The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
Yeah but you need a good coach that can handle the team, without leadership it will just sink fast!

Anyways I hear Sunderland is looking for this 20 yr old in Mex. Also I read about Wenger's Wonderkid lol that 16yr old kid in Mex that the Gunners are following.

Who are sunderland looking at??

I just got FIFA 10 last night, dude I am still pissed about that damn shooting! they dribbling may be 360 but the damn shooting is what they need to freakin fix!!

I like the rest of the game, but I can't get passed the fact that when you shoot it always goes to one spot ALWAYS!! that's just stupid! I doubt I'll be playing much of this come PES.

I just got FIFA 10 last night, dude I am still pissed about that damn shooting! they dribbling may be 360 but the damn shooting is what they need to freakin fix!!

I like the rest of the game, but I can't get passed the fact that when you shoot it always goes to one spot ALWAYS!! that's just stupid! I doubt I'll be playing much of this come PES.

Well we will have to have a game dude. Im getting pes for xmas ;)

Also aim your shooting dude :)

Dude I am no rookie, I've been playing this for over a decade and FIFA always has these predetermined points in the goal were you can score and if it's outside of that area your shot will be going to the keeper. That's freaking annoying.

To be honest i have been playing it for over a month now and i have not noticed it. I know on the previous game you could go to the edge of the area and do a curling shot and it would go in. But this time the goalkeepers are better i feel. I think the game is the best fifa yet personally.

I think its harder to score and everything. The passing is much better and its good you can knock players off the ball aswell.

Your just not good at it horhay lol

To be honest i have been playing it for over a month now and i have not noticed it. I know on the previous game you could go to the edge of the area and do a curling shot and it would go in. But this time the goalkeepers are better i feel. I think the game is the best fifa yet personally.

I think its harder to score and everything. The passing is much better and its good you can knock players off the ball aswell.

Your just not good at it horhay lol

No the scoring has been the complain for a whole freaking decade, it's so damn pre-determined its freaking annoying. Much of the gameplay got improved and I was pleased with that. although half of that stuff PES has had it for years now so it's not something new to me it just got added to FIFA that's all.

I love the overall feel of the game don't get me wrong and it has minor upgrades from last years game. However little things like that whole shooting at the goal is what annoy me the most and I can't get passed it simply because I've had it on other games (PES) and EA just can't seem to get it right! seriously why are the Canadians developing a football game? (no offense to you Canadias :)) lol

Be honest i think the whole shotting thing has improved alot. Play on Legendary if your finding it easy lol :D

Well im going to get PES at the end of the year so will compare then

R.i.P Enke

I see no one has mentioned this but wanted to let you guys know, if youa itn heard.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8353733.stm

Germany goalkeeper Robert Enke, who committed suicide on Tuesday, had been battling depression and was first treated for the illness in 2003.

His widow Teresa said he feared their adopted daughter Leila would be removed if his illness became public knowledge.

He had also struggled to overcome the death of their biological daughter Lara, who died at the age of two in 2006 of a rare heart condition.

733e096782.jpg

Germany have called off their friendly with Chile in Cologne on Saturday.

Enke, 32, who had played for clubs in Germany, Spain, Portugal and Turkey before settling at Hannover 96 in 2004, walked into the path of a train near his home having left a suicide letter in which he apologised for hiding the condition of his mental state.

That's what they get for hiring that coach, he couldn't handle a team that had very few egos how did they expect him to do it in Madrid? well that's what they get.