The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
That's what they get for hiring that coach, he couldn't handle a team that had very few egos how did they expect him to do it in Madrid? well that's what they get.

Your just mad because Barca aint going to win la liga this year. I honestly think Real will win la liga as long as Ronaldo stays fit.

Real%2BMadrid%2BPresents%2BCristiano%2BRonaldo%2BNew%2B54BrmMDmZpCl.jpg

World Cup groups will be decide on December 4th. Just FYI ;)

They are trying to avoid teams from the same federation to face each other in the group stage (except Europeans) so its almost guaranteed to see 2 Europeans, 1 African, 1 Latin/Asian team in each group.

South Africa, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany, England, Spain and France (or Holland if France doesn't qualify). Not sure why France has to lead a group if they did so crappy throughout the qualifiers, I'd hate to say this but that should of gone to the US for the fantastic job they did in the qualifiers. Talk about FIFA being biased.

Also, next U-17 WC will be held none other that south of the border from here ;) time to get that title back in our hands!!

Last edited:
World Cup groups will be decide on December 4th. Just FYI ;)

They are trying to avoid teams from the same federation to face each other in the group stage (except Europeans) so its almost guaranteed to see 2 Europeans, 1 African, 1 Latin/Asian team in each group.

South Africa, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany, England, Spain and France (or Holland if France doesn't qualify). Not sure why France has to lead a group if they did so crappy throughout the qualifiers, I'd hate to say this but that should of gone to the US for the fantastic job they did in the qualifiers. Talk about FIFA being biased.

Also, next U-17 WC will be held none other that south of the border from here ;) time to get that title back in our hands!!

Sweet should be a good draw no doubt, im looking forward to it and then i cant start making predictions on who will win lol

I guess later today we'll see the last team get qualified, so far Uruguay is winning 1- 0 Costa Rica and they are playing at home so yeah I doubt CR has anything to overcome and be at the World cup next year.

Wow Ireland got jacked! that handball by Henry was not involuntary! he touched the ball twice to set it up for a pass. What a rip off!

I know it was funny though, the amount times my team has got ripped off with things like that. Glad ireland didnt got through.

What?! are you smoking something? this is a WC qualifier match a decisive one, he cheated and that's the end of it. He should get flamed with no end for it. He deprived a whole nation from going to the WC because he didn't use fair play. It was straight robbery.

Last edited:
What?! are you smoking something? this is a WC qualifier match a decisive one, he cheated and that's the end of it. He should get flamed with no end for it. He deprived a whole nation from going to the WC because he didn't use fair play. It was straight robbery.

i know but i dont want ireland at the worldcup anyway,plus i dont like them aswell. Why would i want to watch duff and keane when i can have henry and ribery. I wanted France to win anyway.

Look at this way he aint the first one to cheat and he wont be the last. To be honest the momment takes over and it happens, its the same as diving. At least he had the balls to come and say he handballed it and the game should be replayed.Its been overhyped because it was a important game. It dont change my views on henry, still the greatest player i have ever seen play and one of my favs. Arsenal legend.

Rant done lol

i know but i dont want ireland at the worldcup anyway,plus i dont like them aswell. Why would i want to watch duff and keane when i can have henry and ribery. I wanted France to win anyway.

Look at this way he aint the first one to cheat and he wont be the last. To be honest the momment takes over and it happens, its the same as diving. At least he had the balls to come and say he handballed it and the game should be replayed.Its been overhyped because it was a important game. It dont change my views on henry, still the greatest player i have ever seen play and one of my favs. Arsenal legend.

Rant done lol

Yeah cuz you are on the other side of the coin, you weren't left out of the competition. Where's the Fair Play FIFA talks about? I am aware of the cheating aspect and I know it will always be there, however, it's blown out of proportion because of the importance of the game. Henry is good no doubt, but still he cheated and left an entire nation without the biggest tourny in the world regardless of who it is.

Yeah cuz you are on the other side of the coin, you weren't left out of the competition. Where's the Fair Play FIFA talks about? I am aware of the cheating aspect and I know it will always be there, however, it's blown out of proportion because of the importance of the game. Henry is good no doubt, but still he cheated and left an entire nation without the biggest tourny in the world regardless of who it is.

Personally it was ireland and no one cares about them. I bet if mexico where in the same position and Vela did that you wouldn't care. Its the media taking it over board for no reason. It happens, its football. I can tell you numerous times my team have been cheated out of things. But hey im not a big fan of international football it brings out too much in people and they get all stressy about nationality.

Club football over anything.I mean champions league is more important then the world cup now.

Personally it was ireland and no one cares about them. I bet if mexico where in the same position and Vela did that you wouldn't care. Its the media taking it over board for no reason. It happens, its football. I can tell you numerous times my team have been cheated out of things. But hey im not a big fan of international football it brings out too much in people and they get all stressy about nationality.

Club football over anything.I mean champions league is more important then the world cup now.

I am not disputing the fact that players don't do it, it happens I know I've seen worst lol