

True but im sure the mueller exclusive digi from Germany is far less in qty. Possibly making that the rarest .... but then again the cowl from CA is limited to 3,500. I'm sure some Asian country will buy some other Countries TDKr steels and then throw a lil slip on and it be limited to even less lol.

But in the world of digibooks im sure the Germany one is probably the fewest.

True but im sure the mueller exclusive digi from Germany is far less in qty. Possibly making that the rarest .... but then again the cowl from CA is limited to 3,500. I'm sure some Asian country will buy some other Countries TDKr steels and then throw a lil slip on and it be limited to even less lol.

But in the world of digibooks im sure the Germany one is probably the fewest.

The Mueller digibook is another awesome edition for TDKR. Couldn't pass that up thanks to the help of a friend. I didn't get the cowl though. I'm hoping it shows up for $9.99 eventually like the bat pod edition did for TDK.

I don't think that's gonna happen this time. It's sold out everywhere.

I could be wrong, but I think I wound up getting my batpod after it was sold out on amazon from a third party for $9.99. It might not happen but who knows. But I digress, as this is not the thread about that.

ok.. So the Print run is a bit higher than previously thought. Target sold almost 30,000 copies of this on Tuesday. There are still almost 50,000 on hands.. So the print is at least 80,000.

And 40,000 of which are

Post #86 of this thread

I am hoping, wishing and praying... that these digibooks are not confined on the dreaded

Target Loss Prevention Spider Lock​

10347849-large.jpg

Another example of employees NOT exercising initiative and common sense. Simply sad state of retail sales these days. The employees in the Target stores around me are fantastic in terms of knowledge, efficiency, customer service and just plain fun people to be around.

This picture conveys the output of an unhappy and/or scared of "not following the rules" employee. Sad.

Well, they are following the rules, but they could have used a different form of protection. I used the fat plastic cases, as I do with most things. Those spiders are the last resort and It pains me when I have to put them on some awesome editions. (Bond 50, etc..) I just wish there weren't so many thieves.

But personally I would rather ruin a few copies of these than lose my job.

It's actually surprising how many people don't actually care about these spiders or the damage they cause.

Reactions: lolwut
Well, they are following the rules, but they could have used a different form of protection. I used the fat plastic cases, as I do with most things. Those spiders are the last resort and It pains me when I have to put them on some awesome editions. (Bond 50, etc..) I just wish there weren't so many thieves.

But personally I would rather ruin a few copies of these than lose my job.

It's actually surprising how many people don't actually care about these spiders or the damage they cause.

That is why you are the Ninja at your store. You follow the rules but bend them in favor of your customers. You know to use the fat plastic cases instead of these spiders. They should be the last resort and even when used, I have seen Target employees hook them up with enough slack to protect them but not enough to allow the item to slip out. That is initiative!

Anyway, we can tell you are a star employee and your job will be safe for a long time. :scat::scat:

Reactions: adrenaline78