The Fifth Element (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #26) [Korea]

Jan 24, 2011
Portugal
Release date: January 29, 2016
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - One Click
Price: $34.99
Note: SteelBook is glossed and embossed. Lenti 1300 copies - Full Slip A1 1000 copies - Full Slip A2 300 copies - One Click 200 copies
Group buy: hosted by Kaka1888

1.jpg

3.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg

14501660928292136.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would I joke about a movie that is visually so colourful as the fifth element end up having such an uninspired and boring steelbook only partially redeemed by the cardboard "extra"
What has being visually colourful got to do with not having Leeloo on the cover? :-/

Emotional response? I think for the blind this one will give a good emotional response. J/K.

I love this release. I think it will be a fast sellout. Those slips are going to be quality. The steel already looks amazing with the gloss and color.

That is so hilarious :LOL::rofl::rofl::rofl:. I've been laughing to this comment with tears in my eyes, please stop it man :LOL:

Reactions: blu-steel
Emotional response? I think for the blind this one will give a good emotional response. J/K.

I love this release. I think it will be a fast sellout. Those slips are going to be quality. The steel already looks amazing with the gloss and color.

That is so hilarious :LOL::rofl::rofl::rofl:. I've been laughing to this comment with tears in my eyes, please stop it man :LOL:

You're quite the joker aren't you @blu-steel

As some one who has a blind family member, i'm deeply offended.

lol, not really

Love this film glad I never got the zavvi version now for me this best looking steelbook iv sin in some time can't wait to get me hands on it..

I've got the Zavvi edition and actually quite like it. I love the front artwork on it, but not the back artwork.
For this edition, I love the back artwork, but not the front....
I quite like the first full slip, but I don't love it. The lenti and second full slip is an easy pass imo.
I think I will remain on the fence about this release until Kimchi release info on what else this edition comes with. If they were to do decent artcards etc, I reckon I'll go for the first fullslip.

It is a shame though as I love Luc Besson and this has always been one of my all-time-fave films... :dunno:

Why would I joke about a movie that is visually so colourful as the fifth element end up having such an uninspired and boring steelbook only partially redeemed by the cardboard "extra"

Since Leeloo will be on the slip and that's what will be displayed on the shelf what does it matter what's on the steelbook? The slips are what these particular steelbooks are about - they're the main attraction.

Since Leeloo will be on the slip and that's what will be displayed on the shelf what does it matter what's on the steelbook? The slips are what these particular steelbooks are about - they're the main attraction.
Get yourself some cardboard, paste a picture of Leeloo on it and display that on your shelf and you will have lots of cash left over for Christmas

Hey if you want to spend $50 on some fancy cardboard wrapped around a substandard steelbook then that's your choice. Doesn't change the facts.

why so much hate? u seem so pissed off about this release lol for me, the slipcover of type 01 is what makes this a winner. i buy korean releases for the slips, not the steels as they are so premium compared to UK/USA slips.

FYI, the original release was UK-wide, not a Zavvi exclusive. :)

This steel makes me think it must be far cheaper to license/produce without any actor photos or key art. You see it every now and then with other steels where it's just scenery or uninspired designs, seems like the same sorta thing here. One single shot from the movie as interior art, zero actors featured.

FYI, the original release was UK-wide, not a Zavvi exclusive. :)

This steel makes me think it must be far cheaper to license/produce without any actor photos or key art. You see it every now and then with other steels where it's just scenery or uninspired designs, seems like the same sorta thing here. One single shot from the movie as interior art, zero actors featured.

which = more profit as they dont have to pay the licenese's to use actors on the cover etc