The Exorcist (40th Anniversary Edition) [USA]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
RELEASE DATE: Oct. 08, 2013
ORDER: Link

exorcist.jpg

Warner Home Video has also set The Exorcist: 40th Anniversary Edition – Extended Director’s Cut for Blu-ray release on 10/8. Yes… this film has now got to be high in the running for the most re-released title on either Blu-ray and DVD. The set (SRP $49.99) will include both the Extended Director’s Cut and Theatrical Version, plus all the previous extras and the all-new Beyond Comprehension: William Peter Blatty’s The Exorcist and Talk of the Devil documentaries. You’ll also get a booklet containing an excerpt from The Friedkin Connection: A Memoir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no news as to whether it's a new 4k transfer or not? I thought I read it was going to be another Digibook or is that purely speculation?

Warner Bros. are keeping extremely tight lipped on this release considering it's just around the corner.

At the price they are asking now this isn't worth it for me. It's basically just a book and an extra disc compared to the release that's already out. I thought Warner might have put a bit more effort in to this one.

I was lucky enough to have pre-ordered this when it was $19.96 so the packaging, book and extra disc were well worth it for me.

sidenote about the packaging, I know that typically the iconic shot of Father Merrin in the street light under the Mcneil house is and always will be the first image that comes to mind for the film. However.. The New Packaging showcasing the staircase behind the house that Father Karras ultimately fell to his death on has always been wayyyyy more creepier to me. ive always got that chilly feeling as if that staircase was portrayed as having a life of its own. something very haunting by it. so, having that image as new cover art really pleased me.