The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 433
Last edited by a moderator:
it'll come back just as jungle book did, do not worry :D

i think what zavvi does is pull the listing a couple of weeks before release so they can get a count and organize their figures so they hopefully have a accurate number of whats left. They've done this for a lot of their titles

Yes. I ended up contacting them about the fraud cancelled card. They said just wait til it get's released and I will get an email asking me to update my card info. Seems like they should take notes from Amazon and add a way to update your card info for outstanding orders, but whatever. I'm just glad my order won't be cancelled:D

interesting that must have changed, since a while ago I had the same issue and they said the order had to be cancelled. Though that was a long time ago.

I am eagerly awaiting this release

it'll come back just as jungle book did, do not worry :D

i think what zavvi does is pull the listing a couple of weeks before release so they can get a count and organize their figures so they hopefully have a accurate number of whats left. They've done this for a lot of their titles

What? Do they have to physically count them then? Shouldn't their stock system be doing that automatically for them? It's not difficult. Say, total stock = 10,000 minus 9,000 pre-orders plus 1,000 cancellations = 2,000 left to sell! Simple mathematics, not rocket science! :D

What? Do they have to physically count them then? Shouldn't their stock system be doing that automatically for them? It's not difficult. Say, total stock = 10,000 minus 9,000 pre-orders plus 1,000 cancellations = 2,000 left to sell! Simple mathematics, not rocket science! :D

No it doesn't. They over sold Aladdin and had to make 1000 more thus making it a 5000 print run.

Butby your calculation total stock is 12,000 not 10,000 :D

As pointed out yesterday, it was guaranteed to come back into stock. When there's no mention of an official print run next to the title. Zavvi will fill in all orders taken whether its 1 or 100 copies. Its all about economics for them. They're here to make money. Plain and simple. You cannot blame them for that. It is what it is.

The next releases zavvi havd said will be either 4k or 5k. Who cares on the print run of this release, if your not happy dont buy it. I intend to get the full disney collection and know its going to cost but will be worth it in the end.

This could be amazing in hand and we all have high hopes for it. Still shame theres no back art up yet

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

How? 10000 - 9000 orders = 1000 left, add back on the 1000 that will be cancelled due to either failed payments or people changing their mind, leaves Zavvi with 2000 left to sell.

Which is presumptious to say the least. Unless you can see in the future, whos to say 1000 will be cancelled?

With the amount of changed minds it could be only an 8000 print run, but who truly cares about print run on an awesome looking steelie like this one

Reactions: thehunter
Back in stock.. I think Zavvi should have just said 'steelbook' instead of 'limited steelbook' cuz clearly this is in no way shape or form 'limited' :/

I would say nearly all Zavvi steelbooks are limited. No 3d, bonus discs or decent packaging = limited to me.
On the reverse side I really like the finish and look of the other disney steels they have done and so I am really looking forwards to getting this :D

Reactions: Steeler
How? 10000 - 9000 orders = 1000 left, add back on the 1000 that will be cancelled due to either failed payments or people changing their mind, leaves Zavvi with 2000 left to sell.

Which is presumptious to say the least. Unless you can see in the future, whos to say 1000 will be cancelled?

With the amount of changed minds it could be only an 8000 print run, but who truly cares about print run on an awesome looking steelie like this one

I was only showing the calculations from the post Doctor made which you said he had miscalculated, which in fact he hadn't. I only use my crystal ball for lottery and football results!.