The Exorcist (40th Anniversary Edition) [USA]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
RELEASE DATE: Oct. 08, 2013
ORDER: Link

exorcist.jpg

Warner Home Video has also set The Exorcist: 40th Anniversary Edition – Extended Director’s Cut for Blu-ray release on 10/8. Yes… this film has now got to be high in the running for the most re-released title on either Blu-ray and DVD. The set (SRP $49.99) will include both the Extended Director’s Cut and Theatrical Version, plus all the previous extras and the all-new Beyond Comprehension: William Peter Blatty’s The Exorcist and Talk of the Devil documentaries. You’ll also get a booklet containing an excerpt from The Friedkin Connection: A Memoir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been waiting for this but I was hoping there would be a new transfer but as nothing has been said about it it seems it may be the same transfer

Awesome news dbabe. Growing up in a very religious household this film scared the living happy meal out of me when I was a kid.

I will wait and see what this comes with, if there's only 2 bonus documentaries and a booklet it's not worth getting. Hopefully it comes with some other extra bits.

Wow this artwork is really horrible! What's up with WB ruining classic artwork for great movies lately?!

Shame it's not going to be the 4K scanned new master as what was rumoured, but seeing as I don't own this on BD yet I've pre-ordered it